Gransnet forums

Chat

Lost and Found Years later

(10 Posts)
Grammaretto Sun 23-Dec-18 12:29:55

I have a wedding ring story too. Mine was a bit loose and I took it off frequently when decorating or gardening and one day it vanished. We looked high and low and prayed to St Anthony but to no avail.
6 years later we had sold the house and were doing a final clean up before leaving and there it was in a pile of sweepings at the back of the garage.
How it got there I'll never know but it was on our wedding anniversary. How lucky was that.

EllanVannin Sun 23-Dec-18 12:17:14

One of my earrings went whoosh the other day------up the hoover. Because it was only a gold dangler I didn't bother going through the cat hairs and dust. Though to be honest I didn't know when it happened as both were on the coffee table and the cat had been on there.
Then there was one remaining.

paddyann Sat 22-Dec-18 19:42:43

Spooked me a bit too Buffybee

Buffybee Sat 22-Dec-18 18:24:20

paddyann, your story of the earring sounds like it could be a bit "Whooo" to me. ?
Very strange place to find it and like you said, lucky you kept the other one.

Granny23 Sat 22-Dec-18 17:06:07

My engagement ring went missing in my bedroom back in 1973. My 3yr old DD and her cousin were playing weddings in the bedroom and had dragged out all the clothes from my wardrobe to dress up and used my wedding & engagement rings, which were on the bedside cabinet to marry each other.

We still live in the same house, searched high and low at the time and have had several new carpets fitted and even had the floor up when the Central Heating was installed all to no avail. I suppose it is too late now to claim on the insurance?

paddyann Sat 22-Dec-18 16:44:55

I lost an earring ,it was a special earring ,I lost it at a party 3 miles from my home.I was really upset about it,phoned the venue and the cleaners went through the dustbins and vaccuums with no luck.
Forward 2 years and we were changing our kitchen cabinets and lo and behold on top of a tall kitchen cabinet with only 2 inches of space to the ceiling was my earring.I have no idea how it got there but I was pleased I had kept the other of the pair .

Buffybee Sat 22-Dec-18 16:30:45

There seem to be quite a few found on carrots Chewy.
Im fascinated by these hoardes of gold and jewellery, found in the middle of fields. Imagining the person burying it hundreds of years ago, for safety and then being killed or something.
Annoying about your pendant Lemon, I wonder how long it will be before it appears. ?

Chewbacca Sat 22-Dec-18 16:02:42

This lady found hers, 13 years after she lost it, with a carrot growing through it!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40956139

lemongrove Sat 22-Dec-18 15:56:21

How amazing to get it back Buffy I lost my original wedding ring after about 25 years, but sadly never found it.
After thinking hard about lost and found, I have lost many many things but never found any of them.
Recently a pearl and silver pendant I was putting on, fell off in the bedroom, and I was sure I could find it ( even moved the bed which weighs a ton) but no luck.

Buffybee Sat 22-Dec-18 15:35:43

Has anyone else lost something and then found it or someone else found it years later?
I was just on another thread about Wedding rings and it brought back a memory I had totally forgotten about.
We had only been married a few months and we were both outside when I suddenly pointed something out and my Wedding ring flew off, made a couple of "tings", then vanished. We had been on the drive at the time and thought it would be easy to find and we searched and searched but it was gone.
Years later my little boy about 7 or 8 came running in excitedly exclaiming, "look what I've found", and it was my ring.
He said he had been cycling up the drive and had seen something glinting in the dry-stone wall which surrounded our farmhouse.
I was amazed as the ring must have been there about 10 years.