Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning New Years Day

(71 Posts)
12Michael Tue 01-Jan-19 06:24:41

Good Morning , and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Its dark, but looks mild , do not know whether its a good sign but there's a black cat on the lawn outside my flat.
Mi

Bellanonna Tue 01-Jan-19 10:30:14

Happy New Year to everyone. I’m just a visitor to this thread but enjoy reading your comments from around the U.K. it’s mild and sunny between clouds here in the SE.
Maw I enjoyed that song but was glad of the subtitles!

toscalily Tue 01-Jan-19 10:28:48

Good morning & Happy New Year to everyone.

mumofmadboys Tue 01-Jan-19 10:20:08

Hope you feel better soon grannytotwins.
Just watching the concert from Vienna on BBC2
Happy and peaceful NY to all

grannytotwins Tue 01-Jan-19 10:16:35

@ninathenana. Glad to get a weather update as I’m stuck in WHH after having my appendix out yesterday. A big surprise. Lots of people have been mentioning helicopters overhead in the night and are guessing what has happened.

Samiejb Tue 01-Jan-19 10:15:49

Morning everyone - happy new year to you all. Lovely and sunny here Somerset.

MawBroon Tue 01-Jan-19 10:12:16

Eek! I’ll have to look on the website- that would be a bummer! But today is Tuesday.......
Thank you for the heads-up.

theretheredear Tue 01-Jan-19 10:09:11

Good morning, Happy new year to you allsunshine
Bright, dry & mild here in west Yorkshire. Washing on the line, Christmas decorations down. Long walk with the dog & a catch up with a friend planned for this afternoon
Have a lovely day.

Bobdoesit Tue 01-Jan-19 10:05:26

Good morning, Happy New Year all. It's a beautiful morning in Somerset blue sky and sunshine. We are off to Stourhead for a walk soon. Hope everyone has a good day.

BlueSapphire Tue 01-Jan-19 10:00:24

Good morning all and a Happy New Year! Very grey but at least dry in Northampton.

Had an unexpected invitation yesterday to a neighbours for drinks and food to see the New Year in, so had a very late night in good company. Result - slept like a log till 7.45am!

MawBroon, don't want to rain on your parade, I should have been going to see 'The Favourite' at the Errol Flynn tomorrow, but they phoned me yesterday to say that the projection equipment had broken, and had cancelled Wednesday's screening. Money refunded, and I have rebooked for Saturday (using one of my free tickets). May now have a trip to Milton Keynes instead.

New Year's wishes to all, especially those who have suffered the loss of a loved one. I for one am glad to see the back of 2018, and will be thoroughly pleased to get DH'S first anniversary over and done with next month. Today I will open a bottle of fizz and raise a glass to him (which he would definitely approve of!), and remember the happy times.

Hev61 Tue 01-Jan-19 09:56:53

Happy new year to all gransnetters.hope its a healthy & peaceful one.

Marydoll Tue 01-Jan-19 09:46:57

Good morning all and a happy New Year.

After a night of carousing with the neighbours, I'm all partied out. The best part, Mr MD and I won the quiz!! grin
I came downstairs to have a quiet cuppa and just chill, to find DD up before me. That girl has talked non-stop for over an hour, so I've escaped back upstairs to catch up on GN.
A quiet day for us today.

Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Tue 01-Jan-19 09:45:41

Bright here in the Scottish Borders.
A Happy New year to one and all.
We may go for a wander to the local stately home where they are offering a barbeque.
Or we might not!smile

bikergran Tue 01-Jan-19 09:14:11

Morning everyone..bit dull here in Lancashire but mild smile

Off to work shortly ta ra

MawBroon Tue 01-Jan-19 09:09:03

For scotinOz and indeed Scots everywhere

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HivJ4EosWS8

ScotinOz Tue 01-Jan-19 09:07:07

Good evening everyone. We had another hot day here in Sydney.

Had nothing planned for today, but then unexpectedly got invited in to our new neighbour's New Year BBQ. It was lovely meeting them and their family properly. A lovely start to the new year.

Wishing everyone all the best for 2019

harrigran Tue 01-Jan-19 09:04:25

Good morning and a Happy New Year. It is mild and quite bright here.
A day at home, DD and SIL coming for lunch.

Pittcity Tue 01-Jan-19 08:56:03

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Bright and mild here.
I too am nursing a cold and retired early last night with earplugs in. DH picked DS up from a party in the early hours so they are both still snoring happily.
Will rest today and try to get back to normal tomorrow.

oldgaijin Tue 01-Jan-19 08:54:05

Salutations and a very Happy New Year all GN's from a dreich, grey Aberdeenshire.
The lurgy has now descended to my chest so am taking copious drafts of Benylin...at least it sends me to sleep. Think I'll stay in bed for a while with my cuppie tea and a good book.
Am eager to see the Favourite too...Hope you enjoy it Maw Broon.
Have a peaceful day, all.

Minerva Tue 01-Jan-19 08:54:04

Good morning and Happy New Year.
We are off to Kew Gardens in London with 4 grandchildren. I am looking forward to a lovely morning.

lemongrove Tue 01-Jan-19 08:54:01

Good morning and a Happy New Year to all.
Mild here again, we have primroses flowering ( since early Dec).
A leisurely start, and meeting a group of friends for a special lunch later.

Teetime Tue 01-Jan-19 08:49:52

Good Morning
Happy New Year to all- bright and dry here in Melton Mowbray - off to golf! smile

Anniebach Tue 01-Jan-19 08:47:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

I wish you all a happy and peaceful new year x

DoraMarr Tue 01-Jan-19 08:42:38

Good morning from a dry but overcast Birmingham. I had one of those white nights- finally got to sleep around 3, so not feeling on top form. I’ll go for a walk and lunch in a local NT property today with my three daughters and grandchildren. I hope that wakes me up! Later this evening I have some friends coming for a New Year’s Day drink.
Happy New Year to everyone!

Alygran Tue 01-Jan-19 08:37:12

Good morning and happy new year from a very mild North Yorkshire. Taking the decorations down this morning as DD2 is here and she can help put them in the loft. Then driving to her house in Derbyshire and to see DD1 for dinner this evening. Hope the day is kind to you all.

Brunette10 Tue 01-Jan-19 08:33:38

Happy New Year to you all and to those who follow. It’s dry and bright here in Fife and very quiet in our little street. Welcomed the bells in at midnight with a glass of fizz, I’m ashamed that Scottish tv was, in my opinion just awful. Have our family for their New Year’s Day dinner in the afternoon so looking forward to that. I hope 2019 is a happy and healthy year for everyone. Thinking of those less fortunate. Look after yourselves everyone and have a good day.