Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Mon 07-Jan-19 06:17:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and cold outside this morning in brackley , having windows 10 installed later with help of course .
So hopefully will be back tomorrow .
Mick

kittylester Mon 07-Jan-19 06:29:30

Good morning mick. Morning all.

North Leicestershire is is dark but not too cold.

Today is a clear up day after all the family being here for my birthday. I had a lovely weekend but it's back to reality this week.

Gagagran Mon 07-Jan-19 06:40:29

Good Morning Mick, kitty and everyone.

It is much less chilly here on the south coast and the dry and calm spell is set to continue.

Glad you had a good birthday kitty - sounds like our sort of family get together. They are the best! Also, good luck with Windows 10 Mick - you will soon get used to it.

Laundry today and parcels set to be delivered so need to stay at home. There are always tasks to be found there!

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

oldgaijin Mon 07-Jan-19 06:41:04

Good morning Mick, good morning all from a dreich Aberdeenshire.
Enjoyed the cinema showing of Andre Rieu's new year concert from Sydney yesterday..wonderful music and it all looked such FUN! The purists can sneer, but he is a superb snowman as well as a gifted musician.
Shall finish tidying the house today before my cleaning lady comes tomorrow.
Have a good day everybody.

oldgaijin Mon 07-Jan-19 06:45:45

Hope you get on OK with Windows 10, Mick. I loathe it with a passion...too much stuff that you will never use.

BlueSapphire Mon 07-Jan-19 07:23:34

Good morning all. Still too dark here to see what the weather's like in Northampton!
Back to yoga this morning; no other plans for the day, except try to persuade the cats to eat.

NfkDumpling Mon 07-Jan-19 07:32:11

Morning All

We’ve just had a wonderful weekend with all the family here. A Twelfth Night celebration with DD1 who doesn’t come home for Christmas. Rather hectic and a bit of a squeeze as we over-downsized (not having grandchildren at the time). They all left early enough yesterday to take down the Christmas tree and drooping greenery so, as with A Squash and a Squeeze, the house seems wonderfully spacious now!

Changing sheets, washing and cleaning today.

ninathenana Mon 07-Jan-19 07:43:43

Good Morning all.

I haven't looked out yet, so not sure about the weather.
No plans for today, just a bit of this n that.
Belated Happy Birthday kitty glad you had a good weekend.

DoraMarr Mon 07-Jan-19 07:49:48

Good morning from Birmingham, where it seems, from my fifth floor window, to be frost- free and dry. There is a beautiful dappled sky in the east, which promises some sun today. I have a long “to do” list this morning, then am starting a new writing class this afternoon. I spent quite a lot of time yesterday planning a trip to the Basque Country in April. I hope everyone who has been under the weather feels better today.

ninathenana Mon 07-Jan-19 07:51:13

I've just opened the curtains to see this smile

Pittcity Mon 07-Jan-19 07:52:13

Good morning from a mild Colchester. Temperature back into double figures today. Just beginning to get light.
Not sure what today will bring as Walking Netball doesn't restart until next week.

NanKate Mon 07-Jan-19 07:54:00

Good Morning Mick and All.

Chickened out of going to Keep Fit class today as I find it hard getting up and dressed in the pitch dark but I can’t be a wimp so will set myself to go next Monday. Will go for a brisk walk instead.

Calm and cool in South Bucks.

I have Windows 10, I have got used to it as you will Mick.

Willow10 Mon 07-Jan-19 07:58:04

Good morning everyone. Still dark but dry in East Northants. Lovely photo Nina! Not sure what today will bring until I wake up properly! Hope it's a good one for all.

dragonfly46 Mon 07-Jan-19 08:10:49

Good morning.
Walk with friends this afternoon.

Sar53 Mon 07-Jan-19 08:28:14

Good morning everyone from a bright Essex by the sea. Appointment with the nurse this morning to check my blood pressure which was quite high before Christmas. Some food shopping afterwards, nothing else planned for today.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 07-Jan-19 08:30:27

Good Morning from another mild Black Country.

Partner never got out of bed yesterday, and he only drank water all day, no food, not even a cuppa! He is still in bed now, so I think it may be a phone call to Doctors this morning. I am feeling a bit delicate this morning too. Was hoping to go on my Monday walk, but may give it a miss, as I don't want to pass this on to anyone.

I have my tax return to complete, so may do that later.

I have had Windows 10 for a while Mick and if I can use it I am sure you can smile

Wishing you all a good day.

aggie Mon 07-Jan-19 08:49:51

Good Morning all ,peeked out and it was dark so back to bed

Greyduster Mon 07-Jan-19 08:58:56

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a grey South Yorkshire. Mick I read that as you were having ten windows installed with help!! I woke up late in a haze of pain as if I had had something heavy pressing on me. Various domestics today before the school run this afternoon. Have a good day folks.

Marydoll Mon 07-Jan-19 09:05:06

Good morning Mick and all from a very wet Glasgow, but it's eleven degrees, so not as cold. smile

A bad night sleepwise, so I shall be pottering about today, as my joints are painful. It's no bad thing, as yesterday again, I went out to pick up a click and collect and came back hours later.
DGD spotted my car in the car park and the rest is history. That's the thing about having a yellow car. grin, everyone knows it's you!
It was such a lovely surpise to see her and she was so happy when she spotted me. It certainly made my day.

Good luck with Windows10 Mick, initially there were a lot of problems, but they seemed to have been ironed out.
Have a good day all.

Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Mon 07-Jan-19 09:07:13

Good Morning All OH is geting a bit better from his dreadful bronchitis , I now have a bad tickly sratchy throat and I am coughing.
I am now sneezing and really feeling fed up.
Still uniformly grey skies in Cheshire.

farview Mon 07-Jan-19 09:14:09

Morning All.
Belated birthday wishes Kitty!!!
Just walked the dog in foggy drizzle...now going to clean kitchen tiles which I loathe as it means moving everything!
Enjoy today whatever you are doing!!!

Susan56 Mon 07-Jan-19 09:20:12

Good morning everybody.Damp day in North Shropshire.I have diabetic eye screening this morning then diabetic clinic this afternoon.Such joy!On the bright side we are going to post all the forms off to apply for my husbands pensions,roll on May!

Brunette10 Mon 07-Jan-19 09:21:54

Good Morning everyone.from a very windy and wet Fife. Heavens above I cannot believe I have slept until this time, hate sleeping late but not sleeping recently has obviously caught up. Have quite a lot of chores to do today and I like getting started early, however one of the things I have to learn to do is not clock watch which I unfortunately still do even after a few years of retirement. Hope your day is good to you.

Minerva Mon 07-Jan-19 09:30:55

Good morning from a warm but dull London.
Sorrow in our house as half of my grandchildren are on their way home to the other side of the world. My resident little grandson opened the bedroom door of the room where two of his cousins have been sleeping and burst into tears. I am fighting myself not to cry.
Lots to do so I will keep very busy today.

EllanVannin Mon 07-Jan-19 09:31:21

Good morning All x
Pretty dark here until about 8.30 this morning, but again,it's not cold. We've got away with it nicely so far ( mustn't speak too soon though )

Just cleaning and freshening everywhere today and a chance to tear up old papers/letters which have accumulated. Shredder broken so it'll be tedious.

Hope all is well with everyone wherever you are.
Roll on Spring !