Gransnet forums

Chat

An apology!

(32 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 07-Jan-19 16:46:10

I did post of the great floods which were to hit us this year, as prophesied by Nostradamus.

I hope no one has invested in a boat/ canoe/ raft ,/ water wings.

Nostradamus prophesied the Queen would die after a short illness - in 2018 !

I was rather anxious switching on ‘ToDay’ every morning until January. Needless to say I will not read anymore from that gentleman ?

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 21:54:28

This thread isn’t to cause worry, it is light relief.

moggie57 Tue 08-Jan-19 21:24:32

fortune telling ,hmmm very suspect...nostrodamus,well he got some things right but they been and gone.i wouldnt worry about whats to come. make each day count...i read some where that we are time travellers any way .we visit/see/share places. we like nature/pets and friends and freash air and the beach. we have but a short life so we must make the most of it.

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 19:44:31

In G.Britain in 2019, but he also said the queen would die in 2018 !

BradfordLass72 Tue 08-Jan-19 19:21:24

Nostradamus was certainly right about flooding (but did he say where?) as we've had a huge number of wild, windy storms making many temporarily homeless.

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 18:22:38

Some coastal villages in Wales are in danger

BlueBelle Tue 08-Jan-19 18:04:00

We have just lost a row of beach huts to the sea and the water never comes up anywhere near them

varian Tue 08-Jan-19 18:00:41

Where are we supposed to go and who would rescue us if the UK is devastated by brexit?

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 17:57:55

I have been trying to think of a volcanic eruption which was in the news, got it

Tristan da Cunha, the islanders were rescued and brought to this country, late fifties or early sixties.

varian Tue 08-Jan-19 17:43:08

To sort out the potential problem of the "millenium bug", all it took was for IT folk to check and adjust their software.

To sort out the potential problems of a no-deal brexit would require a million (or thereabouts) more problems to be solved - akin to making an egg out of an omlette but much more difficult.

No comparison.

lemongrove Tue 08-Jan-19 16:30:43

Look how people behaved at the Millenium!
There were suicides and many prophecies of doom that computers would go haywire.

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 13:01:54

Your the lucky one Theoddbird. if flooded I may be alright living on the side of a mountain range !

Theoddbird Tue 08-Jan-19 12:41:20

I will be ok if that happens....I live on a boat....Hahaha

Anniebach Tue 08-Jan-19 12:29:43

The JW said the Cold War was a sign of the end of the world. They dismiss ‘no one knows the day or the hour ‘

There has always been natural disasters , in the past these were not brought to the attention of the world as they are now,

Annaram1 Tue 08-Jan-19 12:19:18

As a child in in South Africa I remember the Jehovahs Witnesses or some other group prophesied that the end of the world was imminent. Several people rushed into the sea in terror.
In the Bible it says words to the effect "No one knows the day nor the hour" not even Nostradamus.

sarahellenwhitney Tue 08-Jan-19 10:54:35

Beechnut.More by luck than judgement.? What will be will be. Saying that, in view of the natural disasters taking place in the world in the last few years, I often wonder whether there is more truth in the bible than what any , 'fortune teller' can predict.

Suebcrafty Tue 08-Jan-19 10:16:31

Or Liverpool (red) playing Everton (blue) at home?

Esmerelda Tue 08-Jan-19 10:06:01

Ha ha ... make a lot of obscure predictions and one or two are sure to be right at some time in the future.

Anniebach Mon 07-Jan-19 22:06:38

Or lemon red for Labour MP’s, blue for Tory MP’s, and in the house at PMQ ?

lemongrove Mon 07-Jan-19 22:00:46

Nostrodamus was a real joker wasn’t he?
So easy to make obscure predictions and prophecies.
Here’s one for you: men will mob together and shout until
They achieve their will, some will wrap themselves in red attire and some in blue.There will be much fear and anger and danger.
(Liverpool playing at an away match.......or a real war somewhere?)

Jalima1108 Mon 07-Jan-19 20:16:23

I'll look for an optimistic one!!

Anniebach Mon 07-Jan-19 20:12:51

Jalima there have been many books and articles written over the years, each writer gives their own translation

Jalima1108 Mon 07-Jan-19 20:07:24

it's OK Anniebach, I didn't have to read the thread!

like a moth to a flame …..
I threw the book away in the end.

Anniebach Mon 07-Jan-19 19:52:22

Jalima sorry, didn’t mean to cause worry, I thought it amusing , sorry

Jalima1108 Mon 07-Jan-19 19:41:52

Please don't read any more ~Anniebach

I read quite a lot of his prophecies when I was young and some have stuck in my mind, unfortunately, as I am quite a worrier!

Anniebach Mon 07-Jan-19 18:43:51

varian I think best I don’t look, there was something about WW3 !