Gransnet forums

Chat

Your wonderful pseudonames

(259 Posts)
grannysue05 Thu 10-Jan-19 11:14:46

About a year ago I opened a thread about the pseudonoms that we choose to put on Gransnet.
The freshly scented Lemongrove
The mysterious Maggiemaybe ... maybe, maybe not!
Baggs I had such an image of you until I saw your lovely picture on another thread.
MawBroon such a name of authority and we certainly respect your words.
Anniebach you must be little, yet you are not!
And I could go on and on but i won't.
There were some lovely answers and now that we have a lot of new members with equally intriguing "nom-de-plumes", I thought I would ask again what made you choose yours ?
Do you escape into a fantasy world (BlueSapphire what magic that conjures up) , or are you practical (like me) and just put your name?
Please share.

Onestepbeyond Fri 11-Jan-19 20:08:41

cos i'm just one step beyond everyone else

Nanannotgrandma Fri 11-Jan-19 19:46:54

My husband calls me Grandma to GS but GS call me Nanny

Opelessgran15 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:22:07

How I felt after my first grandson was born! Not only had I seemed to have forgotten everything to do with bringing up children, my DIL's mum delighted in telling me everything I was doing wrong, and how things were now done in a' new way'! Well, I have let her get over herself, and with GC 2 and 3 I feel confident again now and realised the key is to relax. But my first year as a grandmother was a bit unhappy, doesn't seem to have affected GC no 1, we have a very happy silly relationship on the whole and I so love him, and all of 'em!

Elenkalubleton Fri 11-Jan-19 19:14:49

Elenka is my grandaugters name,wish I could attach a photo but don’t know how (Lubleton ) is just made up.

BradfordLass72 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:11:08

GabriellaG54 - actually, I like "pseudonames* better smile

... and some of them are not fake or false, which is what 'pseudo' means in Greek so a wee change to the word makes it friendlier.

BonnieBlooming Fri 11-Jan-19 19:06:57

A nickname given to me many, many moons ago by a guy from Scotland and connected to my actual first name. If he could see me now!!!!!!!

Phoebes Fri 11-Jan-19 19:05:01

My middle name - after my Nana and my Mum and the initial of my first name.

yellowcanary Fri 11-Jan-19 18:50:48

Many many years ago I used to ride a motorbike, wearing yellow waterproofs and a yellow helmet with a peak - one day someone said I looked like a yellow canary in them - brings back memories of going out and about on the bike. One time as well went to the local carnival as a canary with my young sister as a witch.

Shesanana Fri 11-Jan-19 18:22:52

The first part is the beginning of my name and I’m a nana smile

fifeywifey Fri 11-Jan-19 18:03:56

I'm a wife and come from Fife. Simples.

Bamm Fri 11-Jan-19 18:03:06

My husband, who died four years ago, used to call me Bambi and shortened it to Bam. Someone else is Bam on the site, so I became Bamm.

MadFerretLady Fri 11-Jan-19 18:00:53

We have 7 of these little guys, tho have had up to 20 at one time before...

LadyKathleen Fri 11-Jan-19 17:59:18

I really love reading the Gransnet daily blog, but hesitate to post. I live in Seattle and enjoy reading the threads whose themes apply to the human condition worldwide. After I chose LadyKathleen and really read the other pseudonyms, I was afraid that my choice was a bit snobby sounding and arrogant which I don't think I am. I probably would choose something else if I had a choice. My actual name is Kathleen.

Thirdinline Fri 11-Jan-19 17:45:24

I’m step gran to 2 DGCs & their biological grans live much closer to them than I do, so I accept that my position is 3rd in line. I still love them to bits though, they’re gorgeous ?.

Nanny27 Fri 11-Jan-19 17:45:10

Mine is not half as imaginative as some of yours. I am a nanny to seven so nanny27.

Growing0ldDisgracefully Fri 11-Jan-19 17:41:25

This is me, doing what I like best. My 90 year old aunt said I was growing old disgracefully, hence my username!

BRedhead59 Fri 11-Jan-19 17:31:52

Initial of nickname, the colour of my hair and my age at the time!

sluttygran Fri 11-Jan-19 16:51:10

My daughter joked that I was ‘properly slutty’.
She was getting at me because I am pathologically house-proud, as she is herself, and there is competition as to which of us has the most spotless home.
Needless to say, since the advent of four gorgeous but chaotic GC ( two of daughter’s , two of younger son’s), neither of us can maintain the polished perfection we once aspired to.
They’ve all visited for lunch today and my kitchen still looks post-apocalyptic, so I really am a bit slutty right now! smile

Scribbles Fri 11-Jan-19 16:44:35

I've used mine over several decades in several places and I'm comfortable with it so why change anything? The name relates to both work and personal activity.

Twin2 Fri 11-Jan-19 16:42:26

I am the 2nd twin by 20 minutes.

Jaxie Fri 11-Jan-19 16:34:05

A friend of my daughter always referred to me as " Jaxie (my name is Jacqueline). Someone told me that Jaxie meant ars-h-le. Being into self examination and with a guilt complex I replied," But I am an arseh-le!" Now I'm stuck with it. Not very flattering.

Barmeyoldbat Fri 11-Jan-19 16:27:50

My friends husband always use to refer to me, light heartily, as Barmey Old Bat when I got things wrong and I called him a stupid old codger. Then my gc started saying it when they were older instead of silly old nan.

hopeful1 Fri 11-Jan-19 16:26:31

I think mine is self explanatory! There's a lot of hope going on in my life.

minxie Fri 11-Jan-19 16:19:44

Minxie is my nickname given to me when I first met him indoors. The official title is The Minx as I’m abit of minx apparently. In the early days this was the only name his friends knew and it’s stuck

VIOLETTE Fri 11-Jan-19 16:09:49

Like the violet I wish I was shrinking ...