Gransnet forums

Chat

Thank goodness for proof reading

(36 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 13-Jan-19 17:33:12

I just printed out an address label to go to a lady in Greece
Thankfully I read it before sticking it on the parcel my iPad had renamed the lady ...Quasimodo Safari
Have you ever had any computer oops ?

BradfordLass72 Mon 14-Jan-19 21:18:43

Greengran78 I take it this was a pun?

"I have little faith in a Company that can't spot it's own mistakes." its?

ecci53 Mon 14-Jan-19 21:38:02

My friend texted me a question. I intended to reply with okey dokey, but it got changed to hello donkey and I sent it without noticing. Friend was rather puzzled.

Samiejb Mon 14-Jan-19 22:02:03

I sent the reply to a text and then read it - I had said oink - should have been ok

GreenGran78 Mon 14-Jan-19 23:02:06

BradfordLass72 You win the prize. it took about 1 1/2 hours for someone to spot it!

Momilsom Tue 15-Jan-19 16:04:17

I once found that in a letter to my solicitor I’d put Dreary Brian instead of “Dear”! Luckily I noticed it

lovebeigecardigans1955 Tue 15-Jan-19 17:09:51

Before computers a colleague typed out an envelope for the Penny Farthing Company but missed out the 'h' which I spotted before it went out.
I asked her how fussy she had to be about envelopes as most of them are barely looked at and discarded? I showed it to her, she laughed and then made me (very young and shy) take it round everyone in the office to share the joke. How we laughed.

Grannyguitar Wed 16-Jan-19 14:21:56

I used to live in a village which my computer changed to 'Fornicate ...' every time I typed its name. I could have told the computer, but it always made me laugh so I left it. The way some of my neighbours behaved, it was quite appropriate!

Borrheid55 Thu 14-Jan-21 16:45:25

GabriellaG54 how did you go about finding clients? I trained people in Business Writing skills for 25 years. I’d love to proofread now I’m retired.

Grandmabatty Thu 14-Jan-21 17:08:42

Pogs slightly deviating from the thread but I used to teach a poem called 'Lament for a lost Dinner Ticket' and asked the class what they could tell me about the narrator of the poem. One wee boy confidently told me the narrator was a boy. When I asked how he knew he said,"because his willie is sticking out." The actual line was 'and just their wee wellies sticking oot.' He would not be told otherwise! I hate to think what he told his parents.

ixion Thu 14-Jan-21 17:32:06

Courtesy of my phone -
Maisie ouija for mais oui
Culture-attempt failure!