Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(65 Posts)
NanKate Thu 17-Jan-19 06:56:10

Morning All.

harrigran Thu 17-Jan-19 08:47:17

Good morning, cold and very windy again in the NE.
Need to go shopping for basics.
Hope Mick is okay and it is just his computer playing up.

ninathenana Thu 17-Jan-19 08:48:58

Morning everyone.

I had a lie in this morning, just having my first cuppa and waiting for DH to cook breckie.
A bit of housework and some admin. to do today.
Have a good day everyone. I hope all is well with Mick

oldgaijin Thu 17-Jan-19 08:54:41

Good morning all from a snowy Aberdeenshire. What strange weather...we had huge hailstones, thunder and lightning through the night and this morning a covering of snow. No doubt the Cockbridge to Tomintoul road will be closed.
Nothing planned for today so shall shut myself in the sewing room with coffee, heater and music and crack on with unfinished projects.
Still no Mick? I'm sure he would have said if he was going away.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 17-Jan-19 09:00:52

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope my younger granddaughter is calling today, haven’t seen anyone for over two weeks so looking forward to chatting and laughter.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Susan56 Thu 17-Jan-19 09:12:15

Good morning everyone.Cold but bright in North Shropshire.Sorting out the car insurance renewal today.No granddaughter today as they are on holiday for the week but looking forward to seeing my younger daughter and baby grandson tomorrow if the snow stays away.We haven’t seen them since Christmas as she has gone back to work after maternity leave and they live too far away to just pop in.

grannydee123 Thu 17-Jan-19 09:14:27

Good morning all from northern ireland. I got a surprise this morning when I pulled back the curtains to see a winter wonderlan. ]?. Looks lovely but I hope this is all we get. Safe driving everyone.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 17-Jan-19 09:27:50

Covering of snow here too in the North. Beautiful pink sunrise. Lots of birds at the feeders. We only fill the feeders when there is a shortage of natural food. Take care all.

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Jan-19 09:33:49

Good morning.
It's a lovely bright, sunny morning, but cold.
Watching the birds feeding from the feeders, doing their usual squabbling - especially the starlings! It looks as if I might need to top the feeders up later, the way they are going at them.
Yes, it is strange without Mick starting us off, and like you, I hope he is ok.
Have a good day, everyone.

NfkDumpling Thu 17-Jan-19 09:39:18

Morning All

Bright, a bit breezy and decidedly chilly here in the north of Norfolk. There’s not much between us and the Artic ice sheet when the north wind blows!

I too wondered if GN Admin could try to contact Mick to see if all is well.

EllanVannin Thu 17-Jan-19 10:00:43

Good morning All x
Bright sunny day cold wind but a fab wash day.

Wouldn't have thought Mick's comp. would be out of action this long but we can't look on the bleak side re. any other problem. Hope things are okay with him all the same.

Had a bit of a lie-in to make up for yesterdays non-sleep so feel re-charged and might eat a bit more today. Appetite can be a bit hit and miss of late.

Hope all remains well with everyone.

Lynne59 Thu 17-Jan-19 10:04:23

Hello all, it's very cold and frosty in Nottingham, but the sun is shining. We had a light dusting of snow in the night. Him Indoors went off to Devon at 5.30, to attend his uncle's funeral. I'm here, with Laryngitis, but may meet a friend later for coffee. Zumba tonight.

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Jan-19 10:14:50

Good morning all! We have had a dusting of snow in Leicester but now it is a stunning day. About to do some baking for a big trip to Centreparcs at the weekend then working this afternoon. Have a good day everyone.

GrannyIris5 Thu 17-Jan-19 10:19:43

Morning all - snow earlier now sunshine, can only be England

MawBroon Thu 17-Jan-19 10:38:46

Message deleted at users request for privacy reasons.

Brunette10 Thu 17-Jan-19 10:41:36

I have often thought of a scenario such as we have with Mick at the moment. As you say don't want to be 'snoopy' but everyone does seem to be concerned and quite rightly so given that we all do care. It is a tricky one. I just hope he is alright.

MawBroon Thu 17-Jan-19 10:50:44

Right!
MissMarpleBroon has tracked him down, spoken to the manager and it is his computer. I left a message that his GN friends were concerned about him and that we were glad he is well even if his computer isn’t!
I have also offered to post a message on his behalf if he rings me.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jan-19 11:01:12

Well done Maw GN at its best. smile

Susan56 Thu 17-Jan-19 11:03:55

Well done Maw??‍♀️Such a relief to know Mick is ok.

NemosMum Thu 17-Jan-19 11:10:32

Good Morning! It's been snowing here in Newcastle upon Tyne for the past hour, but now the sun has come out. Pretty though the snow is, I hope it melts quickly or A&E will be overcrowded with fractures.

DoraMarr Thu 17-Jan-19 11:10:41

smile well done Sherlock Broon!

ninathenana Thu 17-Jan-19 11:33:08

That's a relief Maw thanks for taking the time to do that.

Greyduster Thu 17-Jan-19 11:42:03

Good on yer, Maw, well done! Good to know he’s ok.

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Jan-19 11:50:51

Thank you, Maw.
A good bit of detective work there! smile.
A relief to hear its his computer at fault and that he is ok.

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Jan-19 11:59:11

Just a thought, Maw, and I certainly don't mean this unkindly, but if, in your tracking Mick down, it is the place you mentioned in your post of 10:38:46, it might be an idea to ask for that post to be withdrawn now, as these threads are widely read, and he might not want his location to be there for all to see. I might be worrying unnecessarily, of course, and I think what you have managed to do do is great, so again, thank you. smile

Brunette10 Thu 17-Jan-19 12:02:52

Well done and I'm sure all his GN friends will be very glad to hear that goods news. Nothing wrong with being a little bit 'snoopy' smile wink