Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(64 Posts)
NanKate Thu 17-Jan-19 06:56:10

Morning All.

kittylester Thu 17-Jan-19 07:01:07

Morning kate. This is very odd isn't it.

It's cold and dark in North Leicestershire and we had rain overnight.

Busy day in the Lester household. DH has a hospital appointment, our cleaners are coming and an electrician to put in some more sockets.

And, I have to fit in Sainsbury and the butchers.

I think I'd better get up!

NanKate Thu 17-Jan-19 07:01:13

Good morning Folks.

Still another day without our Mick ?

Very cold and dark in South Bucks.

Visiting a friend today with a card and some flowers for her 60th Wedding Anniversary. She has terminal cancer and said last year how much she wanted to reach today to celebrate with her DH. Well she has made it and I am so pleased for her.

Clearing clutter today, I hope I actually do something, I am a bit of a procrastinator.

NanKate Thu 17-Jan-19 07:02:03

Morning Kitty.

BradfordLass72 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:05:50

Morning Nan Kate. It's evening here actually but I hope you have a great day.

It's been a quiet one for me - spent a lot of time on Gransnet.
Also read a few pages of the course on Humanism which one of the members here recommended.
I love MOOC courses and have taken quite a few.

I'm now off to lie in my hot bed (front door and windows wide open due to the heat) and listen to a Western audio book: 'Death marks time in Trampas' {smile]
Night-night Nan thanks

Beechnut Thu 17-Jan-19 07:09:16

Good Morning Kitty and NanKate and all

It looks cold outside and the cars are frosty.
Going out this morning to do some errands then u3a this afternoon.

The inside of the fridge is looking a tad sad so will do something about that Tomorrow. ??

dragonfly46 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:12:26

Good morning all. Still dark here in Leicestershire.

Going for walk with friends this morning.
Man coming to unblock downstairs loo this afternoon! Enough said!

cornergran Thu 17-Jan-19 07:16:01

Morning All from a clear, icy corner of Somerset. Flipping cold. Off out today, some relaxing and less relaxing shopping then a quick visit to Littlest and family, haven’t seen them since Christmas. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

ScotinOz Thu 17-Jan-19 07:20:06

Good evening from an extremely hot Sydney. Temperatures reached 40 degrees today....even the rails (railway) have started buckling in the heat!!

Haven't left the air conditioning all day!!

Would love some cold weather....the sooner the better lol!

Take care everyone

NannyJan53 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:22:09

Good morning everyone, from a cold and frosty Black country. Clear skies at the moment.

Sorted out alterations to Mums Will yesterday, and POA, so she is happy.

I am meeting friends for lunch in Birmingham today, may have a mooch round the shops after smile

I sincerely hope Mick is ok.

Wishing you all a good Thursday.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jan-19 07:30:23

Good morning all, from a very chilly and frosty Glasgow.
Thanks, Kate for starting the thread. It's quite worrying about Mick.

I'm off out early for a hospital appointment at the hand clinic. I'm not holding out much hope after four years of attending. sad. I've had a very bad night pain wise and as a result I'm extremely grumpy. ?It's probably best to steer clear of me this morning! grin
To add insult to injury, my tablet fell out of my useless hand and landed on my foot!!! ? I'm literally hopping mad! smile
As long as we get out of the hospital in time, we shall treat ourselves and go for lunch in town. It's one of those clinics, which always runs hours late, so there is no point in booking anything, we shall go with the flow.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Grammaretto Thu 17-Jan-19 07:37:53

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I'll be driving into the snowy north today and hope to arrive before dark. Dusk is about 4pm here.
Sending good wishes to Mick . I fear it is more serious than computer problems.

Brunette10 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:39:49

Morning everyone from a very cold Fife, to be expected though. Very worrying about Mick, I do hope everything is alright. Mary hope you get some results at the clinic this morning, enjoy lunch. Off to hairdresser then have joiner in the afternoon to fit to new doors. I hope everyone has a good day, for those under the weather look after yourself. Hoping to hear form Mick soon.

1inamillion Thu 17-Jan-19 07:40:09

Morning to all. Getting light here in in South Wales, no frost but cold 4 degrees. Did some much needed food shopping yesterday, it's a fast day for me today so going to make some soup for later and a casserole for tomorrow. Strangely I don't feel hungry when I'm cooking.
Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Thu 17-Jan-19 07:40:49

Good morning from a bright, clear Birmingham. There is a beautiful golden glow in the eastern sky. Worrying that Micheal is still silent.
Hospital this morning, then no plans for this afternoon, but if the weather is fine I might have a walk around Winterbourne on my way back from the hospital.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:44:46

Good morning all x

Good morning Anniebach xx

Looks grey and cold outside in SE Essex.

A pottering round sort of day, will wander down to local shops.

I do hope Mick is ok.

Have a peaceful Thursday.

1inamillion Thu 17-Jan-19 07:48:10

Hope all goes well for you Marydoll. I too didn't sleep well due to arthritis in my foot. Should have had an op on it yesterday but hospital cancelled as the surgeon is ill.
Enjoy your lunch, love Glasgow, very friendly people.

Willow10 Thu 17-Jan-19 07:55:47

Good morning all from a damp, chilly East Northants. I do wish we knew what was happening with Mick. Bit of shopping for me today, then I really must sort my outfit for a Golden Wedding anniversary party on Saturday. Keep warm everyone!

BlueSapphire Thu 17-Jan-19 07:57:53

Good morning all. Looks like we have had a bit of snow here in Northampton.
Good night out yesterday with DD at our wine club. We were tasting Shiraz, which went down very well.
Nothing planned for today, so will catch up on some tv and reading.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

aggie Thu 17-Jan-19 08:07:31

Good Morning all ,cold , dark and dry here . I am sneezing and wheezing , another cold starting . Hope Mick contacts us soon

Pittcity Thu 17-Jan-19 08:11:31

Good morning from a cold, damp Colchester.
This thread has a weird feel with all the worry about Mick
Opticians today to choose new specs.

angelic Thu 17-Jan-19 08:14:18

Morning all from a dull cold Hampshire.
House bits to do this am and hopefully get to doing my patchwork quilt, this pm.
Take care all and have a good Thursday

Greyduster Thu 17-Jan-19 08:21:42

Good morning, NanKate, Kitty and all GNs. We had a flurry of snow in the night, but it is clear and very cold in South Yorkshire this morning. DH’s back is still keeping him from moving very much so it looks as if I shall be doing the school run this afternoon. Now, let me see! How do you drive a car again? ? Have a good day, folks.

Rufus2 Thu 17-Jan-19 08:33:12

Good Evening; Another warm day in Paradise; 35C after o/n min. 22C Don't know why you are complaining, ScotinOz! Get down to Tooronga Park and enjoy the dolphins playing with their ice-cubes; Jump in with them if you feel too hot. grin
Marydoll; Sorry to hear of your troubles; hasn't been your week I suppose. Get better soon and resume jousting! grin

Gagagran Thu 17-Jan-19 08:35:14

Morning all! Just back from our usual weekly supermarket trip and had breakfast.

I wonder if Mick could be contacted by GNHQ as we are all so concerned for him? It could be he is off on another of his trips and couldn't tell us with no computer working. Just a thought!

I did my wardrobe cull yesterday and dropped in a big bag at the charity shop - mainly jumpers so hopefully will be a good source of funds for them.

Good luck with the taxi job Grey - hope the snow keeps away for you!

Bits and bobs day for me today. Something always crops up.

Have a good day everyone. sunshine