Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(43 Posts)
NanKate Mon 21-Jan-19 06:52:15

Hi folks.

EllanVannin Mon 21-Jan-19 08:45:27

Good morning All x
Too misty/foggy to see anything first thing let alone an eclipse. Pretty cold but signs of brightening up.
Nothing on the agenda so far but doubt I'll be venturing out as the cold makes me feel quite unwell these days so some serious clothes-sorting must be started. I usually fill six bags at a time, how, I don't know.

Keep warm everyone.

oldgaijin Mon 21-Jan-19 08:46:14

Good morning all from a very frosty Aberdeenshire...about -4 I think. I saw the sky darken last night but was too warm and cosy to heave the frame out of bed and have a look at the moon.
I have chap coming today to quote for a new fence...the garden has to be dog proof before the mutt comes to stay. He's a digger!
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 21-Jan-19 08:50:57

Good Morning from a cold but frost free Black Country.

Off to U3A canal group meeting this morning, then coffee afterwards.

Back this afternoon to tackle the ironing!

NFK we had Karndean fitted in our hallway/dining area 4 hours ago, and it is certainly much easier to manage and keep clean, than the beige carpet inherited when we moved in.

Have a good day everyone.

harrigran Mon 21-Jan-19 09:08:17

Good morning, the sun is shining and it is alovely winter day.
I had a poor night and didn't look for the moon.
DS has an observatory and he was going to set up the telescope and camera to track the eclipse, hopefully he will have caught it.

Gaggi3 Mon 21-Jan-19 09:13:01

Good Morning , everyone. Good wishes to all who are ill or in pain.
Very cold and frosty in the S.E. and mist has descended since I got up.
Inspired by posters to do a wardrobe cull, but it will need to be very carefully considered, as DDs and I have agreed to buy no clothes this year. We are allowed to swap items with each other (which we do anyway) and to buy undies. Only three weeks in, it's going to be a long haul.

Nannytopsy Mon 21-Jan-19 09:43:26

Morning all! I did get up to see the moon but it was cloudy here in Leicester. Just having a coffee in bed before I get started. I have been asked to make chutney for a wedding in April so that is a priority today, so that it can mature.

Greyduster Mon 21-Jan-19 09:48:17

I thought about looking at the moon, but it was too cold to get out of bed! However, here is one I made earlier, as they say.......

Auntieflo Mon 21-Jan-19 09:50:03

Morning Kate, Annie and all. Middling sort of day here, trees are still, so no wind? It’s chilly, but not too bad. DH says he needs a haircut, I wanted a day out mooching, but not sure really as there is nothing I need, and I have had a mini clear out from the wardrobes. (Smug emoticon)
Dragonfly, hope you are soon feeling better, and to all with health worries, best wishes.
Oh, and hurry back Michael

Anniebach Mon 21-Jan-19 09:51:20

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

Kim19 Mon 21-Jan-19 11:17:34

Morning all! Geek that I am, I got up a few times to seek out the eclipse and orange moon. Could see the former but only through a veil of cloud. Very beautiful orange sunrise so that was a compensation of sorts. Did wonder if the strong orange was assisted by the moon. Yep, I'm that ignorant but a sense of fun helps me along.

poshpink Mon 21-Jan-19 11:35:09

Good Morning - Freezing here in Cumbria at least minus 1 and its nearly lunch time - Brrrr. Still been for a 1 mile swim and meeting friends for lunch.
Do something nice and be good to yourselves today

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 21-Jan-19 12:17:33

Very late good morning and now trying to do this on a bumpy bus to tennis. Lovely and bright in this bit of London; often find the bubble we play in is colder than outside. School pick up later and childminding til half 8

angelic Mon 21-Jan-19 13:06:40

Late coming on today, as I had to get up and out for an early appointment.
I have had Karndean flooring over 25 years now in my kitchen/diner and it is still looking good.
Take care all

harrigran Mon 21-Jan-19 18:37:50

Photograph of the total eclipse taken this morning by DS.

Greyduster Mon 21-Jan-19 19:56:49

Harri that’s a cracker! I wish I had seen it.

Rufus2 Tue 22-Jan-19 04:55:28

Good to see you back here Rufus
Nan; I haven't been anywhere! or have I, without my knowledge? confused

Rufus2 Tue 22-Jan-19 07:18:07

under Kate's soft exterior is a heart of steel! grin
Marydoll; No way! Nan's my regular dancing partner and has a heart of pure 22ct. gold; (that should be worth a pardon from doing those lines!) wink