Gransnet forums

Chat

What’s your ‘ anxiety dream’?

(105 Posts)
Daddima Mon 21-Jan-19 14:17:06

Because of many years of amateur drama, in mine I’m going onstage, but have had no rehearsal, so don’t know what to do. Sometimes it’s time for me to go on, but I can’t find the way to the stage!

Jane10 Wed 23-Jan-19 06:58:03

I search fruitlessly for a toilet too but all the many cubicles only contain chairs!
Recently I've been have anxiety dreams that are resolved eg I lose my handbag, am searching for it with heart thumping - then I find it with all contents present and correct. I think it's my psyche trying to tell me to worry less.

Esther1 Wed 23-Jan-19 07:20:57

How interesting it is to read that so many people, like myself, have both the Can’t Find the Toilet dream and Getting Lost dream. I dream I am looking for my car in a multi storey car park, and also going to use a public toilet and finding them filthy and overflowing, and I desperately go from cubicle to cubicle trying to find a decent one. I am shaking when I wake up from these dreams so to put closure on them I finish them off satisfactorily in my mind, I imagine myself finding the car and a clean toilet. Then I can go back to sleep (after a trip to the bathroom obviously- Ha Ha).

BradfordLass72 Wed 23-Jan-19 08:03:48

Just to be awkward I've never had a toilet dream.
My two, recurring regularly now for well over 50 years, seem to be slightly prophetic.

1. I'm trying to ring the emergency services, though I never know why. Almost every thing prevents me: broken phone, no answer, no one understanding me, not being able to find a phone etc.
Some years ago, assuming this meant I was subconsciously needing help I started looking at what was happening in my real life but there wasn't much wrong.
During the times when things really did go to custard, I never had the dream!
But twice in my real life I have actually needed to dial 999 (found collapsed persons) and each time the ambulance never arrived.

The second dream has always involved trying to drive and getting the sun or a bright light in my eyes so I had no choice but to close them...whilst still driving.
Now I am partially sighted, can't drive and must stay out of the sun as brightness takes away what little sight I still have.
Fascinating stuff.

Witzend Wed 23-Jan-19 11:28:48

Several times I've also had one about a baby I've somehow forgotten I had, and I've got nothing to feed it with.

Not related, I'm sure, to the time when dd1 was only about 8 days old and I'd gone shopping with my mother, arranging to meet her later outside X shop.

I duly rolled up, to find my mother looking aghast. 'Where the baby???'

I'd left her in her pram in Boots, having completely forgotten that I had her!

Dd still finds this hilarious! (Poor old Mum was off her rocker even then.)

(Luckily she was still there where I'd left her, nobody had twigged.).