Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(82 Posts)
NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 06:53:51

Hello folks.

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 20:42:16

Yeah right Rufus and the rest of it?

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 20:41:19

I think there are only a couple of people doing any hounding Annaram1 and you are one of them.
What is your problem?
My Mac was in the Apple shop for a week before Christmas getting a new hard drive so why the aggro?

NfkDumpling Wed 23-Jan-19 20:05:42

Last time I had a 'computer issue' and I took it into the local computer shop it took two weeks to sort it out. Perhaps Mick is like me and doesn't do things by half. If I'm going to b****r my 'puter, I make sure I b****r it well and truly. It's starting to play up again so is under threat. I'm bracing myself for another long absence.

Annaram1 Wed 23-Jan-19 18:09:02

Now I await the shouty brickbats. What fun!!!

Annaram1 Wed 23-Jan-19 18:07:48

This particular thread does not start with anything much about Mick. If there was an earlier one are we expected to go back to the year dot to read it?
The man Mick says he has computer issues. I am an old lady with an old computer which goes wrong occasionally I just get the local computer man to come around and he fixes it. He charges £50 and it is fine.
Perhaps its an excuse. Poor Mick is possibly being hounded by a lot of old Grans because he is one of the only men here.

kittylester Wed 23-Jan-19 14:16:15

I was shouting Rufus and emphasising.

Rufus2 Wed 23-Jan-19 13:10:07

Whose” what Rufus ( who’s)
Maw; Sorry teacher! My deliberate mistake to make sure I'm being read! grin

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 12:20:11

“Whose” what Rufus ( who’s)
Don’t get shirty with Marydoll or * Kittylester* or attempt to teach grannies to suck eggs please!

Marydoll Wed 23-Jan-19 11:18:43

My apologies, I should have typed, I thought Kitty's capitals, on this occasion were to show emphasis.
By the way, there is no need to educate me on Internet etiquette, I taught it to both pupils and teachers!
Age is no excuse for being rude, Rufus.

Rufus2 Wed 23-Jan-19 11:09:11

understood that the CAPITALS were to indicate emphasis
Marydoll; pleeze! Anyone whose done an internet etiquette course knows that capitals are "Shouting" and always frowned on as being impolite. Emphasis is achieved by "bold": quite often a bit of thought is all that's required to avoid offence!
Here endeth the lesson. wink

kittylester Wed 23-Jan-19 10:38:03

My shouty capitals were to show my annoyance at people not reading the thread and persisting in being obtuse.

Marydoll Wed 23-Jan-19 10:24:24

I don't think Kitty is being discriminatory at all. I understood that the CAPITALS were to indicate emphasis, not imply that anyone is deaf.
Despite on numerous occasions, having explained that Mick has computer issues, some posters seem to be unable to accept that nothing sinister is going on. Maw has SPOKEN to Mick and he is fine.
This whole thing is becoming ridiculous!
I cannot for the life of me, understand why a few posters appear to be making, what is usually a very pleasant, gentle thread, into a most unpleasant one. ??

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 10:19:04

Maw; can't we put a merciful end to this saga ?
What saga is that Rufus?
Why should I go into any more detail - that is up to Mick when the problem is sorted.

MawBroon Wed 23-Jan-19 10:16:32

Sympathies kittylester you can hardly put it more plainly!
Rufus if a person is hard of hearing, do you drop your voice to a whisper?
Don’t criticise kityl then.

Rufus2 Wed 23-Jan-19 10:14:30

MICK HAS COMPUTER ISSUES
Kittylester; It doesn't behove a lady to SHOUT in public and in my opinion you are being discriminatory by implying I'm deaf, senile and unable to follow a thread. Somehow I don't think I fit into any of those defects! angry

kittylester Tue 22-Jan-19 19:36:50

grin Marydoll

Marydoll Tue 22-Jan-19 19:26:18

Part of the problem is, that some posters don't read all of a thread and this leads to misunderstandings and misapprehension, as they have missed half the story.
This must be the longest Good Morning" thread in recent years and I'm making it even lengthier by continuing to contribute. grin

NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 18:53:24

Well said Kitty. There is no conspiracy going on. Knowing Mick as we do, he will be back at the very first opportunity.

kittylester Tue 22-Jan-19 18:23:58

MICK HAS COMPUTER ISSUES.

MICK HAS COMPUTER ISSUES THEREFORE CANNOT ACCESS THE TECHIES ON GRANSNET!!!!

WE KNOW THIS BECAUSE MAW SPOKE TO HIM ON THE PHONE!

Annaram1 Tue 22-Jan-19 17:15:45

Perhaps Mick has just lost interest in us old Biddies.

NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 16:44:31

Absolutely Mary.

Marydoll Tue 22-Jan-19 16:37:56

I agree Nankate We are not a contentious lot on here and have no wish to offend anyone, but this seems to be going on unnecessarily. sad Time to let it go!

NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 16:32:04

Poor you Mary hugs all round.

NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 16:31:28

It isn’t a saga Rufus or Megs. I am not going to explain it again as I would just be repeating myself.

About 9 months ago someone else was equally as perplexed over the protocol of this thread. They rather sensibly started an alternative thread to this and many of us posted on both. After a while they stopped. There is nothing stopping you doing that and peace would return to this inoffensive thread. My comment is not meant in anyway to be awkward or irritating to you. We are a peaceful bunch here.

Mary do hope your DinL got the AA or RAC out. Also that your eyes are not itching too much or those of your DGD.

Marydoll Tue 22-Jan-19 16:18:06

I had to drive in it this morning with a bin lorry right beside me and another one behind?. I was terrified.