Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(81 Posts)
NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 06:53:51

Hello folks.

NanKate Tue 22-Jan-19 06:56:59

Oh dear poor Mick must still be offline. I do hope he reads the backlog of our Good Mornings to see he is missed.

Dark and cold in South Bucks, same old, same old.

Watching the tennis from Oz this morning and playing Rummykub this afternoon.

Wasn’t the blood red moon wonderful ?

kittylester Tue 22-Jan-19 07:10:42

Morning kate, morning all.

Come on mick it's not the same without you.

North Leicestershire had rain overnight but it is now cold and dry.

Pootling and faffing this morning and Alzheimer's Carers Course this afternoon for me.

Hoping people have recovered from Blue Monday.

Marydoll Tue 22-Jan-19 07:18:01

Goood morning Kate and Kitty from a cold Glasgow..

I held off posting, hoping Mick would be back.

We have an unexpected visitor this morning , DGD has conjunctivitis and can't go to nursery, which explains why I also have such sore eyes. Mum is an optician, so hopefully she will remember to bring drops for me.

I put a fruit loaf in the breadmaker over night and it is a complete disaster!! I've just realised I put SR instead of bread flour. Does anyone need a doorstop? grin

I'm off to the hairdresser, so papa will be in charge, they won't even miss me. They are as thick as thieves! grin

Enjoy your day, all

Nannytopsy Tue 22-Jan-19 07:27:03

Morning all! I see there is a bright moon this morning over Leicester. It was hidden by cloud at the critical point yesterday.
I have been asked to make chutney to accompany the cheeses at a wedding. I did it for DD and now one of her bridesmaids wants some. This morning will be spent peeling and chopping grin

Beechnut Tue 22-Jan-19 07:28:41

Good morning all.

I thought Mick might be back today....maybe tomorrow.

As I am up later than usual it is getting light so I can see it is cloudy, starry and frosty.
I think I’ll walk to swimming this morning as the car will need defrosting. Then back to do some homework and Finnish off my slow cooker meal.

Have a good day everyone ❄️

dragonfly46 Tue 22-Jan-19 07:29:14

Good Morning everyone. Physically feeling better this morning, not sure about mentally.

Really have to go shopping today and see Mum.

Now I have got my Fitbit to work again must go for walk.

1inamillion Tue 22-Jan-19 07:32:09

Cold here in South Wales, sky looks clear.
Hope to have a quiet day today, cleared the ironing yesterday, need some food shopping at some point though.

It's cold, think some porridge beckons.
Have a good day everyone.

DoraMarr Tue 22-Jan-19 07:33:49

Good morning everyone, from Birmingham, where there is a beautiful golden glow on the eastern horizon. it feels quite mild - my underfloor hating hasn't come on. Early hospital appointment, then I must do some Italian before our session this afternoon.
I enjoyed "The Favourite." My daughters and I all said we would have to read up on her monarchy to see what was true historical fact an what was the film maker's imagination!

TerriBull Tue 22-Jan-19 07:38:27

Good morning all, I didn't see the Blood Red Moon but do recall waking up to a pink streaked sky yesterday and the moon looks quite amazing this morning.

Not a lot planned trip to the gym [boring'] John Lewis are delivering some blinds and hanging them in our bedroom this morning. I gather it's cold so not sure whether I'll venture out on foot.

Have a good day all.

travelsafar Tue 22-Jan-19 07:41:37

Cold but dry here in Letchworth this morning.I am off to the eye clinic this morning for a check up on the floaters and my two cataracts. Really hoping thhat he says they are ready to be done. Dreading the journey as its during the rush hour. I have used our local community transport service to take me as can't drive back once drops put in my eyes before they examine. Where we would be with out the wonderful people who volunteer their services. They do charge but it is so worth it as public transport very unreliable especially if it involves a train journey.

silverlining48 Tue 22-Jan-19 07:44:07

Good morning all. It looks a bit grey over the sea here on the South coast but we have had sun both days. Will be packing up and coming home this morning but it’s been nice to be beside the seaside.
Wishing everyone a good day today whatever you do and wherever you are. Be safe.

cornergran Tue 22-Jan-19 07:45:15

Morning Al from a dry, chilly corner of Somerset. Admin planned today, that’s if I wake up properly, bit bleary eyed after a later than expected Granny detail yesterday. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

BlueSapphire Tue 22-Jan-19 07:47:28

Good morning all from a cold and frosty Northampton. An amazing moon this morning, pity it wasn't like it yesterday!
New passport arrived yesterday, that's 9 days since I went on line and did it, so I am now legal to travel!
Social club this morning and then I had better do my on line Sainsbury's order this afternoon.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

Brunette10 Tue 22-Jan-19 07:48:06

Good morning all, it's frosty and very cold here in Fife. Oh dear Marydoll not so good about your fruit loaf wink. Going to have a day in Dundee today not been for ages. Hope everyone is ok, enjoy your day.

Greyduster Tue 22-Jan-19 08:02:08

Good morning, all GNs. Still no Mick☹️? He must be thoroughly cheesed off with now being on line yet. It has been raining overnight in South Yorkshire and there are mutterings about snow. It is my DD’s birthday today and she has a job interview so I have everything crossed for her. DH’s back is cooking nicely but he’s admitted he is trying to hard to do stuff. So today, there will be no stuff. I am making Anzac biscuits. He can sit and eat them! Have a good day folks.

Rufus2 Tue 22-Jan-19 08:03:37

Good Evening All Sickies; Lovely day today! About 19 C o/nite min and top about 28 C. Thurs. forecast 41 C after 24C min so tennis will be a cauldron.

Gagagran Tue 22-Jan-19 08:04:11

Morning all.

It's not quite as cold and not frosty here on our bit of the south coast.

I am feeling grim with a sore throat and gruff voice and a head stuffed with cotton wool. It will be a quiet day in store here.

Take care everyone.

Willow10 Tue 22-Jan-19 08:17:12

Good morning all. Some rain in the night but it looks dry and bright with a pink streaked sky. Picking up granddaughter and her little son today, but haven't decided where we will go yet. Maybe to the Swedish place for a browse. Have a peaceful day everyone.

Rufus2 Tue 22-Jan-19 08:18:42

Dora; stai insegnando italiano o imparando?

Grammaretto Tue 22-Jan-19 08:20:36

What still no Mick? I'm surprised some techie GNer hasn't sorted windows 10 for him yet.
DH's cough is a bit better today so we slept.

Brighter too here in the Scottish Borders.
If you get a chance Brunette visit the new V&A museum in Dundee and report back. When I went it was too mobbed to get a proper look.

NannyJan53 Tue 22-Jan-19 08:30:35

Good Morning from a very icy Black Country, had to de-ice car before taking Partner to train station this morning. Lovely clear sky though, with a bright Moon.

Off to the gym shortly, then who knows! The time is mine to spend today, as no firm plans

Hope it goes well for all of you with appointments/treatments today.

Auntieflo Tue 22-Jan-19 08:39:01

Morning NanKate, Annie and all. Mick is missed, and hope he can come back soon, but NanKate is doing a sterling job first thing in the mornings.
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Dragonfly46.
I did go mooching yesterday and although I needed nothing I ended up buying a pair of pixie boots, a pair of loafers and a cardigan. Oh dear.
Off volunteering this afternoon
Enjoy your day one and all.

eilyann Tue 22-Jan-19 08:39:04

Cold and snowing in E Cheshire. Looks pretty but.... Stay safe everyone.

oldgaijin Tue 22-Jan-19 08:49:01

Morning all from a damp Aberdeenshire, at least the sky is clear'ish. Have a charity fund raiser meeting this morning then I'll pop in to the local cancer support centre for a chat and may be a cup of coffee. They are lovely ladies who give lots of nice therapies. Think I'll book a reflexology session as it is very relaxing. Am getting a bit angsty about the family moving to Singapore for three years...Shall I see them again?