Gransnet forums

Chat

Cordless bagged handstick vacuum

(40 Posts)
Lisagran Tue 22-Jan-19 22:16:59

Does anyone have the G Tech bagged cordless vacuum? Thinking of getting one, so interested in any comments re effectiveness or otherwise? Thanks

formaq Thu 24-Jan-19 13:37:56

After having had Dysons for years I recently acquired a GTECH which I find far superior. We have two long haired dogs and the GTECH copes with their shed hair really well. I have mobility and strength issues but the GTECH is light enough for me to use easily. It is also very manoeuvrable, and quick to re-charge. I will never revert to a Dyson (which in my opinion are very over-priced) or a corded vacuum.

llizzie2 Thu 24-Jan-19 14:48:42

Lisagran: I am a member of Which? and can get information if you like.

It used to be possible to go into their site and pay £1 if you are not a member. It entitled you to look up one thing at a time. I do not know if that still exists. I pay a monthly subscription. I can look up the cost on my statements if you like. It is very good value as far as magazines go. They can be very expensive and not all that interesting so the Which? subscription is the only magazine I take now.

Shez1955 Thu 24-Jan-19 16:14:47

I purchased a refurbished Dyson cordless nearly a year ago. Works fine and easy to empty frequently, dust goes straight into the bin. About £100 less than a new one.

Farrsan2003 Thu 24-Jan-19 16:17:40

When you say bagged do you mean the container? I have the G-Tech AirRam K9 upright and handheld. designed for those with pets. Absolutely love it. A pleasure to just take them out of the cupboard and go.

Farrsan2003 Thu 24-Jan-19 16:20:38

Just re-read some of the reviews and it appears G-Tech make a bagged variety as well. So I’m not a lot of help.

sarahellenwhitney Thu 24-Jan-19 16:38:29

Midgey.If you don't mind me asking what model Vax has your daughter as I am thinking buying one to leave upstairs saving me the trouble of having to carry my corded vacuum( which is a real treasure) up a flight of stairs to carpeted bedrooms and a bathrooms tiled floor.

harrysgran Thu 24-Jan-19 18:04:15

I have a cordless Gtech I would recommend if you have hardwood. and carpet very light to use only drawback is emptying can be fiddly

Bathsheba Thu 24-Jan-19 19:12:38

Oh I don't think I could go back to having bags in my vacuum again. So annoying when you find you've run out, and then there's the continual cost of them. I'm happy with my GTech bagless one - yes, you do have to be careful when emptying it but I can honestly say I have never been covered in dust while doing it!

Foxyloxy Thu 24-Jan-19 20:00:00

I don’t have a GTech, but a dyson. I was in two minds, and very unsure, but decided on the V10. Now confession time, I rarely do the vacuuming. My husband usually does it for me. But the occasional time I have used it, I am happy with it.

Felix2007 Thu 24-Jan-19 20:14:38

We have a shark with 2 batteries. It’s very good but the one thing I don’t like is you have to stand it up against something, it won’t stand on it’s iwn. But you can use the top part on its own which is great for vacuuming the car.

shirleyhick Thu 24-Jan-19 20:21:06

I have a Vax cordless and love it. It has a super boost which is great for getting dog hairs up.

Lisagran Thu 24-Jan-19 21:14:19

Thanks for all your comments - purchase has been delayed for this month, following a huge car MOT bill shock

Gonegirl Thu 24-Jan-19 21:39:49

Sigh! I wanted to know what you thought of it. ? (Although I doubt if I can get yet another cleaning machine past DH just yet)

Lisagran Thu 24-Jan-19 21:47:39

Sorry Gonegirl smile. Next month...........