Gransnet forums

Chat

Confessions of a serial killer - Piers Morgan

(12 Posts)
seacliff Thu 07-Feb-19 21:14:31

I see this is on now. I just would never want to watch a man like that, I wouldn't like to think he got a kick out of telling what went on. It seems to me wrong to make such a programme. I saw a brief excerpt the other day, and he admits what he did. Just seems wrong to watch it.

aggie Thu 07-Feb-19 21:44:13

Voyarism

EllanVannin Fri 08-Feb-19 12:19:27

I won't watch anything like that. Where's the entertainment ? Where's the pleasure ? Obviously no death penalty in that particular State !
There are enough rotten things going on on a daily basis without watching it as well. Like another street killing in Liverpool because of the lack of a deterrent in this country.

Mycatisahacker Sun 10-Feb-19 14:25:56

Totally agree why give evil a platform
Go gloat.

MissAdventure Sun 10-Feb-19 14:30:49

I watched it, or possibly another episode of the same programme on YouTube, and found it fascinating.
I've always enjoyed finding out about the darker side of life/people.

M0nica Sun 10-Feb-19 15:01:15

I think that with these types of criminals, publicity is oxygen to them. It gives them a sense of importance and the feel that they are something special. That alone is the reason for them taking part and that is why it should never happen

I am with others, it is voyeurism.

Mycatisahacker Sun 10-Feb-19 15:57:51

Makes my flesh crawl to see all the interviews about Ted Bundy too. Rather hear about the poor women he killed. These men are self absorbed arrogant psychopaths who lap up the notoriety. Let them rot quietly I say. I have no interest in such scum.

Grannyparkrun Sun 10-Feb-19 16:53:08

'^^ I just would never want to watch a man like that, I wouldn't like to think he got a kick out of telling what went on.'
Does this apply to Piers Morgan too?!

52bright Sun 10-Feb-19 16:58:29

I haven't watched it. Why should a man like that get extra attention in the prison...the idea that he's somehow important and can make prime time tv on British television?
Also why should broadcasting these gruesome crimes be a way fr Piers Morgan to make money!

petra Sun 10-Feb-19 17:11:23

MissAdventure
I'm with you. I've always been fascinated by the dark side of human nature.

lemongrove Sun 10-Feb-19 17:30:05

Never heard of this programme but thought from the title of the thread that it was a revelation that Morgan was a serial killer, it needs rewording!

BlueBelle Sun 10-Feb-19 17:47:44

missadventure and Petra I haven’t seen this particular programme and can’t stand piers Morgan but I find the psychology behind such programmes really interesting I think it’s important to know how, and why brains work Ths is not glorifying murder or murderers it’s learning about the mindset that these people have what goes on in some people that’s causes them to be devoid of empathy and conscience Are people born with something missing or is it their background nature/nurture or maybe both the wrong person in the wrong situation
I watched the Fred and Rosemary West documentary just imagine if they d never met all those poor woman may not have lost their lives