Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(41 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Feb-19 06:18:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , windy but its dry here in brackley at present.
Went into Banbury yesterday , had a few beers ,and something to eat in a pub I like, lunchtime meal was bubble & squeak, cold ham, fried egg, baked beans.
Mick

gma Sat 09-Feb-19 16:06:49

Beautiful late winter/early spring day here today. All the washing dried on the line today, first time for ages! What a treat!!!
DH busy repairing fence between us and neighbour, wind very strong last night, if he left it alone the panels would be gone in the morning! I have been busy preparing afternoon tea for tomorrow, our dear daughter was 50 Couple of days ago! Can I possibly be as old as that!!
At last the days seem to be pulling out!! Just saw a lovely quote from victor Hugo.........winter is on my head but eternal spring is in my heart.......I think that’s so true!

Mapleleaf Sat 09-Feb-19 15:35:42

Good afternoon, all.
I’m very late posting as I had to be out and about early this morning and didn’t have time to post. Anyway, back now, feet up and enjoying a coffee. grin
Like many of you, it was a very blustery night, and still like that this morning with rain and cold to boot. It seems to have calmed a bit now, and at the moment the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Still chilly, though.
Welcome back, * Nellie*!
Hope you are all enjoying a nice afternoon; and glad to hear, DoraMarr that you are enjoying your weekend away with your daughter and that you are resting. Take care.

1inamillion Sat 09-Feb-19 14:30:33

Good morning Mick and everyone.

Dreadful wind all night here on the exposed Bristol Channel coast and hail all morning.

NanKate Sat 09-Feb-19 14:12:24

Afternoon Mick and All.

Very late sign in. We looked after 6 and 8 year old grandsons last night so that DS could stay over at a friend’s home. Pretty good behaviour but they have so much energy. DS and DH just taken them to their own joint Birthday party at the Laser Zone in Brighton, 20 children in all. ?

I have been given an hour so so off, phew.

Sun shining so will take a stroll to the local vintage shop.

farview Sat 09-Feb-19 12:00:04

Welcome back Gettingitrightoneday ..hate this howling wind..felt like Dorothy from Wizard of Oz earlier when I took the dog out...good day wished to All

Gettingitrightoneday Sat 09-Feb-19 09:45:19

I am the former Nelliemoser. I have been on here since 2011 with a few recent hiccups .
Thank you GNHQ.

EllanVannin Sat 09-Feb-19 09:40:46

Good morning All x
What a wild night ! I was lying there listening to all the bumps and bangs and visualised the contents of everyone's bins strewn all over the place because the green bins have been left out unemptied for 2 weeks ! What that's been about I don't know.

Anyway it's sunny and bright now with just the odd gusts now and again so will attempt to hang some washing out-------in between the showers which are forecast. Other than that not a lot on the agenda.

Hoping all is well with everyone and no wind damage done ( I hate the gales )

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 09-Feb-19 09:20:04

Good morning; nice bright day in east London but still blowy. Wonder if that's why the bird feeder isn't being emptied. Looks like it will be a quiet day but will get out at some point if only to boost my steps; there's a limit as to how many times you can run up and down the stairs.

BlueSapphire Sat 09-Feb-19 09:18:07

Good morning. Sunny but still very windy in Northampton.

Should have been going to watch rugby ? at lunchtime but don't think it will do my cough and cold much good, so I have given my ticket away to a neighbour. A pity because it's a semi-final match, but it's on tv, so I shall sit and watch it in the warm.

Nothing else planned for the day except to watch more rugby, Six Nations on all afternoon.

Your lunch sounded good Mick!

DoraMarr Sat 09-Feb-19 09:17:17

Good morning from Thetford forest! Iam spending a long weekend at Centre Parcs with my eldest daughter, son in law and little grandson. They hav3 gone swimming, and I am having a very late breakfast looking out at the wildlife inthe forest.i’m not Sure I’ll be able to do anything very energetic as the dreaded post-RT fatigue has set in, but it’s nice to be in a different setting and spend time with them. We met my mother for lunch yesterday. She was on her way back from the politics group she chairs, looking very elegant ina scarlet cashmere sweater. She is 90.

Sallyann51 Sat 09-Feb-19 09:06:07

Hello everyone
Nice and sunny here in Surrey today after dreadful day weatherwise yesterday. Will spend the day getting ready for holiday as off tomorrow for just over two weeks. Looking forward to it.
Hope you all have a good day

annep1 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:59:58

Aggie well done to grandson. I would be proud too.

aggie Sat 09-Feb-19 08:55:32

Good morning All , I am shattered after a mostly sleepless night due to the howling gale . I am sure the house was shaking ! I know I was ! It is bright and calm now . Grandson is 12 this weekend , his big Brother has got a week end job washing dishes and dogsbody in the local pub , he has bought a birthday present with his forst wages , I am so proud of him

Anniebach Sat 09-Feb-19 08:55:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

harrigran Sat 09-Feb-19 08:52:18

Good morning from a very windy NE, I slept well because I wore ear plugs all night.
DH is going to collect a cistern for the guest bathroom which has been out of action since the second of January, plumber had tried to obtain one and didn't manage so we sourced it ourselves.
DIL's parents have been up north for a few days, I feel sorry as they have had torrential rain and gale force winds but they have been able to see GC which is a rare treat for them.

NannyJan53 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:41:42

Good morning from a very windy but bright Black Country.

Packing this morning for our couple of days away tomorrow at a Spa Hotel (our Christmas present to each other). I am off to Lichfield this afternoon so I can babysit tonight for DS and DIL.

Have a good weekend everyone, I will be back Wednesday morning smile

Nana3 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:40:26

Good morning all, raining and windy in Lancashire. A bit of shopping to do today that's all.
Have a good day everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Feb-19 08:30:55

Good morning everyone from a windy woo South Manchester. I’m in bed with a cuppa made by my husband who had to set his alarm as he has a dental hygienist appointment in half an hour.
No particular plans today which is lovely as it was full on playtime minding our 6y grandson yesterday ?

Brunette10 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:21:07

Good morning all. A very windy and wet Fife again today. Not much planned today because of weather but if it eases will get out for a walk. May do some batch cooking for freezer. Hope everyone’s plans go well today, have a good Saturday.

Harris27 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:18:48

God morning from blowy north east!!still nursing a cold think it's been there since the tree went up in December! Looking forward to not having to rush around and hopefully win lottery so don't have to work Monday!! Good day to all!

MawBroon Sat 09-Feb-19 08:12:08

Good morning everybody, it’s blustery but sunny here in N Bucks.
Heading up the M1 and 6 again today to go to Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake at the Hippodrome with DD and the GCSs! (My Christmas present from them.)
Tomorrow Mummy and Daddy have tickets for Twickenham so I am in charge - ????
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Greyduster Sat 09-Feb-19 08:00:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey, cold and blowing fit to bust here in South Yorkshire. We have to go out to pick up a present we bought for GS’s birthday, but I think that will be our only foray today. I have cake to bake and ice for Monday so that should keep me busy this weekend. Enjoy the ballet, Corner. Hang onto that bank card, Momb - Lakeland is my downfall! Have a good day folks.

Beechnut Sat 09-Feb-19 07:57:25

Good Morning all
Dry here but is going to be windy here. I will have to put a pot on top of the door mat ?

Food shop this morning then off to the library.

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing ?

annep1 Sat 09-Feb-19 07:57:02

Good morning all. Listening to Tony Blackburn. Very choppy sea yesterday on county Antrim coast near Belfast splashing on to the road with seaweed all over the quay walk.
Lovely to be seeing children/grandchildren. Enjoy!
I have a new coat to collect at Debenhams while hubby watches rugby.
Have a lovely weekend.?

Grammaretto Sat 09-Feb-19 07:56:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The wind has died down.
I bought a shrub for the garden yesterday and read that all it needs to flourish are sunshine, shelter, good drainage, good soil and not too cold.
I think this applies to all of us.
Have a good weekend everyone.