Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(40 Posts)
12Michael Sat 09-Feb-19 06:18:12

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , windy but its dry here in brackley at present.
Went into Banbury yesterday , had a few beers ,and something to eat in a pub I like, lunchtime meal was bubble & squeak, cold ham, fried egg, baked beans.
Mick

RosieLeah Sat 09-Feb-19 06:45:20

Good morning...got very little sleep last night, listening to the roar of the wind!

Nanabanana1 Sat 09-Feb-19 06:47:00

Good morning Michael and all to come, wet but quiet morning in Torbay. Having cup of tea in bed, my constant doggie companion at my side. Off to Grandsons 16th birthday today.
Hope everyone has a good day today.

ScotinOz Sat 09-Feb-19 06:49:55

Good evening Michael and all to follow from a very windy and warm Sydney.

Took the DGC to the pool this morning and had a lovely chat with my DD. Came home and had a lovely relaxing afternoon. Now watching the cricket with Mr SO.

Take care everyone.

cornergran Sat 09-Feb-19 06:52:12

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, wild, wet and windy corner of Somerset. Slept well enough but this weather doesn’t bode well for an elegant arrival at the theatre later. Not that I major in elegance, almost tidy would do. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Sat 09-Feb-19 07:20:29

Good Morning everyone. It's still windy but the rain has finally stopped here on the south coast. Hope it's not coming our way from your corner of Somerset corner!

Not much on the agenda so far today but am starting to feel less exhausted so maybe on the mend at last.

Hope the day is kind to us all.

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Feb-19 07:27:25

Good Morning from a very blustery Leicestershire. Hoping to do the Park walk again today if it stays dry.

kittylester Sat 09-Feb-19 07:28:04

Morning all from a dry but very windy North Leicestershire.

DS1 coming for brunch before he and DH go to the match. Then DD2 and co are coming for the weekend.

Willow10 Sat 09-Feb-19 07:44:38

Good morning all from a dry, bright but windy East Northants. New front door was fitted in howling wind and rain yesterday. Unfortunately a ridge tile flew off neighbours house and impaled itself in the roof of the contractors van! I'm waiting for a roofer to fix some loose tiles on my roof, but he's not likely to come out in this wind. Just hoping no more damage is done in the meantime! A bit of shopping to be done today, but that depends on whether gas man comes to fit leaky boiler. It's all going on! Have a good Saturday everyone.

Marydoll Sat 09-Feb-19 07:45:10

Good morning Mick and all from a wet and wild Glasgow.

DS1 is bringing DGD to stay, as DIL is having to work today and he is going to a stag do.
DS2 is coming for lunch as he hasn't seen DGD for a while.

A busy weee house today.
Have a good Saturday, everyone.

mumofmadboys Sat 09-Feb-19 07:49:07

Still in bed with my cuppa in Cumbria. Going to meet old work colleague for lunch and catch up today. Looking forward to it. Meeting at Lakeland in Windermere so plenty to look at if one of us is late!! Hope you all have a happy Saturday.

teaforone Sat 09-Feb-19 07:50:38

Morning all. A quiet day today. Was having 16 year old Dgd to stay this evening but she needs to be at home to prepare for auditions being held tomorrow. Disappointing but I will enjoy the show when it is performed later in the year.

oldgaijin Sat 09-Feb-19 07:51:30

Good morning all from a grey Aberdeenshire...it's just about dry but judging from the sky, it will rain again soon.
Mick, you have just put me in mind for bubble and squeak!
Must do a wee food shop.
Am really chuffed as I have a pot of orchids which have never done anything, so I threatened them with the compost heap, threw a jug of water over them and now I have four beautiful spikes in bloom.
Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Sat 09-Feb-19 07:54:13

Good morning everyone.Dry but blowing a gale in Shropshire today.Off to the theatre this afternoon with DD1 to see The house on Cold Hill by Peter James.Have a good day all.

Marydoll Sat 09-Feb-19 07:54:29

oldgaijin, I'm glad it's dry! My DD and her fiance are up in your area doing the whisky trail and I was worried they might get drookit blown away! grin

Grammaretto Sat 09-Feb-19 07:56:27

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. The wind has died down.
I bought a shrub for the garden yesterday and read that all it needs to flourish are sunshine, shelter, good drainage, good soil and not too cold.
I think this applies to all of us.
Have a good weekend everyone.

annep1 Sat 09-Feb-19 07:57:02

Good morning all. Listening to Tony Blackburn. Very choppy sea yesterday on county Antrim coast near Belfast splashing on to the road with seaweed all over the quay walk.
Lovely to be seeing children/grandchildren. Enjoy!
I have a new coat to collect at Debenhams while hubby watches rugby.
Have a lovely weekend.?

Beechnut Sat 09-Feb-19 07:57:25

Good Morning all
Dry here but is going to be windy here. I will have to put a pot on top of the door mat ?

Food shop this morning then off to the library.

Have a good weekend whatever you are doing ?

Greyduster Sat 09-Feb-19 08:00:32

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey, cold and blowing fit to bust here in South Yorkshire. We have to go out to pick up a present we bought for GS’s birthday, but I think that will be our only foray today. I have cake to bake and ice for Monday so that should keep me busy this weekend. Enjoy the ballet, Corner. Hang onto that bank card, Momb - Lakeland is my downfall! Have a good day folks.

MawBroon Sat 09-Feb-19 08:12:08

Good morning everybody, it’s blustery but sunny here in N Bucks.
Heading up the M1 and 6 again today to go to Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake at the Hippodrome with DD and the GCSs! (My Christmas present from them.)
Tomorrow Mummy and Daddy have tickets for Twickenham so I am in charge - ????
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Harris27 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:18:48

God morning from blowy north east!!still nursing a cold think it's been there since the tree went up in December! Looking forward to not having to rush around and hopefully win lottery so don't have to work Monday!! Good day to all!

Brunette10 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:21:07

Good morning all. A very windy and wet Fife again today. Not much planned today because of weather but if it eases will get out for a walk. May do some batch cooking for freezer. Hope everyone’s plans go well today, have a good Saturday.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Feb-19 08:30:55

Good morning everyone from a windy woo South Manchester. I’m in bed with a cuppa made by my husband who had to set his alarm as he has a dental hygienist appointment in half an hour.
No particular plans today which is lovely as it was full on playtime minding our 6y grandson yesterday ?

Nana3 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:40:26

Good morning all, raining and windy in Lancashire. A bit of shopping to do today that's all.
Have a good day everyone.

NannyJan53 Sat 09-Feb-19 08:41:42

Good morning from a very windy but bright Black Country.

Packing this morning for our couple of days away tomorrow at a Spa Hotel (our Christmas present to each other). I am off to Lichfield this afternoon so I can babysit tonight for DS and DIL.

Have a good weekend everyone, I will be back Wednesday morning smile