Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(45 Posts)
12Michael Mon 11-Feb-19 06:18:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry outside here in brackley this morning.
A quiet day , pick up prescriptions, and do some genral housework.
Mick

Conni7 Mon 11-Feb-19 16:28:43

Good afternoon everyone. It's been a lovely day here in Cheshire - blue skies, bright sunshine! Spring is coming. Lovely man from the Council cleared out two wasps nests from the loft which have been worrying me.

Bdfnotk Mon 11-Feb-19 14:41:49

Good morning! This is my first post and I'm looking so forward to good reads and sound advice.....or even good points and perspectives!

Nanny41 Mon 11-Feb-19 13:35:03

Hi everyone from a glorious sunny and quite mild Sweden, there is hope of Spring coming in a month or so, but winter isnt behind us yet.I am enjoying the sun, while it lasts.

Persistentdonor Mon 11-Feb-19 12:09:39

I forgot to post while it was still morning!
Have had a profitable day donating considerable I.T. equipment bought with Lottery funding, but being unused at the library, to a local primary school, where hopefully it will get plenty of use.
Then took a walk around nearby park land, enjoying the sunshine, daffodils and squirrels.
Hope everyone else enjoys their day too.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 11-Feb-19 11:30:21

Good morning one and all. Up a bit late today after such an active day day yesterday. Its bright, dry and a bit sunny here in Somerset so will be waking to the shops soon. Sorry Ethel that you are having to get rid your open fire. We have a log burner and I would never ever get rid of it how much trouble it is but that is easy for me to say when I can manage, see what I say in 5 or 10 years time.

Benji3742 Mon 11-Feb-19 11:07:39

Good morning to all from Papworth
It's dry and sunny but rather cold.
Wishing those under the weather a speedy recovery and a great day to all

1inamillion Mon 11-Feb-19 10:46:49

When we decorated recently I got curtains for both rooms in Dunelm Kitty. Previously always bought them in M&S
I hope there is a happy resolution for your friend dragonfly, a cousin of mine went through something similar many years ago now.
Can't see out as immobilised on the bed with my foot. I know it's good weather and clear though as can hear the little planes overhead, probably from Cardiff airport. It's like Biggin Hill here.

farview Mon 11-Feb-19 10:32:09

Morning all.beautiful day in Lancashire,been to Aldi, Morrison's,walked the dog, washing hung out... gardening time now
Good day wished to All

Annapops Mon 11-Feb-19 10:19:27

Good morning everyone. Back home now after a lovely cottage break in Robin Hoods Bay. Reality has struck very quickly as kiddie duties today with little Mr and Miss. Kitchen work underway too so a busy day ahead.
Stay safe and well all.

EllanVannin Mon 11-Feb-19 09:49:03

Good morning All x
A most beautiful morning so far with not a cloud in the sky. It really lifts the spirits.
Trouble is the sun is shining on the mantlepiece highlighting the dust so it's screaming out to be polished. I won't be doing much else I suspect.

Hope there's a bit of this sunshine for everyone else to lighten the day for you.

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Feb-19 09:38:01

Morning All

No rain forecast for our bit of Norfolk - but it is anyway. Hopefully just a passing shower.

Will now return to Ancestry to try and figure out how to save my efforts and the challenge of printing it out. It’s been interesting and absorbing but I must stop as it’s taking over my life. I really don’t need to know the names of second cousins twice removed offspring!

narrowboatnan Mon 11-Feb-19 09:37:53

Good morning everybody. Made it here early (for me!) today.
The wind has dropped completely so it’s nice and quiet, though I quite miss the slight rocking motion and the sound of our mooring ropes creaking as the boat moves about.
The gas fire will be a lot less work, Ester1 , and less dust too.
Enjoy your day all.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 11-Feb-19 09:36:08

Good morning. Bright but a bit cloudy in east London. Usual Monday, tennis at 12.30, school pickup then looking after GD until DD finishes work about 8.30. hope your day goes well.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 11-Feb-19 09:18:51

Good morning Mick, Anniebach and all x

One of our GC’s Birthday today, they insisted on opening gifts in our bed this morning. After several games of “kerplunk”, they have left for a day at a wildlife park, with dinner at a local restaurant this evening. These little ones grow so quickly.

Dragonfly you must be worried sick about your dear friend, truly hope that there is a happy outcome.

Hope all poorly posters stay cosseted and warm and on the road to recovery.

Anniebach Mon 11-Feb-19 09:07:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

oldgaijin Mon 11-Feb-19 08:49:16

Good morning all from another bright, cloudless day in Aberdeenshire...there is a slight frost but that should disappear as the house faces due South.
Yesterday's curtain making never happened as two separate friends, with dogs, popped in, so there was much hilarity.
Very excited to have fixed up my Alexa without a hitch...just follow the instructions and go! I think it will be a useful bit of kit.
Hope to get outside later and do a wee tidy in the garden...sod the curtains.
Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Mon 11-Feb-19 08:47:25

Had busy weekend and back in o work could do with extra day as still sneezing and chest still Rooney! Need to win lottery or retire!! Cold nd damping north east just read a email from to license definitely a scam! Watch out all!

Mapleleaf Mon 11-Feb-19 08:46:15

Good morning all,
It’s turned overcast here since I got up, but it’s still dry.
Sorry to hear you are full of cold, Dora and hope you soon feel better.
Dragonfly, I hope you soon hear good news - such a worry.
I feel like a washed out rag, woken several times through the night with foot cramp and restless legs. Sure it’s to do with the medication, but seeing doctor today so will see what he has to say.

NanKate Mon 11-Feb-19 08:39:30

Morning Mick and All.

Feeling very tired after a weekend with DS and DGSs.

Going to our belated WI Christmas Lunch today. We have now shifted this event to February. ?

Hope all goes well at the two funerals today Mary and Aggie.

Welcome back Nellie that was.

What a lovely present Kitty hope you can reorganise the photo shoot soon.

harrigran Mon 11-Feb-19 08:39:30

Good morning, the overnight frost has gone and I think it is going to be a dry day.
DH is going to meet an old work colleague for lunch, he will be gone for most of the day as it is a fair distance to travel.
I was to remain because plumber was coming, he has rung to say he will be coming tomorrow.
A quiet day for me with a couple of films I want to watch.

Greyduster Mon 11-Feb-19 08:28:12

Good morning Michael and all GNs. A bright cold day in South Yorkshire. It is GS’s 12th birthday today and we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate. There will be cake!
Before that I have to pop in to see my neice.
Was only thinking about you the other day, Gettingit?! Good to see you back. Have a happy day folks.

Susan56 Mon 11-Feb-19 08:21:36

Good morning all.A day of housework,laundry and admin today.Sorry your break was spoiled by a cold Dora,hope you feel better soon.Dragonfly,I really hope your friend has a happy outcome to the horrendous situation,thinking of you all.

aggie Mon 11-Feb-19 08:11:34

Good Morning All , cold , bright and dry here in Co Armagh . I have to go to a funeral today , the Sister of a good friend and fellow Bowler , she was a lovely sweet lady
Kitty I got my present curtains in M+S after searching everywhere

BlueSapphire Mon 11-Feb-19 08:09:44

Good morning everyone. It's a bright and frosty morning in Northampton.

Coffee morning at a neighbour's house this morning for neighbours past and present; we do this every 4/6 weeks or so and take it in turns to host. Some of us have lived in the same close since the houses were built 26 years ago and a couple have moved on, so it's nice to get together.

Seem to have got over the worst of my cold thank goodness. Have a nice day everyone.

Grammaretto Mon 11-Feb-19 08:08:24

Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it's not too bad a day.
Sorry DoraMarr you are not well and Dragonfly I hope the missing person turns up soon.
Another hospital app for DH. We can travel by bus all the way for which we are grateful.
Hope you all have a happy Monday.