Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Mon 18-Feb-19 06:19:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry here in brackley this morning.
Sister and brother in law have gone back up to Shropshire.
Get myself back on track this week as well.
Mick

NanKate Mon 18-Feb-19 06:37:05

Morning Mick and All.

Hope you have enjoyed having your family with you this weekend Mick.

We are set for Spring like weather here in the south this week, hope it is the same for you.☀️

Off for an 8.40 Doc’s appointment, wish I hadn’t agreed to one so early, but I suppose I should be grateful to have one.

cornergran Mon 18-Feb-19 06:43:04

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark and chilly corner of Somerset. Cloudy day forecast here. Collecting grandchildren early so a need to be organised. Hope alls well with your appointment nankate, I quite like the early ones, usually on time and the rest of the day ahead. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Mon 18-Feb-19 06:47:46

Morning *Mick, morning kate, morning all.

Still dark in North Leicestershire but it doesn't seem cold.

Dd2 and her girls are coming for a few days as they do most half terms. I love her husband but do enjoy having time with her on her own.

Glad you had a good weekend Mick but it is nice to get back to normal, isn't it?

Hope all is ok at the gp, kate.

kittylester Mon 18-Feb-19 06:48:24

Morning corner.

Gagagran Mon 18-Feb-19 06:56:58

Good Morning Mick, Kate, corner, kitty and everyone. (Sounding a bit Uncle Tom Cobbley there!)

It's showing signs of dawn here on the south coast but the forecast is for rain all day. Not a lot planned so it will be just a case of hunkering down indoors.

Hope the day is kind to us all.

Grammaretto Mon 18-Feb-19 07:04:37

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We had a stormy night but it's calm now.
Nothing special planned but we have visitors staying so will have to think of something.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Gettingitrightoneday Mon 18-Feb-19 07:09:25

Good morning all. I have the grandsons and their mum coming . Delights of a six and nearly four year old for a couple of days.
I have this naughty idea of setting them weeding my garden but they might not like the idea.
I have thought of bribery.
Probably best not.

Marydoll Mon 18-Feb-19 07:13:42

Good morning all, it's a bit cooler here in Glasgow this morning.

I couldn't sleep, (DH's snoring and painful hands), so I got up and a pot of soup is now bubbling away in the slow cooker. I love the early morning peace and quiet in the house.

We are updating our will today and also have some admin to do.
I may bake, but as everyone is on a diet, it will probably be a waste of time, as they are all being so virtuous! (apart from me, that is) grin

Hope the appointment goes well Kate.

Have a good day, all.

dragonfly46 Mon 18-Feb-19 07:35:50

Morning all, still dry and bright in Leicestershire.

Going to install a friends smart lights today and phone another friend who has just had to move house on her own as her very poorly DH was taken into hospital the day before.

Urmstongran Mon 18-Feb-19 07:37:56

Good morning everyone from a dry but dull South Manchester. Our 6y old whirlwind grandson is being dropped off in half an hour as it’s an ‘inset’ day at his school and we are minding him today - half term was last week here in Trafford. I’m sat in bed with a cuppa as he loves to sit next to me watching cartoons while we have ‘breakfast’ together in bed.... ‘Cheerios’ anybody?

ninathenana Mon 18-Feb-19 07:40:42

Good morning everyone.

Damp and dull in Kent this morning. I had a rough night, which is unlike me. I can see an afternoon nap happening. The joy of retirement.
Happy days everyone.

gillybob Mon 18-Feb-19 07:41:11

Good morning from the NE coast . I’m off to “that place” now but an early finish as I’m picking the grandchildren up at 3 pm. I have them until Thursday as it’s half term . Hope the weather stays reasonably fine so we can do stuff outdoors .

Have a good Monday everyone smile

BlueSapphire Mon 18-Feb-19 07:41:53

Hello everyone; bit grey and the ground looks damp in Northampton today.
Managed to cut the front grass yesterday, and did a bit of tidying up in the back garden as well.
Yoga this morning and then an appointment with my solicitor this afternoon for an update on DH's estate and discuss making a new will and power of attorney.
One year ago today DH went into hospital for the last time.
Hope today goes well for us all.

Willow10 Mon 18-Feb-19 07:49:05

Good morning all. Bright and Spring like this morning in East Northants. Fasting blood test at 8.30 so my stomach is already missing the usual green tea with lemon. Washing already on and a bit of shopping to do this morning. Hope it's a good Monday for everyone.

Brunette10 Mon 18-Feb-19 07:49:59

Good Morning all. It’s quite mild, bright and dry here in Fife for the moment. Didn’t have a good sleep woke at 3.15 and saw 5.25 then managed to fall over. A dry throat didn’t help. I also have some admin work to do and a parcel to collect, that’s my day so far. For those feeling under the weather look after yourselves. Have a busy day everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 18-Feb-19 08:00:03

Good Morning from a bright, sunny Black Country.

Took 2 DGD's to cinema yesterday to see Lego Movie 2. They enjoyed it, not really my cup of tea though. At least DD had a afternoon to carry on settling into their new home.

Monday morning 'Walking for Health' today. We usually manage 6-7 miles.

Then I may tackle the pile of ironing this afternoon hmm

Sad memories for you today BlueSapphire, I hope today is kind to you.

Nannytopsy Mon 18-Feb-19 08:11:31

Good morning everyone! I can see the sun here in Leicester and I think we should have good weather all week. We have started clearing the garage, so another few hours in there are planned, followed be a trip to the tip!

Pittcity Mon 18-Feb-19 08:14:41

Good morning from an overcast but mild Colchester.
No Walking Netball as it's half term. So it's laundry, housework, admin and packing today. Off on holiday tomorrow.

Susan56 Mon 18-Feb-19 08:21:53

Good morning from a dry but dull Shropshire.Having a day at home today to hopefully catch up on a few outstanding jobs,maybe a trip to the tip later.We know how to live!
Thinking of you today BlueSaphire.Hope everybody has a good day.

Harris27 Mon 18-Feb-19 08:26:09

All good in ne weatheir helped us getjobs done in the garden yesterday. Back to work this morning Well it's a late start for me being half term. Good luck sapphire. All have good day.

Annapops Mon 18-Feb-19 08:33:32

Good morning from a rather dull County Durham. A busy day ahead with 3 DGC here today. They will certainly keep us on our toes.
Still some sorting to complete as new kitchen is now fully installed but we're hoping a trip to the forest with those little people will be part of today's plan too.
Great news too as GD1 and GS2 did amazingly well in their dancing competitions yesterday. One proud mammy and granny.
Wishing you all a very happy Monday.

1inamillion Mon 18-Feb-19 08:33:51

Good Morning from a dry South Welsh coast.
Slept quite well last night.

It is Half Term and the forecast is fairly dry for the week, so glad for the children. Could hear the sea pounding for most of yesterday so there must high tides.
Best Wishes to all.

Nanabanana1 Mon 18-Feb-19 08:37:00

Morning all from Torbay, mild and damp here, not much on today so hope all have a good day.

EllanVannin Mon 18-Feb-19 08:47:57

Good morning All. x
Dull and grey with what looks like the remains of a shower but still mild.
I'd forgotten to sort clothes for collection this morning so quickly tried to sort some out but I have a feeling that they may have been because nobody else's bag is outside. It'll have to go in the shed until next time.

I wish I had the energy these days to do what needs doing sad

Have a decent day everyone and those with appointments etc----hope they go well.