Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Tue 19-Feb-19 06:16:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in brackley been getting light around 0650-0700.
My usual day out today , after housework, to Bicester and Buckingham..
These bus trips are good for me ,as I return from Bicester to Buckingham on a slightly different route, and see the changes in that area, with HS2 and the East/West Rail link crossovers, the amount of work going on at the moment with sites being set up.
Mick

RosieLeah Tue 19-Feb-19 06:17:37

Good morning, everyone. Wet in Lancashire this morning.

dragonfly46 Tue 19-Feb-19 07:02:23

Good morning. Dry here in Leicestershire.
Not feeling so good today so may stay at home.

chelseababy Tue 19-Feb-19 07:04:30

Beautiful moon here in Bedford over a frosty field. Meeting up with "FIL" to discuss his funeral plans!

kittylester Tue 19-Feb-19 07:12:29

Morning all. My bit of Leicestershire is very similar to dragonfly's. The dgds woke us at 6.45. DH has his pre-op today so we were happy to be up early.

Hope you feel better soon dragonfly.

Gagagran Tue 19-Feb-19 07:18:14

Good Morning from a rather chilly south coast. It's set to warm up this week, or so we are advised by the weather forecast.

Hope the day is a good one for us all.

Gagagran Tue 19-Feb-19 07:19:00

Morning kitty - hope the pre-op goes OK.

Gettingitrightoneday Tue 19-Feb-19 07:27:51

Good Morning All. The grandsons are here with mum. It is strangely quite. I am waiting for the invasion.

Little three yr old was a real pain in the backside yesterday.

cornergran Tue 19-Feb-19 07:36:40

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, clear corner of Somerset. Wishing Mr Lester and dragonfly well, best wishes to all who are unwell or worried. Hair cut for me first thing then cake decorating and general faffing. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

gillybob Tue 19-Feb-19 07:39:49

Good morning from the NE coast. I have the 4 grandchildren today. The baby woke at 6 and like Gettingitright I too am “waiting for the invasion” of the older 3 . Very unusual for them to be still in bed at this late hour. The calm before the storm so enjoying a cup of tea.
Hope it stays relatively fine so we can get outside later.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling so good today dragonfly.

ninathenana Tue 19-Feb-19 07:40:06

Morning everyone.

I haven't looked out yet but the bit of Kent sky I can see from my bed looks dull.
Food shopping and coffee out this morning.
I hope all goes well for Mr Lester and dragonfly feels better

NanKate Tue 19-Feb-19 07:41:11

Morning Mick and All.

Sunny and cool in South Bucks.

Hope all goes smoothly for your DH today Kitty.

My Doc’s appointment went well yesterday and my mind was out at rest. Thanks for the good wishes.

Off to Craft and Chat at WI today.

BlueSapphire Tue 19-Feb-19 07:41:51

Good morning all, promising to be a fine day today in Northampton. Did not sleep too well last night, so in the end got up at 5.15, but have been sat in the chair dozing. Feeling a bit achy after yoga yesterday, first time in three weeks!
Am planning to do a Health Walk this afternoon.
Meeting with solicitor went well yesterday and new will drafted. He was very helpful.
A few odd jobs this morning.
Have a good day all.

NanKate Tue 19-Feb-19 07:43:11

Dragonfly ?.

Brunette10 Tue 19-Feb-19 07:55:22

Good morning to all and to those who follow. It’s a lovely bright start to the day here in Fife. Feeling under the weather somewhat, have a sore throat and heavy cold feeling yuk. Meant to be meeting my cousin for chat and coffee but will wait and see how I feel after breakfast and shower. Sorry for those feeling under par today. Keep your chin up. flowers

Greyduster Tue 19-Feb-19 08:08:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Another bright day in South Yorkshire. I have woken up full of cold today and don’t feel up to very much today. We had a very busy day with GS yesterday. We all had fun, but fun comes at a price for us these days! He is worth it though! Have a good day, folks.

Willow10 Tue 19-Feb-19 08:10:02

Good morning all. Bright and sunny in East Northants. No plans for today so far. flowers For those not feeling so good.

Annapops Tue 19-Feb-19 08:10:05

Good morning all from sunny County Durham. Three DGC here again today, aged 5, 3 and 2. Our trip to the forest was a great success yesterday so fingers crossed for today.
We made a treasure box too yesterday so the plan is to fill it with silver (tinfoil) items.
The pink gym may also be worth a visit in an attempt to tire them out. Today will be a long one.
Have fun.

Marydoll Tue 19-Feb-19 08:12:19

Good morning from a damp and dull Glasgow. I thought that I saw a patch of blue sky but it's gone. sad
Both DH and I are feeling poorly, he is never unwell, but is coughing for Scotland and thinks he has double pneumonia. grin
We have the nursery run at lunchtime. I hope the wee one has used up all her energy and we can have a relatively quite afternoon.
We too updated our wills yesterday and also organised power of attorney. I'm glad we have done that.
It all sounds a bit morbid, but a number of friends and acquaintances have died recently and that has spurred me on.
Best wishes for all those feeling poorly today and for those with any medical appointments.
Kate, I'm glad yours went well.
Enjoy your day,( if possible) everyone.

Pittcity Tue 19-Feb-19 08:25:51

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Spring has sprung!
Last minute packing and chores as we are flying out to Australia tonight. DS is driving us to the airport and will be alone in the house for a month. He is 18..... I don't expect to return to a house still in one piece.

Harris27 Tue 19-Feb-19 08:38:13

Good morning from a sunny north east will be going out this evening with my sister for catch up and meal. Looking forward to that but work from 12/5.30 doing shorter hours this week as some nursery children on holiday. Have a good day everyone.

oldgaijin Tue 19-Feb-19 08:41:00

Good morning all from a bright, sunny Aberdeenshire.
Very wise to get wills and POA's completed whilst one is in good health. I, too, have my funeral instructions arranged....they are in a file on my computer labelled "operation snuffit'. Don't forget to leave a paper copy of important passwords etc. for your executors.
On that morbid note, have a good day everyone.

Mapleleaf Tue 19-Feb-19 08:44:34

Good morning,
It's a lovely bright morning here in South Yorkshire as greyduster says.
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good today, dragonfly. You are right to rest, and I hope you feel better soon. I send the same sentiments to anyone else feeling unwell today. flowers.
I plan a catch up with my friend if she's free today.
Enjoy your trip, Pittcity.

travelsafar Tue 19-Feb-19 08:46:16

A beautiful start to the day blue sky and sunshine smile Meeting my sister after a trip to the supermarket.We are going to her new flat to measure up for curtains etc. Exciting times for her.

1inamillion Tue 19-Feb-19 08:47:46

Good Morning from a dry South Welsh coast. Got it wrong yesterday it's half term next week, never known it so late, is it because Easter is so late this year I wonder.

Best wishes to dragonfly, Mr Lester and Annie.
Good news NanKate.
Have a wonderful holiday Pittcity. DD went to NZ 2 years ago and loved it. Called I Melbourne on way home to do the Home and Away studio tour - as you do.