Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(48 Posts)
12Michael Wed 20-Feb-19 06:20:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its dry outside , signs of spring about locally.
Usual day , small shop and sit and watch cycle racing on TV later this afternoon
Mick.

kittylester Wed 20-Feb-19 06:42:34

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's dark but mild and dry in North Leicestershire. The garden waste lorry is trundling round and the dgd are still in bed.

A new 6 week Carer's course starting this morning. I love meeting the new groups which are full of people (mostly women) looking after loved ones.

Enjoy your days everyone.

ninathenana Wed 20-Feb-19 06:48:33

Good morning Mick

Peach sunrise just showing in Kent sky, the forecast is for a fine mild day
Sad news, a friend of DH's died yesterday. Unfortunately it's too far to attend the funeral.
Have a good day all and I hope those feeling poorly yesterday are better today

Gettingitrightoneday Wed 20-Feb-19 06:49:30

Good Morning Mick.
Good morning all. Too dark to judge the weather.
Have a good day anyway.

ninathenana Wed 20-Feb-19 06:49:43

Morning kitty

NannyJan53 Wed 20-Feb-19 06:55:40

Good Morning from a drizzly but mild Black Country.

Driving over to DD's and taking girls to an activity at the Library. Then pick up Mum to drive her to DD's so she can see their new house.

Sad news nina flowers

Have a good day everyone.

1inamillion Wed 20-Feb-19 07:06:47

Good morning from a dry South Welsh coast.
Slept well for me.
Having a cup of tea and about to tackle the crossword.
Have a good day everyone and hope all your activities go well.
Condolences to you and your husband nina.

Beechnut Wed 20-Feb-19 07:07:34

Good Morning all

Damp here but getting light. The sky looks pretty.
A home work day for me.
I had too much to eat yesterday and it’s left me feeling a bit ugh. My own fault no one is forcing it into my mouth.

Hope everyone has a good day ?

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:11:39

Good Morning from Leicestershire. I hope it is going to be warmer than yesterday.

Will go and see Mum today, it is getting harder to know what to say to her.
A walk with a friend this afternoon in the woods. The bluebells wil be out soon.

dragonfly46 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:12:54

So sorry to hear about your loss Nina we are awaiting a similar call.

NanKate Wed 20-Feb-19 07:24:30

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and I hope mild in South Bucks.

We are going for a long weekend to our DS on Friday and I made a quick check that all the food is sorted (our DS and GSs are on their own). I had already been asked to cook spag Bol for 5 adults spicy and 4 children less spicy for a get together we are having on Sat Eve, it’s all now in the freezer. Then last night DS said that one of his guests doesn’t eat mushrooms ? and the trouble is, me not being much of a cook, I bulk out the spag Bol sauce with finely chopped mushrooms. I can’t face making another lot today so I shall trawl the shops looking for fresh spag Bol sauce (not the type in a bottle). I do admire people who can just rustle up a meal, but I’m not one of them. Moan over.

gillybob Wed 20-Feb-19 07:25:01

Good morning from the NE coast . A bit of a damp start . Hope it improves later . Enjoy you walk in the woods dragonfly .

NanKate Wed 20-Feb-19 07:26:08

Nina ?

Urmstongran Wed 20-Feb-19 07:31:52

Good morning everyone from a mild South Manchester. The sky is a pretty pale blue over the Pennines - I can just trace their outline. Some grey cloud too so today could go either way as we had rain last night.

No plans today. Toddler minding went well yesterday - except trying to get off to sleep last night the song ‘Baby Shark’ kept running through my head!

Our 6y old grandson doesn’t like mushrooms NanKate so his mummy blends his ‘chilli’ and doesn’t tell him - he’s no wiser yet gets the goodness!

Willow10 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:40:34

Good morning all. Slightly grey sky in E. Northants, but I think we are in for a dry, mild day. Ladies archery this morning and then meet up for coffee afterwards. Hope it's a pleasant day for everyone.

Gagagran Wed 20-Feb-19 07:41:30

Good Morning everyone. It looks like a lovely start to the day here on the south coast with a cloudess sky and the sun coming up. It is mild too.

DD and family are on half term break in Granada and today are booked to visit the Alhambra palace. I took her to see it at the same time of year when she was 12 on a Mum/Daughter break and although she can't remember much about it, I can. It was memorably beautiful. Hope they all enjoy it.

DS and his no2 daughter are in Les Arcs on a half term ski trip. No 1 daughter has stayed at home with her Mum to revise for looming GCSEs - poor love!

Hope all the half termers are enjoying the nice weather and the break from routine.

Have a good day folks!

Brunette10 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:41:43

Good Morning from a damp and dark Fife. Still feeling yuk, sore throat etc but it will pass soon. No plans for today obviously. Sorry to hear your sad news Nina. flowers. Hope you all manage a good enough day.

oldgaijin Wed 20-Feb-19 07:41:45

Good morning Mick and all from a rainy Aberdeenshire. Think it will clear later as there is a glow in the East.
Appointment with oncologist this morning, so am keeping fingers crossed that everything is OK.
Shall zoom home for a haircut as I look like a hielan' coo!

1inamillion Wed 20-Feb-19 07:43:48

Dragonfly, I sympathise re your Mum. We used to take in old photos for DH's mother - family, the garden or past holidays, pets, the town before modernisation etc and chat about those. Hope it helps.

Nanabanana1 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:56:42

Good morning from Torbay, looks bright and mild today.
Doggie walk today as usual and preparing to look after grandchildren for next three days. Wishing all a good day.

BlueSapphire Wed 20-Feb-19 07:57:18

Hello everyone, a dull morning in Northampton.
A few jobs this morning then out for another health walk this afternoon. I really enjoyed yesterday's, a new route for me and a nice chatty coffee afterwards with the group.
After emails going back and forth between me and the solicitor yesterday, I think my new will is now sorted - just awaiting the draft copy for my approval.

cornergran Wed 20-Feb-19 08:02:43

Morning Mick, morning All from a mild, dry corner of Somerset, light grey cloud so hopeful it will stay dry. Family coming later so a walk would help with the younger ones. Condolences to you both nina, we’ve also experienced distance as a barrier to attending funerals recently, it does feel uncomfortable, makes it harder I think. Thinking of those with worries of any kind, hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Sar53 Wed 20-Feb-19 08:04:09

Good morning everyone from Kent. I've been with DD2 and 2 granddaughters since Sunday. I was very poorly yesterday, really wanted to be at home but no way could I have driven 50 miles. Will be leaving here later this morning and hoping the Dartford Crossing is ok. It's been lovely spending time with my granddaughters, the 13 month old has discovered books and we did a lot of 'reading'.

Marydoll Wed 20-Feb-19 08:15:34

Good morning all from a dismal Glasgow.
DH and I still feeling, like Brunette, yuk! Though I suspect mine is due more to my rheumatoid flare up. My hospital appointment has been cancelled three times. angry.
Condolences Nina, to you and your DH. A number of friends have died recently and it's very unsettling.
oldgaijin best wishes for today.
Gaga, I will never forget my first sight of the Alhambra, shining in the spring sunshine from a high vantage point behind it.
Repairman is coming today to replace fridge door handle, broken by DH, who thought it would only be a few pounds to replace. It was quoted at £158 online for the handle alone. I thought DH was joking. Needless to say, I'm claiming on my insurance policy. grin.
Have a good day all.

MawBroon Wed 20-Feb-19 08:18:10

Good morning all from N Bucks where it looks as if it could be another lovely day!
Condolences to those with sad news or fearfully awaiting them. It is our time of life isn’t it, but it doesn’t make it any easier to accept.
Lit class this afternoon, “The Tenant of Wildfell Hall” - is it philistine of me to say that so far it is, well, a bit wordy ?
Need to persevere.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.