Gransnet forums

Chat

ISIS girl

(232 Posts)
M0nica Wed 20-Feb-19 23:26:51

to continue where we left off......

Lazigirl Tue 26-Feb-19 17:14:58

I agree you do need to check out charities before you donate Jalima. Some large charities are also worthwhile. Thank you Lily a really positive idea.

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:09:42

I'm sure there was a small charity specifically set up to help Yazidi women but it appears to have been shut down.

I was stopped by a chugger in the High Street and when I said I supported a small charity as I didn't want to support the lifestyle of the big charity bosses, he warned me, very darkly, about giving money to small charities.

However, that's what I do, others may want to give to larger well-established charities.

Lily65 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:01:34

Thank you J. I thought it might be a nice thing after all the bitterness.

Jalima1108 Tue 26-Feb-19 17:00:20

There are several charities helping Yazidi women and children although they help others who are the victims of conflict too.

en.unesco.org/partnerships/non-governmental-organizations/amar-international-charitable-foundation
www.warchild.org.uk/yazidi-appeal
Are two of the charities.

Lily65 Tue 26-Feb-19 13:27:22

I notice there is an article in todays Guardian about a women's community for Yazidi girls/women.

What do we Grans think about some how supporting this?

Sorry I don't know exactly how to send funds and so on.

www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/25/yazidis-isis-female-only-commune-jinwar-syria

Chewbacca Mon 25-Feb-19 19:33:30

Apparently, she spent some time working as a makeshift nurse, dressing the wounds of the terrorists on their return from murdering and beheading civilians. Bless her.

Mycatisahacker Mon 25-Feb-19 19:31:24

Well we don’t know Gonegirl but it looked bloody awful and she looks awful, old, tired and defeated.

If her interviews don’t act as a deterrent I don’t know what will.

Jalima1108 Mon 25-Feb-19 19:29:44

With a few heads in buckets just outside?

Would that not ring some warning bells that perhaps this 'ordinary life' might have a more sinister side?

Gonegirl Mon 25-Feb-19 18:59:59

Do we really think she's taken an active part in terrorism? Sounds more like she's lived the life of a housewife since she's been out there.

Mycatisahacker Mon 25-Feb-19 17:37:21

Are you coming back tricher to tell us who said we didn’t want to help refugees??

Mycatisahacker Mon 25-Feb-19 00:24:04

tricher

I too have never said that.

Jalima1108 Sun 24-Feb-19 23:17:16

Perhaps you'd like to start a fund to bring her back trisher; that would be charitable.

I prefer my aid to go to the innocents in all this.

Jalima1108 Sun 24-Feb-19 23:15:55

Why on earth should a cash strapped refugee camp have to look after a woman from a rich western country?
Why not? Perhaps the Kurds or the Syrian regime may decide to charge her although I would think they would want to wash their hands of her in fact.
We are supporting the refugee camps anyway. Britain has given about £1 billion in aid to the refugee camps - for those displaced by IS and by Assad. I do not know who is running the one she is in.

Jalima1108 Sun 24-Feb-19 23:10:27

Interesting isn't it some of the people on here who are now so concerned about the Yazidi women are exactly the same people who have stated that we can't take in refugees from the camps because we haven't room. It seems they are now full of compassion.
I've never said that trisher and object most strongly to your post.
In fact I would go so far as to say that you should retract that.

Chewbacca Sun 24-Feb-19 22:20:12

we can't take in refugees from the camps because we haven't room

Who said that trisher?

trisher Sun 24-Feb-19 22:18:13

Interesting isn't it some of the people on here who are now so concerned about the Yazidi women are exactly the same people who have stated that we can't take in refugees from the camps because we haven't room. It seems they are now full of compassion.
Why on earth should a cash strapped refugee camp have to look after a woman from a rich western country?

Chewbacca Sun 24-Feb-19 21:05:42

Who will pay for her lawyer Gonegirl? And the social services involvement for her and her child? And the court costs? And for the investigation? And, assuming she does actually get convicted; keeping her in a prison or secure unit until she's been "deradicalised"? The taxpayer? Personally, I'd rather leave her where she is and spend that money on helping those who's lives she contributed to destroying, especially the Yazidi women and children. Bring her baby back here to safety, but not her.

Gonegirl Sun 24-Feb-19 19:50:12

Why shouldn't both things happen? If a lawyer represents her through the courts, how will that take away with other things happening in Syria.

Mycatisahacker Sun 24-Feb-19 19:21:23

jalima

Well said agree.

Lily65 Sun 24-Feb-19 19:00:40

Agreed.

Chewbacca Sun 24-Feb-19 18:50:12

In a word Jalima, yes.

The less time that's spent on that stupid young woman; and the more spent on those who's lives she and her cohorts contributed to ruining, the better.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 24-Feb-19 18:49:25

Jalima1108 - totally agree

Jalima1108 Sun 24-Feb-19 18:33:25

Rather than worrying too much about Shamima Begum being brought home from a refugee camp where she should be safe, should the international community not be more concerned to find the 3,000 Yazidi women and children taken as slaves by IS?

Mycatisahacker Sun 24-Feb-19 18:31:56

Well there is a connection I suppose.

That would be violent sadistic mysogynistic cruel Muslim men?

Lily65 Sun 24-Feb-19 16:49:02

What is the connection between SB and the Rotherham abuse scandal please?

Who are you referring to when you say " their own"?

Is that Muslims/brown people/IS people/ Bangladeshis?

I DO NOT and never will " support" in any shape or form the vile creatures that call themselves IS