Gransnet forums

Chat

ISIS girl

(231 Posts)
M0nica Wed 20-Feb-19 23:26:51

to continue where we left off......

M0nica Wed 20-Feb-19 23:33:00

Jalima do not be so old-fashioned, the average family size of catholic families is no different to that of any other family. Large families, in any denomination are a matter of parental decision.

Jalima1108 Wed 20-Feb-19 23:35:48

Message deleted at user's request

M0nica Thu 21-Feb-19 00:06:19

I am a catholic and come from a catholic family, (descendants of a large family born between 1910-30) we all conform to the national average.

M0nica Thu 21-Feb-19 00:12:31

To return to the subject of this thread.

I have just read on the BBC news that Shamima Begum's latest comment is
While she told the BBC she would have let her late son become an IS fighter, she wants her new baby "to be British" and for her to return to the UK with him.

She has shot herself so often in the foot over the last week, I am amazed she can still walk. Someone surely should advise the silly woman to engage her brain before opening her mouth. In fact I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the girl is so stupid, she needs to be saved from herself.

GabriellaG54 Thu 21-Feb-19 04:14:59

I wonder what her reaction would be if one if her relatives here got attacked and beheaded with the head thrown in a no...eh?
Mind you, she walked out and left them with nary a backward glance, to follow a dream into a land of milk and honey. 'Married' to gawd knows who, whose ethics are non-existent and then wants to be accepted like a prodigal 'son'.
I have nothing but contempt for anyone who thinks it's a good idea to harbour her here. Next thing she'll want her 'husband's to join her.
Mark my words...you're putting a viper to suckle at the breast of the British public for the next 60 years.

GabriellaG54 Thu 21-Feb-19 04:15:51

no bin blush

BradfordLass72 Thu 21-Feb-19 05:35:50

"wants to be accepted like a prodigal 'son'. "

Is there proof she's profligate with her money, then ?

Oldwoman70 Thu 21-Feb-19 06:10:22

In the photos of her holding her baby did anyone else get the feeling she was very uncomfortable - almost as if she didn't know how. She wasn't cradling the child but just had him lying on her lap. If she really has had two children before wouldn't holding a baby be like second nature to her?

ClareAB Thu 21-Feb-19 06:25:05

When a white 15yr old ran off to Europe with a teacher, she was seen as a victim of grooming and the teacher faced prosecution.

By the same standards, this girl was groomed at 15, radicalised, trafficked and used as a breeding machine.

Of course she should come home. She could offer important intelligence about what happened to her and how. I wonder if she is not showing remorse whilst in Syria, as to do so would put a target on her and her baby's back.

The way a media witch hunt has been encouraged against this teenager is hardly taking the moral high ground. I'm pretty sure if she'd been white she would have been portrayed as a victim rather than an evil terrorist.

mumofmadboys Thu 21-Feb-19 07:09:31

Good post Clare

Urmstongran Thu 21-Feb-19 07:38:12

That’s some huge assumption in your post ClareAB
Strange isn’t it how we think it acceptable to talk about white people by making such assumptions.? Propagating double standards.

I definitely agree about her body language oldwoman. She didn’t cradle that baby at all - it just lay across her lap - most strange considering it’s only 2 days old.

SB will probably return at some point. No country wants her, not even us. But someone has to take her. It’ll be us in the end. *sigh

Then our security forces will have to monitor her and her family at great expense to the taxpayer. Another one of them. These returnees will be laughing at us. And some will be plotting I have no doubts on that score.....

craftyone Thu 21-Feb-19 07:56:45

her baby?

BlueBelle Thu 21-Feb-19 08:05:25

Unfortunately once again the media has whipped up a storm with hatred and bile spilling over on all sides This should have been dealt with without the public’s intervention

None of us have the slightest clue whether she is is an innocent or a vile and dangerous young lady and there is so much speculation and made up stories no one knows if she’s had one two or three babies no one knows if her husband dead or alive no one knows if she rushed off as a romantic 15 year old or if she was groomed and radicalised or if she was just a stroppy teenager looking for adventure

She needs to be psychologically assessed in private without the baying crowds then decisions can be made

Urmstongran Thu 21-Feb-19 08:21:06

Decisions made after very expensive screening and monitoring. You’re right I have to concede Bluebelle I just wish you weren’t. It is difficult (darn near impossible) to determine what she got up to as an IS enabler. That is why no country wants her. She will never earn her own money (who would employ her?) she WILL be housed by the State and us the taxpayers will stump up as her husband and the father of this baby isn’t going to. She will leave out her life on Universal Credit (no other way that I can see, can anyone else ?)
It’s a cushtee number. Go to Syria. Even though the Home Office seriously warns people not to. Come back & live here. No repercussions because we can’t ‘prove’ anything (as she herself said on interview).
It’s dispiriting.

Mycatisahacker Thu 21-Feb-19 08:31:28

I don’t think you can blame the media! It’s their job to report the news and then reflect societies opinions on that news.

She is clearly a very stupid and very cold young woman and I too noticed her very strange detatched behaviour with her new born baby.

Unfortunately we will have to take her back as she is a british terrorist and we want to be able to export foreign criminals and terrorists from our soil.

ClaireAB

Why on Earth are you bringing her skin colour into this? Has nothing to do with it. I think if she was white she would be just as reviled.

TerriBull Thu 21-Feb-19 09:13:44

Going back to the catholic family point at the top of the thread. My parents were both catholic, just the two of us, I think my mother had a couple of miscarriages though so there was a possibility of more. My maternal grandparents, only had two, God knows how they managed that in the 1920s/30s. My paternal grandparents had four, still not massive for those times especially as that grandfather was an immigrant where massive families were the norm. At my catholic school there were only a couple of really big families, friends of mine were twins and they had another set of twins in the family, six children in all. We also had a family of 13, but they were considered a complete oddity even back in the 1960s.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 21-Feb-19 09:19:13

My opinion on SB has "flip-flopped" more times than my flip flops on a sandy beach.

I was so against her coming back to the UK at the beginning, but the more I read and hear I think her and her child must come back, we cannot just leave UK citizens stateless round the world it is the equivalent of human fly-tipping.

She has done something wrong yes, if we as a country then do wrong by her i.e. abandon her do two wrongs make a right?

Lily65 Thu 21-Feb-19 09:26:13

My opinion is that we know very little, we are being manipulated. I couldn't care less if she is cradling a baby or not or how many GCSE's she nearly got.

Its an exciting read for some people and a chance for a rant.

EllanVannin Thu 21-Feb-19 09:29:58

Stand by for the Human Rights brigade forming a march on her behalf !

Urmstongran Thu 21-Feb-19 09:31:25

I agree Mycat her colour has nothing to do with this at all. Remember the ‘White Widow’?
She was equally reviled.

Lily65 Thu 21-Feb-19 09:33:53

EV, that is just well, silly. Who is this brigade please?

EllanVannin Thu 21-Feb-19 09:39:45

Oh Lord, here comes my shadow.

You should know what I'm on about Lily. Those troublesome bunch of people who must be obeyed because they say so.

TerriBull Thu 21-Feb-19 09:42:24

Yes GG I'm another flip flopper, it seems she is now stateless so that is against international law.

Listening to her interviews I've been offended by her off hand attitude to "severed heads" and latterly the Manchester bombings and her " eye for an eye" rationale. She said she didn't know about that, and if that is indeed true, she wouldn't have been aware of the outrage and horror, although horror certainly surrounded her in the past few years. One young woman of 21 lost both parents at the Arena and is now left to bring up a younger sibling. Then there are the relatives of the two British men who were beheaded. Of course they will speak from a personal and emotive stance but their feelings can't be dismissed. Listening to the news last night, I said to my husband" I'm surprised by her lack of remorse and intuition", his reply "she still only a kid, 19, many are half formed at that age" not that he was excusing her.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 21-Feb-19 10:00:39

Terribul I also find her lack of empathy unnerving, the atrocities carried out in the name of "Islam" have been most barbaric.

The families and the victims suffering and loss cannot be dismissed. Lee Rigbys murder was close to home for our family (forces).

I am just beginning to feel that if we go down the so called "eye for an eye" road and disown her, we will just make this young woman a Daesh Poster Girl.

Let her come back and face justice in our courts of law.