Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(38 Posts)
12Michael Thu 21-Feb-19 06:16:27

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry with a little bit of a chill this morning.
In about 30 minutes it should be twilight, but still very much a spring feel weather wise here in brackley.
My usual Thursday out, using the buses , with good connections to Buckingham and Bicester, and coffee cafes in those towns.
Mick

Gagagran Thu 21-Feb-19 06:35:33

Morning Mick and everyone. Think we have another nice day in store here on the south coast.

Off to do the supermarket shop shortly then I am going out for lunch with the WI and this afternoon our new washing machine is coming so I can attack the build up of laundry!

Hope the day is kind to us all.

kittylester Thu 21-Feb-19 06:49:27

Morning mick, gaga, all.

It's a little cloudy but mild in North Leicestershire this morning.

Out for lunch with 2 DDs, 2 dgds and Wolfie before Dd2 and girls go home.

Enjoy your days everyone!

BlueSapphire Thu 21-Feb-19 06:53:47

Good morning Mick and Gagagran and to everyone.
Grey and a bit damp in Northampton today.
Into town this morning to get some fresh veg and fruit on the market, a coffee and a mooch around the shops.
DS popping in this afternoon so I can tell him about my new will. Hoping that it will cover all eventualities. The solicitor was very particular about covering all possible circumstances.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Feb-19 06:54:13

Good morning again from Leicestershire.

Coffee with friends this morning then getting my Quooker installed this afternoon. Boiling water on tap!

Nanabanana1 Thu 21-Feb-19 07:08:47

Good morning all from Torbay, lovely view over the bay to Brixham sky and sea a hazy pinky purple hope it’s the promise of a nice day.
Off to look after 2 of my Grandchildren today, they lost their Mum six months ago ( my lovely Dd2) so we are very close. We will have some fun.
Good wishes for a pleasant day to all.

ScotinOz Thu 21-Feb-19 07:11:28

Hi everyone from a cool Sydney.

Was on my way this morning to have coffee with my friend. As she was not feeling so well this morning, I bought us takeaway coffee to drink at her house. Well, to cut a long story short, took a corner too fast and the car was covered in coffee!!!

Ended up at the car detailers instead. VERY expensive coffee ???

Take care everyone

1inamillion Thu 21-Feb-19 07:11:31

Good Morning. Getting light here on South Welsh Coast and double digits already.
Have a good trip Mick.
Have a good browse around the market Bluesappire and enjoy your family lunch Kitty.
I have a hot water tap dragonfly it's great.

Hope everyone has a good day and best wishes to all who are under the weather.

ninathenana Thu 21-Feb-19 07:12:53

Good morning everyone.

Dull start here in Kent. We will have no power or gas a for 2 hrs at some point today. So flasks of hot water will be made and kindle and phone are fully charged.
DH will be out helping a friend so just DS and I.
Have a good day all.

1inamillion Thu 21-Feb-19 07:14:40

Nanabanana1, what a loss for you all. Enjoy your day with your grandchildren ?

oldgaijin Thu 21-Feb-19 07:18:15

Good morning all from a dreich and misty Aberdeenshire...there's a thick haar rolled in from the estuary. Yesterday's visit to the oncologist went well...sadly, she is moving on but I don't have to see her successor 'til April and as long as I look and stay well, there will be no more chemo.
It's a day for staying in so shall continue to explore my newly acquired Alexa. I feel so daft talking to a machine. She can play the bagpipes and Jimmy Shand but knows s.f.a. about opera!
Have a good day everybody.

Urmstongran Thu 21-Feb-19 07:24:44

Good morning everyone from South Manchester. It has got light so rapidly as I boiled the kettle for a brew. The sky now has streaks of vivid pink in the distance over the Pennines which are visible. I can see a plane, tail lights blinking, coming in to land at Manchester airport. I like watching them as we are not on the flight path (so no noise).
The planes disappear or appear from behind a line of trees in the distance as the airport is only 10 miles away.

No plans again today (nice) so think I will read the last 80 pages of Michelle Obama’s autobiography. And maybe book a pedicure for this afternoon.

Hope we all have a good Thursday.
nanabanana ?

Greyduster Thu 21-Feb-19 07:26:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am watching the most beautiful sunrise in South Yorkshire - going to be a nice day. GS is here for another energetic, fun packed day?‍♀️! He is bringing his new golf clubs. Hope I don’t have to caddy! Have a good day, folks!

Mapleleaf Thu 21-Feb-19 07:35:39

Good morning,
Yes, it’s a beautifull sunrise, isn’t it, Greyduster?
I’m glad it’s a fine day as I’ve got to take my car to the garage for it’s service and MOT this morning and then walk home. It’s over a mile, so better done in dry weather!
Going out for a meal tonight so looking forward to that.
Hope you have a decent day. ?

Willow10 Thu 21-Feb-19 07:43:22

Good morning all. The birds are very vocal in E. Northants this morning! Hoping for a really nice day as I'm picking up granddaughter and her two children to go the the local lakes and adventure park. I'm very envious of those of you with views of the sea! Enjoy a good Thursday everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 21-Feb-19 07:56:22

Good morning from a mild but cloudy Black Country.

A walk this morning with my U3A walking group, then we usually have a coffee afterwards.

Nanabanana1 my heart goes out to you flowers enjoy your day with your lovely grandchildren.

Marydoll Thu 21-Feb-19 08:03:22

Good morning all, it's a bit grey here in Glasgow, but 12 degrees, so I'm not complaining.
I was woken in the early hours by a message from my friend, complete with a picture of her new wee grandson. He is gorgeous.
Bits and bobs to do today, before we pick up DGD at nursery.
Her mum is on a late tonight, so I suspect my children will be popping in to see her, (and looking to be be fed!)
Nanabanana1, flowers
oldgaijin, glad you got good news yesterday.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

NanKate Thu 21-Feb-19 08:07:34

Morning Mick and All.

Light clouds in South Bucks.

Preparing to take all but the kitchen sink to our DS and DGSs tomorrow for a long weekend, plus all the food. I would love to pack light but DH takes the approach of taking things ‘just in case’ ?

I wish our DGSs lived close to you Greyduster as ours are both turbo powered. They could chase around and wear each other out, instead of us !

Nanab ?

Have a lovely lunch Kitty.

cornergran Thu 21-Feb-19 08:11:58

Morning Mick, morning All from a dry, cloudy corner of Somerset. Need to restore order after yesterday’s happy family day then may carry on with some general organising. With luck Mr C will restore the shine to our very dirty car. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 21-Feb-19 08:13:10

Good morning, early post for me. Dull in east London so far. Off to help at local food bank shortly (my first time) then lunch with the family and hopefully a walk in the woods after. Have a good day.

Brunette10 Thu 21-Feb-19 08:17:15

Good Morning from a dull and damp Fife, however it won’t matter as I won’t be out the door again today. This awful cold and sore throat has really floored me. Find it difficult to sit still and do nothing but I’ll have to try hard. I know this will go away eventually so I count myself lucky. Hope the day is good to everyone.

Sar53 Thu 21-Feb-19 08:27:20

Good morning everyone from a very bright and sunny Essex by the sea. I got home yesterday in about an hour and twenty minutes so not too bad. This virus is really wiping me out, nearly two weeks now and no signs of going away.
Have to take my car in to have a small repair carried out. Car verses pillar in the local shopping centre . I am so annoyed with myself !!! DH will follow in his car to bring me back. I then need to go and do some food shopping, DH needs to go to work in London. This afternoon I mean to do nothing but curl up on the sofa.
Have a good day everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 21-Feb-19 08:29:18

Good morning All x
Signs of a decent day, so quiet but for the birdsong---beautiful. You can certainly feel the milder weather approaching, what a treat. The Mersey is like a millpond.

Thoroughly enjoyed my few hours yesterday with D and step-daughter, we had a good laugh with an enjoyable meal-----wish it was every day.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

gillybob Thu 21-Feb-19 08:31:00

A late good morning from the NE coast where we have a beautiful sunny morning.

Have a good day everyone .

farview Thu 21-Feb-19 08:40:49

Good morning all...four grandchildren all day so a fun walk planned
Nannabanana1 ?xx