Gransnet forums

Chat

Random Acts of Kindness

(7 Posts)
B9exchange Fri 22-Feb-19 23:50:12

Arrived at the supermarket trolley store to find no £1 coins in my purse. A lady returning her trolley offered it to me, and when I confessed I couldn't refund her £1 she insisted I keep it. Only a small act, but it does gladden your heart.

Coming back from a long haul overnight flight, exhausted and just wanting to get home, the train pulled in to the far platform, which has no lift to the bridge to get to the exit. A young man took a look at our huge, heavy cases, grabbed one in each hand, and ran up the stairs, across the bridge and down the other side with them. I could have kissed him, but he grinned at us and rushed off!

kittylester Fri 22-Feb-19 21:35:46

A woman paid my supermarket bill for around £6 when I realised my purse was at home. I have done a similar thing a few times since.

Jalima1108 Fri 22-Feb-19 21:24:38

I gave someone the money for parking the other week in town - he said he'd do the same for me if we ever met again!

On the receiving end - a lovely young man at Heathrow carried my luggage up a flight of stairs as the lift and the escalator were out of action - thank you whoever you were!

Greenfinch Fri 22-Feb-19 20:43:20

When my GC were at primary school there was a scheme called" caught doing the right thing".If a child was spotted carrying out a random act of kindness their name went up on a board in the entrance hall with a description of their deed. I liked the idea.

PECS Fri 22-Feb-19 20:19:06

If we all tried to do something everytime we were out it would cheer us all up!

Grammaretto Fri 22-Feb-19 19:41:31

A similar kind bod helped me out in a multistory car park in another town recently. The machine was cash only or phone this number.
I tried to phone the robot voice but was asked for my car number. It wasn't my car, it was DD's parked too far to read . Time was passing and I was getting very stressed as we needed to get to an appointment with 2 DGC including a buggy....
A lady offered to pay cash saying she'd been in receipt of similar help another time.
I am so very grateful. Thankyou kind lady.

Telly Fri 22-Feb-19 18:24:03

Read about this the other day - doing small things for others. Good idea I thought, but not actually had the opportunity to do something. However today in a car park with AC and GS and we just could not get a car parking ticket. Didn't have the right change, card payment went through, then decided to cancel the transaction. Went to try our luck at a different machine, when we had to admit defeat. Let another lady use the machine, she asked if we had finished and I said yes, as we had not got any money. She purchased her ticket and then gave me £2! I was very grateful obviously. It was only later that I wondered if she thought I meant we hadn't got ANY money, as opposed to not having sufficient change. We had been beach combing and possibly looked a tad scruffy. Anyway still very grateful to this lady!