Gransnet forums

Chat

Put it In the bin (bit of fun) put your pet hates in the bin

(211 Posts)
calamitycarrie Tue 26-Feb-19 22:01:49

If you could put something in the bin
What would it be ?
I’ll start
Being called love by a shop assistant who is 30 years younger than me !!
IN THE BIN

KatyK Sun 03-Mar-19 17:51:09

I would put people who assume in. For instance, when I was out with my sister (who is 9 years younger than me), we met someone my sister knew who looked at me and said to my sister 'this must be your mum'. No I'm not her b****y mum. Wait to be introduced before you speak. It ruined my day.

KatyK Sun 03-Mar-19 17:18:35

Oh yes Danni I've had that one too. I think 'Didnt I just say that?' Most annoying.

NotAGran55 Sun 03-Mar-19 17:11:56

Middle lane hoggers on the motorway.
Totally oblivious to the rest of the traffic , even when they are overtaken and the car them moves to the inside lane .

I would love to stop them and as ask why they are doing it as it must be a conscious decision.

MaudLillian Sun 03-Mar-19 16:14:46

People smoking walking along the road! Hard to avoid their noxious fumes.

nuttynana Sun 03-Mar-19 14:53:37

Starting every sentence with SO .
So my hobby is Knitting So I am married to Fred .
Also "bless you " seems to have become a patronising and meaningless response to anything you say . The young Seem to be using say it all the time . As in " sorry I'm late " "Aw bless you "
"I' ve just murdered my husband" "Aw bless you "

Wheniwasyourage Sun 03-Mar-19 14:42:01

People who toot their horn at me when I am walking along. Even if I am facing them, I usually can't see through the tinted windscreen who they are, and if they toot at me from behind, they might need to rescue me from the tree I have shot up into. I have decided that nobody I know would be so rude as to toot rather than wave, and am becoming quite good at ignoring them completely (even the surprise ones from behind).

Bridgeit Sun 03-Mar-19 11:19:59

Brexit!

DanniRae Sun 03-Mar-19 10:21:47

Bellanonna - well said! angry

Bellanonna Sun 03-Mar-19 09:29:52

I agree Danni, and what is worse you make a suggestion, someone else repeats it, and a third person comes along and says what a good idea the other person has just had. I sometimes feel invisible!

Growing0ldDisgracefully Sun 03-Mar-19 09:25:18

I agree that self service checkouts belong in the bin. At our local Asda yesterday, peak shopping time, only 5 of 13 checkouts were staffed, queues backing up at these and people trying to 'self-serve' huge shopping trolley piles of food. Ridiculous! Apparently Asda have cut the number of staff, and the staff are forbidden from using the staffed check-outs when doing their own shopping. I did ask one of their managers if I was going to get discount for doing their jobs for them and was rewarded with a dirty look!

DanniRae Sun 03-Mar-19 07:31:31

In Marks defence whenever I get problems with a self service till there is always someone nearby to come and help me.

Something else that annoys me happens on Gransnet - someone posts a problem and asks for advice then poster after poster comes on and suggests the exact same answer to the problem. Grrrrrrrrr!!

Rufus2 Sun 03-Mar-19 03:17:35

infuriating self service checkouts.
I avoid them like the plague. Too many women in them, screaming and tearing their hair out An orderly check-out queue is much more civilised and encourages intelligent conversation. grin

Larissa67 Sun 03-Mar-19 02:54:06

KatyK..yes indeed those infuriating self service checkouts. If you see a woman shouting at one in Marks, who seem to be forcing them on us, it'll be me!

Mapleleaf Sat 02-Mar-19 23:27:48

Ditto, lemongrove. It’s so easily done, isn’t it?! ??

Jalima1108 Sat 02-Mar-19 20:23:13

Why don't they use the easy peel ones
I was told to deter people who may change a label for one with a lower price!!
Honestly - it was a problem apparently, according to the lovely girl in our nearest TK Maxx!

Day6 Sat 02-Mar-19 19:17:42

Oh I've another one!

TK Maxx and price labels!!! Grrrr!

Why don't they use the easy peel ones? Everything in TK Maxx is reduced, supposedly so price labels abound.

I bought a beautifully wrapped bar of soap for a friend as a gift for when I stayed with her, knowing she prefers soap bars. By the time I had scraped off the label there was a black sticky mark left behind and I had damaged the beautiful wrapping in trying to pick off the label. I couldn't give it as a gift because it then looked 'reduced', and damaged. Every item for sale is the same, so be warned!

Sandra1958 Sat 02-Mar-19 18:45:55

Mine would be being called dear or my dear

Ukulele28 Sat 02-Mar-19 15:09:31

People who say "hey" instead of hello...big bin needed!

madmum38 Sat 02-Mar-19 14:41:38

For anyone having problems getting pills from packs you can ask for a dosset box or blister pack. Mine get made up this way as it makes it so much easier than messing with all different boxes and of course not so much waste for the bin

madmum38 Sat 02-Mar-19 14:03:28

What really bugs me is when I pay for something (I use a wheelchair) then the change is given to my daughters with a sympathetic smile ??

BlueSapphire Sat 02-Mar-19 09:39:54

People saying 'haitch' instead of 'aitch'.

lemongrove Fri 01-Mar-19 22:19:58

boat....grin that’s one way to avoid forgetting again.
Actually I once forgot (at night) to put my lights on, as I was driving out of a well lit car park, but a passing motorist flashed his lights at me, thank goodness.

Totaldogsbody Fri 01-Mar-19 21:56:52

Anything that says "New Improved" it never is and inevidently means something you loved is now something you'll never buy again?

boat Fri 01-Mar-19 21:42:43

lemongrove

I have had my car lights on all day since the embarrassing evening when I was stopped by the police at twilight because I had forgotten to switch them on (they were quite nice about it).

Framilode Fri 01-Mar-19 17:55:26

People at parties, meet ups etc who never ask a question. They want to talk about themselves non stop. I am polite and will ask gentle questions to show an interest. After about 10 minutes I am screaming inside ask me something. Occasionally they do and you can see the eyes glaze over after the first couple of sentences.

Also people who put no effort in at supper parties. I have always been taught you have to sing for your supper.