Gransnet forums

Chat

Michael Jackson

(137 Posts)
Lily65 Fri 08-Mar-19 11:19:25

When the Saville revelations came out, I avoided for my own wellbeing and I will do so with this.

One thing which I wonder though, is why are his children white? Genuine question, not trying to cause trouble.

Teetime Fri 08-Mar-19 11:25:40

Weren't his children adopted?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Mar-19 11:50:37

All his children have the same Mother who is white. Allegedly they are his biological children by AI.

There were rumours which both parties at the time refuted that Mark Lester was in fact their Father.

crystaltipps Fri 08-Mar-19 12:04:07

Let’s face it, whether we like his music or not, Michael Jackson was weird. This must have been connected to his disfunctional childhood, plus the fact he was so wealthy he could afford to live out his fantasies.

MissAdventure Fri 08-Mar-19 12:06:40

I understood that they aren't biologically his children.
Saying that though, one of my exes is half caste (his preferred term before anyone pounces) and his daughter has long, straight, blonde hair, pale skin and green eyes.

EllanVannin Fri 08-Mar-19 12:15:59

A white and a coloured person can produce the same in children. One of each colour.
Jackson's two boys are darker than their sister so it's not impossible for him to be father of all three.

MJ was an oddball but the case against him is debateable.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 08-Mar-19 13:17:15

I haven't watched the documentary and have no intentions of doing so.

I keep thinking of how his children are suffering at the moment, I only hope they are getting love and support within the "Jackson Clan" which appears not to have been afforded to MJ.

Grandma70s Fri 08-Mar-19 13:49:51

What mainly amazes me about him is why anyone is interested in him. He’s absurd and ridiculous. I can only laugh incredulously when I see him. What is the matter with people’s taste if he is any sort of star?

As for the gossip, we have no way of knowing whether any of it is true or not.

BlueBelle Fri 08-Mar-19 14:15:26

But you must remember Michael Jackson was FULL black not mixed race his biological children would have some colour in them even if it was just olive or tanned skins His children especially the first two were completely white with straight hair The last one who he seemed to like to dangle over balconies did have darker hair but no black features at all Michael bleached his skin to get the mixed race look

Having watched the documentaries on these last two evenings I now see him as almost equal to Jimmy Saville he was a preditor who groomed small children for his pleasure whilst playing the benovalent playful manchild who loved all children It s pretty obvious he badly damaged the two men who featured in the docu and the other two children one with a medical condition whose cases were thrown out of court and probably MacCauly Culkin too who has lived a very messed up life although he denied anything took place as did the other boys which they would, as they loved him and would have done anything for him

Lily65 Fri 08-Mar-19 14:23:01

Heaven only knows what horrors have gone on.

I never liked him or his music. Strange isn't it that he had such adulation.

Willow500 Fri 08-Mar-19 14:33:45

I loved his music back in the early days. I have watched most of the two documentaries over the last two nights and have been horrified at what he did to those children. We watched the previous one done some years before his death and I felt he was very misunderstood - now I just think he was a very sick perverted person possibly damaged by his own upbringing but that is no excuse. The boys mothers seem to have been very naive and no doubt taken in by all his wealth and fame.

It is very sad for his children to hear all this about their father.

humptydumpty Fri 08-Mar-19 14:41:48

I'm amazed that there are people on here who don't feel that Michael Jackson was an amazing artist, both musically and in dance.

Apparently one of the 2 accusers, when staying with him, said when they woke up during the night he was huddled in a corner crying. I feel his childhood led to a very unhappy person, who may have remained emotionally a child in an adult body..

KatyK Fri 08-Mar-19 14:49:49

I watched part of the documentary. What on earth were the parents of those boys thinking?

M0nica Fri 08-Mar-19 15:08:54

He could have fathered children without ever having to have physical contact with the mother.

Paedophiles, whether famous, like Michael Jackson and Jimmy Saville or your everyday neighbourhood variety, are very careful and clever in who they target, checking out not just the child but the whole family set up. Most of his targets came from unsophisticated families, not on the bread line, but not far above and he love bombed the whole family and dazzled them with his wealth.

I find it difficult to believe the parents could have been so unaware, but I think they were. Frankly I wouldn't have let my children anywhere near a man like him, like Saville, he always struck me as being a very peculiar and unsavoury person.

I'm amazed that there are people on here who don't feel that Michael Jackson was an amazing artist, both musically and in dance

As for his music, when he died and they kept playing his music on the radio, I recognised none of it and none of it stayed in my mind. I could say the same as the above about Beethoven or Mozart, but I realise that one person's amazing music is another persons noise.

Anja Fri 08-Mar-19 15:10:25

Sorry, but watching these documentaries it seems very possible that people are lying. I’ve been watching the body language and I’m not in the least convinced.

KatyK Fri 08-Mar-19 15:15:04

I didn't know what to make of it to be honest.

BlueBelle Fri 08-Mar-19 15:29:41

Anja having worked with abuse survivors for ten plus years I disagree I don’t think they were lying I think they were so overpowered and groomed by this rich playmate that they would have done anything for him The parents were also groomed and completely under his influence One father committed suicide the whole families were broken
There was nothing at all to indicate they would have jepodised their birth famïlies and their new families to lie about something that happened all those years back and to open up all their wounds

M0nica Fri 08-Mar-19 16:06:25

There were always rumours floating around about Michael Jackson, even I knew about them and I have zilch interest in pop music.

It was no different, from the way rumours floated around about Jimmy Saville, and while rumours are neither facts nor evidence. The persistence of them around both men and the knowledge that Michael Jackson had reached legal agreements with the at least 2 boys over their relationships with him, does add corroboration to what is coming out now.

Anniebach Fri 08-Mar-19 16:17:44

Why did he pay vast sums of money for silence

Namsnanny Fri 08-Mar-19 16:34:53

I’m not very well educated nor I think very worldly wise, but both js and mj always looked guilty as charged back in the day to me.
I was lucky I had very sensible upbringing I think.

paddyann Fri 08-Mar-19 16:54:06

A court found him not guilty .these men spoke FOR him not against him in that case. Money is the only reason they are back in the spotlight
.Michael Jackson was without doubt one of the most talented artists of his time and beyond .His "odd" appearance in his later years is attributed to him trying to wipe his fathers features from his face ...the father who physically and mentally abused him and used him as a cash cow. He was a sad ,damaged boy and man ..but he's not here to answer the allegations so we shouldn't judge what we cant possibly know .

overthehill Fri 08-Mar-19 17:45:23

I've watched most of this just bit more to see.

I wouldn't say the two men came from 'unsophisticated families' they seemed pretty well spoken.

I believe MJ is indeed a paedophile and treated them exactly as they mentioned.

MJ I've come to the conclusion was a very skilful manipulator. He had a penchant for little boys, but needed a cover to help him achieve his end. He built up a persona of the boy in the man's body. He loved to play, he liked childish things eating popcorn, watching cartoons.....having sleepovers. The vulnerable public along with the boys parents were taken in.

If you take Jimmy Savile he used the same MO. In his case became a fund raiser, help sick children, run marathons, raise much needed cash for hospitals. While all the time he was abusing kids behind closed doors.

I thought it quite relevant when these cases came up against JS, Rolf Harris and Jim Davidson.

JS and RH both supposedly pillars of the community. RH helped his local neighbourhood loved animals etc. Both putting on a front. When it came to Jim Davidson, he never pretended to be anything other than what he was, a rampant womaniser, but he proved he was no paedophile and the case was dropped.

Sadly we must never assume because someone is famous, they are beyond reproach

KatyK Fri 08-Mar-19 17:50:41

If those two men were making it up, they were pretty convincing. One of them showed diamond rings Jackson had bought him. If he was after money, maybe he would have sold those by now.

Sparklefizz Fri 08-Mar-19 19:52:55

I am in tears watching these men in this film and the state they are in! How could anyone disbelieve them? My heart goes out to them.

BlueBelle Fri 08-Mar-19 20:14:58

I totally agree it’s a very cynical soul who thinks they are not telling the truth