Gransnet forums

Chat

Looking for a recent quote from here

(9 Posts)
Auntieflo Thu 14-Mar-19 18:54:11

Apologies if this is very vague, but fairly recently I read a lovely quote, and now cannot recall it, or find it, or where to start searching.
It was a piece on faith, prayer, and God being always there for us, but not always knowing of it.
I am not explaining myself very well, but if anyone can remember who posted it, or could replicate it for me, I should be extremely grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Doodle Thu 14-Mar-19 21:56:00

auntieflo I have tried looking on a few threads to see if I could find anything that might be the quote you are looking for but can’t find anything. I hope someone can provide the answer for you. In the mean time, I know this is not what you meant but I am reading about the Beatitudes at the moment during Lent. Today’s reading is from Romans and might help.
For I am certain that nothing can separate us from his love: neither death nor life, neither angels nor other heavenly rulers or powers , neither the present nor the future, neither the world above or the world below - there is nothing in all creation that will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is ours through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Auntieflo Thu 14-Mar-19 22:03:10

Thank you Doodle. That is a lovely piece, and I am so mad with myself for not keeping a note of the words I am looking for.
Hoping it will come to light, soon.

cornergran Thu 14-Mar-19 22:12:43

auntiflo was it the post by panache in soops kitchen on 11 March, at 11:11 - I think hmm?

Hope you find the words you seek.

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Mar-19 22:32:01

There is this quote on a thread about Lent:

He knows I find it hard to believe in his existence and is quite understanding about it. If at any time I change my mind, he says, he'll be there, as in fact he is anyway.

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Mar-19 22:33:30

It started:
God and I have this agreement
then continues as above

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Mar-19 22:34:25

www.gransnet.com/forums/chat/1258690-Lent

sorry, I can only do one copy and paste at a time.

Auntieflo Fri 15-Mar-19 07:46:01

Jalima1108, Yes, you found it for me, thank you so much.
Sometimes I just need these little helpers along the way, and I will note it down.
But what I really needed it for, was to try and explain to a friend how I feel, and a bit of why.
Not doing a great job of explaining myself again, but I hope you get the gist.
Thanks again for the detective work, and why didn't I think of the Lent thread?

Jalima1108 Fri 15-Mar-19 09:39:02

I remembered it from a recent thread and thought it was very apt for me, too!

Glad to help, Auntieflo and it prompted me to look for it again smile