Gransnet forums

Chat

A dreadful event in Christchurch

(207 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 15-Mar-19 04:01:23

I m listening to an awful incident unfolding in NZ a mass shooting on mosques in Christchurch. Multiple deaths including children the perpetrators have put live video footage of people being shot and killed on the web
It is reported to be a white Supremacy massacre, only one shooter has been captured

What a sad sad day for the world

Gonegirl Mon 18-Mar-19 21:09:33

Was answering BradfordLass

Gonegirl Mon 18-Mar-19 21:11:55

Actually can't remember who or what I was talking to. Not going to argue on this thread. It's not about me.

Mycatisahacker Mon 18-Mar-19 21:15:43

I do believe in souls gonegirl but I too cannot believe anyone apart from a pure evil soul shoots little children or teenagers.

I can’t concive any person shooting a toddler! I just can’t. Pure pure pure evil

Jalima1108 Mon 18-Mar-19 23:02:26

Gun laws here are strict and you cannot just walk into a shop and buy one.
BradfordLass - I did think that the gun laws in New Zealand were tighter than those in Australia but it was reported on our news this evening that they are not. The laws were tightened up in Australia considerably after what happened at Port Arthur.
I think your gun laws will be subject to rapid reform according to the BBC news here.

moggie57 Tue 19-Mar-19 00:24:24

It is so sad that a human being thinks it's ok to kill Muslims because of religion.I would love world peace and no hatred towards other people of other cultures

absent Tue 19-Mar-19 23:23:16

There is a misleading piece of information on this thread which I feel should be corrected. Mike Bush, Christchurch Police Commissioner, has just said that police arrived at the scene of the massacre last Friday in 5 minutes 39 seconds.