Gransnet forums

Chat

YODEL

(30 Posts)
Chewbacca Thu 04-Apr-19 23:32:32

The Hermes lady who delivers in my area is brilliant. Always puts parcels in the agreed safe place and a note through the door to tell me. A neighbour wasn't so lucky when Yodel were supposed to deliver his monthly parcel of craft beers though. They emailed him to safe it had been left with a neighbour at number *. Needless to say the neighbour hadn't got it and the craft beer hasn't been seen since.

SueDonim Thu 04-Apr-19 23:27:48

My Dh is now on very good terms with the pleasant young Eastern European girl who delivers our cat supplies via Yodel. She even offers to take the heavy box to wherever we want it, though we're not that feeble yet!

Tuppnce Thu 04-Apr-19 23:15:08

No problems with Yodel or Hermes and the lovely Mr P Singh from DPD who brings my dog’s frozen food is fast becoming an old friend!

maryeliza54 Thu 04-Apr-19 23:10:19

MN sometimes has threads on Yodel where the general consensus seems to be they are the work of the devil. ??

annodomini Thu 04-Apr-19 23:04:46

No, that's not an instruction!
I expect many other gners have had deliveries by Yodel. This week I ordered some plants from Thompson and Morgan which were delivered today by a Yodel courier. the first I knew of it was an email to say that the package had been delivered to a safe place and that a note had been put through my door. All of which was a pack of lies. I have a notice on my front door telling couriers where to put parcels when I'm out - a large green chest beside my back door. I found it on the back doorstep in the pouring rain. I had not heard the courier knocking and there was no note through the door. The package was soaked through but fortunately the plants were in a plastic bag .
This is the second time I have been dissatisfied with Yodel though other couriers, such as Hermes, have always done a good job. I have yet to contact Thompson and Morgan to recommend that they change their courier service!
Has anyone else found Yodel to be useless?