Gransnet forums

Chat

This was funny

(12 Posts)
sassenach512 Sun 07-Apr-19 19:35:10

I love it when older people 'do their thing' without caring what others think. 'Young at heart' is my motto too, we've earned the right to be daft whenever we like, it keeps us young smile

KatyK Sun 07-Apr-19 18:58:25

The lady of the couple I mentioned above likes heavy metal. I have seen her head banging to that!

crazyH Sun 07-Apr-19 18:51:46

Can't comment because I have no partner to grind with - but enjoyed the vivid description ??

callgirl1 Sun 07-Apr-19 18:45:06

My husband and I (does that sound too regal?) were never really into dancing, neither of us was much good at it. But we always got up for the last waltz, shuffling round the floor, me with my arms around his neck, and him with his arms around where my waist used to be, loved the last waltz, especially if it was Plonglebert Hunky dunk singing The Last Waltz.

phoenix Sun 07-Apr-19 18:19:43

Just a thought, is there an age when you should change your dancing style?

Say for example you used to do the twist, or that fingers in belt,head to each side, shoulder move thing that went with certain types of music?

Then, you are suddenly of an age when this is wrong! You must learn how to waltz, foxtrot, quickstep etc, even though previously you had no idea of how to do them!

52bright Sun 07-Apr-19 17:52:24

Haha. Good for them. They enjoyed themselves and probably lifted others and made them smile as well.

EllanVannin Sun 07-Apr-19 17:43:47

This is no different to what you see on holiday so why not at the village hall or wherever ? It's called letting your hair down. Good for them and marvellous exercise too. You can't beat a bit of bumping and grinding in your 70's.

KatyK Sun 07-Apr-19 17:36:24

We have friends, a couple, who are almost 70. They dress and look exactly as they did when we met them in 1970, same hairstyles, everything. They do outrageous dancing too. They couldn't give a monkeys and are amongst the happiest people I know.

sodapop Sun 07-Apr-19 17:32:47

And we are surprised - why ?
As MaggieM said good for them

Maggiemaybe Sun 07-Apr-19 15:46:31

I'm guessing strong drink may have been involved? I hope they don't feel too bad today!

Or perhaps they are just brave as you say, and don't care what the rest of the world thinks? Good for them in that case!

ninathenana Sun 07-Apr-19 15:44:56

.... behind her his font to her back and his arms around her

ninathenana Sun 07-Apr-19 15:43:36

Firstly, I am not saying that anyone shouldn't do what ever they feel like at any age.
However, it made DH and everyone near us chuckle last night when a couple in their 70's took to the dance floor and proceeded to 'bump and grind' with at various times him dancing up clos
Brave or what ??