Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s Kitrchen,a refuge and sanctuary for genteel folk

(1001 Posts)
Panache Sat 13-Apr-19 17:37:34

A place of great warmth,caring,and understanding,where love flows daily.

Charleygirl5 Sun 14-Apr-19 15:16:52

Swanny what a delightful young man- I did laugh when I read what he said to the fellows. He has been very well brought up!

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Apr-19 15:32:30

I know I said I was giving GN up for Lent but feel really out of things,
So here I go 12 Hail Mary Berry’s for a wee lapse.
I was away all of last week looking after Flynn whose Mummy and Daddy flew out at crack of dawn to the Milan Interior Design Fair where SIL had been commissioned to produce a piece. They came home on Thursday afternoon /evening and I am relieved to say all went very well. He scooted ?? to nursery/pre-school on Tuesday and Wednesday and then I spent the day with youngest DD and Otis, accompanying them to a hospital check up and on Thursday my Sis in law joined me as I was afraid I might be on my knees by then!
I came home on Friday, frankly shattered or even knackeroonied but I survived. We had no meltdowns, no inconsolable tears for Mummy, even at bedtime (just a few because he decided his Hairy McLairy bedtime story was sad) and no disturbed nights although I admit I didn’t sleep much!
Oh the responsibility though ! ???
I have of course come back with the mother and father of all colds and am mainlinng the Berocca.
TOYA especially Annsixty and Luckygirl whose travails seem to be worse than ever.
xx

Greyduster Sun 14-Apr-19 15:52:35

Good to see you back, Maw! Gosh, GS loved Hairy McLairy and his friends (so did I!).

Just had word that my Son in Law has crossed the line in the Paris Marathon - his first full marathon. We’re very proud of him! GS is over the moon!

cornergran Sun 14-Apr-19 16:19:54

Nope greyd I definitely didn't send germs your way, or to mawb come to that, as they are still here. Diminished but still with me, that sort of head full of cotton wool stage which doesn't bode well for tomorrow. It will be fine, these two can at least get themselves a drink when they want one. smile

Oh how I know that feeling of responsibility mawb, so much greater than when our two were little. Our Littlest is a demon on a scooter, scares me witless while his parents simply smile benignly. I'm trying to relax while the demon whizzes about, haven't quit managed it yet grin

Love the sound of your grandson swanny, says it like it is.

You're brave n&g. Hope the boys can be un-stuck in time to eat. smile

Before I forget, hello anniebach, lovely to see you, please chat away with us.

Apologies, still no cake to bring. I am reliably informed that Tuesday is baking day here, wish me a clear head and lots of luck, if anything is edible I will bring it along.

TOYA and take care everyone.

Willow500 Sun 14-Apr-19 16:21:35

Someone locked the door on the old kitchen so when I came out of the naughty corner everyone had gone and I had to pick the lock with a hairpin to escape.

I have continued to read daily though and think of all of you going through such sad and traumatic family/health problems and am sending good wishes and peace to all.

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Apr-19 16:35:12

Good to see you back Maw and Annie. Pleased you survived your babysitting duties Maw. I have never done it alone - I had the help of the other Granny!

Soop pleased the inflammation is disappearing - you need to be fit for the next round! I have never been to a car boot sale so full of admiration - I reckon we could fill the whole field with our rubbish.

Panache fingers crossed your buying and selling are in sync this time round - I am sure you would manage so much better in a smaller place with a warden.

Pleased to hear your DH is recovering well syn I hope he will be home soon - he sounds amazing.

And ann so sorry to hear of your latest setback. I have a friend in a similar position to you who suffers from vertigo. I am sure it is brought on by stress. Please take care of yourself at least they are being kind in the hospital until another bed turns up.

TOYA flowers

kittylester Sun 14-Apr-19 17:09:33

We have the fabulous Persie here overnight. Unfortunately, I've just bashed her round the head with a bread board! Not intentionally! blush she's now wearing my sheepskin earmuffs to 'make it feel better'. She won't let me take a photo!

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Apr-19 17:24:16

kitty grin

soop Sun 14-Apr-19 17:35:18

Marydoll Tyke! I most certainly did not lead you astray. It was your idea to go searching for that Father Christmas. I did warn you that it would end in tears a phantom pregnancy. shock

Swanny Thumbs up to your dear grandson. Manners maketh the man...

Greyduster What a thoughtful gesture. How lovely to return to a home-baked chicken pie complete with crusty initials. No chance of one taking the lion's share. Clever thinking.

NanaandGrampy You are doing what you do best...giving your grandchildren the very best of memories for when they grow up. Lovely!

I am logging off. It is time to read the Sunday paper. MacSporran has baked a heavenly smelling loaf. May be forced to sample the crusty end-bits asap.

My thoughts are with you all. I shall return tomorrow.

TOYA smile moon

soop Sun 14-Apr-19 17:35:53

kitty grin

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Apr-19 17:43:15

Sadly Flynn’s other granny has Alzheimer’s, Dragonfly and now that SIL is back from Milan he has moved into his parents’s house for the rest of the week to look after her to give his father a break. sad

1inamillion Sun 14-Apr-19 17:56:23

Hello Maw and Annie welcome back to you both.
My that pie looks good.
So glad your inflammation is diminishing Soop
Well done to your son-in-law Greyd he'll sleep tonight I should think.
Hope all those with colds will feel better soon.
TOYA

Mamissimo Sun 14-Apr-19 18:31:25

doing Dot and dash after a very busy weekend. My sister came to stay but got the train to completely the wrong place because she was reading her book.....wrong line, wrong town...almost wrong county! Long drive to rescue her. ☹️

Our DGd was christened this morning and we had a lovely day. It was the first family party my DD has hosted and she slightly over catered....so help yourself to quiche, coleslaw, sausage rolls, lemon tarts and Jemima Puddleduck cake.

Sorry, no fizz left.......??

Susan56 Sun 14-Apr-19 19:03:23

Beautiful picture Mamissimo,love the Christening gown.
A quick visit from me too as we have Matilda staying for a few days,I’m sure she will enjoy a piece of Jemima Puddleduck cake.She has decided she can’t go to bed as Peter Rabbit is going to come when she is asleep and eat her up??‍♀️we are negotiating terms and it looks like papa is going to have to keep guard all night against toddler eating rabbits.
I hope all under the weather feel better tomorrow and thinking of everybody going through difficult times.Sending strength to you all.

annsixty Sun 14-Apr-19 19:30:45

Lovely photographs of a beautiful baby and such proud parents Mamissimo
My H has just arrived at the community hospital.
Getting settled in and I am asked not to visit until late morning/ early afternoon.
Such a difficult day, but then, they all are, as many of you are experiencing yourselves.
TOYA

kittylester Sun 14-Apr-19 19:39:51

Lovely photo mamissimo. I'd love some cake.

That Peter Rabbit is well known for eating toddlers, Susan grin I hope you get some sleep.

soop, glad the inflammation is retreating. Keep us posted about all you medical visits.

Well done to your Sil gd, that is quite an achievement.

Following my previous post, Persie rang her mum to say good night and told her about my misbehaviour with the bread board. Dd asked her if she had been a little dramatic about it. 'No,' said Persie, 'I was very dramatic!'

kittylester Sun 14-Apr-19 19:40:17

Forgot to say TOYA

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Apr-19 19:56:27

kitty Persie sounds a real character. That really made me chuckle.

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Apr-19 19:57:43

Maw that is very sad to hear but your SiL sounds like a lovely caring person.

MawBroonsback Sun 14-Apr-19 20:01:28

He’s a “keeper” Dragonfly smile

cornergran Sun 14-Apr-19 20:02:58

I’m with Persie kitty, drama definitely required grin

Good to hear your husband has finally been safely transferred ann after a more than difficult day for you, please try to rest now, you will see him tomorrow.

Lovely image mamissimo, such proud parents with their beautiful daughter.

Would carrots be a suitable non-toddler attraction for Peter Rabbit Susan? Wishing papa a rabbitless night smile.

Rest well everyone, TOYA.

Anniebach Sun 14-Apr-19 20:21:53

Hello lovely friends x

Reading of Peter Rabbit reminded me , my elder daughter and son in law asked me if I would like to name their third baby, only condition from son in law was I didn’t choose
Angharad. I chose the name of a Welsh heroine, when she was four this little person said with a frown ‘grannie, why did you name me after a duck’ I had named her after
Jemima Fawr ?

dragonfly46 Sun 14-Apr-19 20:32:28

annie I love Angharad! Love Jemima as well!

Anneliese63 Sun 14-Apr-19 21:02:08

Ann So glad your DH is finally at the community hospital. Sending love at this difficult time.

Lots of humour today, especially from those with very special GC. And I love the christening pic Mamissimo. It looks like the christening gown may be a precious heirloom, I still have my own christening gown and a beautiful shawl.

TOYA to all my friends in Soop’s kitchen. thanks

Mamissimo Sun 14-Apr-19 22:19:57

Anneliese sadly Mim was too large to wear any of our old family gowns as she is a year old. Her gown came from Next and we thought it was lovely. My own superfine Shetland shawl, which was knitted by my DM, was used to keep her warm so we did have some old family links.

anniebach I hang my head but who was Jemima Fawr? My own heritage is Irish and your heroine is a new name to me.

To all kitcheners TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion