Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s Kitrchen,a refuge and sanctuary for genteel folk

(1001 Posts)
Panache Sat 13-Apr-19 17:37:34

A place of great warmth,caring,and understanding,where love flows daily.

soop Wed 15-May-19 12:56:44

I also like Lina

callgirl1 Said hello to David this morning. GP organising an xray on my knee. Have a knee brace to help support the joint. Leg "folds" without as much as a by your leave. hmm

Last night's sunset was marvellous. Here is a pic that I took to share with you lovely lot.

Nannytopsy Wed 15-May-19 13:29:50

Poor Soop, what a state to be in. I hope things get better soon. I am back at eye casualty (2 hrs and counting...) with my scratched eye. I do want to get it sorted before I go away!

soop Wed 15-May-19 13:32:32

Nannyt Good girl. Let us know the outcome please. smile

soop Wed 15-May-19 13:34:50

We were also visited by five deer. By the time I had the camera ready...there was just the one...

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 14:27:24

soop please be very careful, if your knee gives way without any warning and you fall, you do not want the buggeration of a dislocated hip replacement as well as everything else.

You live in a lovely part of the world with 5 deer visiting. In London it is more likely to be mice, rats or foxes.

1inamillion Wed 15-May-19 15:01:02

The sunset was amazing, you are so lucky to live in such a wonderful place Soop with deer thrown in. Take care with your knee.

Hope the eye clinic sorts out your problem Nannytopsy

Greyduster Wed 15-May-19 16:05:34

Ah, Soop - story of my life! As soon as you have done all the twiddly bits with the camera, subject has exited stage left (not necessarily pursued by a bear, though!). Happened to me on Sunday with a squirrel who posed beautifully until almost the click of the shutter, and then b******d off! The Botanical Gardens used to be full of squirrels, but that was the only one we saw all day. I am sorry to hear about your knee - you don’t deserve any additional difficulties, goodness knows. Look after yourself.

NannyT I hope you get your eye sorted out. DH is up at our walk in eye clinic so often they are thinking of putting his name on a chair, but we are mightily grateful for the service. As someone said, eyes are precious.

DH had a tooth taken out yesterday and is suffering considerably at the moment. He is talking like a second rate ventriloquist, so I don’t see him making a second career out of that any time soon, even if I could be persuaded to sit on his knee with his hand up my back! GS asked him if he had the tooth and if so, could he have it to put under his pillow. We told him no, the dentist didn’t offer it, and anyway, the tooth fairy would definitely have been wise to that one!

It is hot and sunny with a slight breeze that is not taking the edge off it, so my gardening plans are postponed until this evening. I am now keeping company with a coffee and a fresh cream doughnut, trying, in my head, to compose a letter to DH’s youngest brother who phoned from Australia to tell us he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am hopeless on the phone, and DH is even worse, but I hope I can put into words how we both feel. It is Sod’s law that all the people who need our help most are too far away for us to give it.

callgirl1 Wed 15-May-19 17:19:58

So sorry to hear about your BIL GreyD, is there treatment available? A friend had his sorted by an operation, but has had waterworks problems ever since. IN hope that your poor hubby doesn`t have to suffer for too much longer, bless him.
Soop, do take care when out if your knee is so unpredictable. Love the deer photo, I`m so envious of where you live!
Nannytopsy, I hope they`ve done something about your eye by now.

callgirl1 Wed 15-May-19 17:20:42

I, not IN!

soop Wed 15-May-19 17:24:33

Charleyg You forgot to mention feral cats! grin We are both fond of foxes. Heven't seen one hereabouts. We do see an otter on occasions. It uses the wee burn that runs down to the sea shore. MacSporran did take a photo some time ago of a deer with antlers and the otter both on the beach opposite our home.

Nannyt Hope that you have good-ish news for us.

Greyduster You hardly ever fail to make me chortle about something or other. This time, I chortled when I read about your grandson's remark regarding your husband's tooth. Hoping that your husband feels a whole lot better as the hours pass.

A fabulous day. Very warm and sunny and almost breeze-free.

I shall log off until tomorrow. During which, we shall possibly be preparing for the opening of yet another kitchen.

Note to all our resident bakers - cake will be much appreciated. grin smile moon

Doodle Wed 15-May-19 18:07:49

Quite happy to share a gene with you and ann greyduster ?. Glad you don’t mind Lina. It would be a good name though ?
soop please take care of your easy fold leg! Be very careful and hang on tight to Mc Sporran
GD my DH had prostate cancer many many years ago. There is a lot that can be done these days so hopefully your BIL will find his is treatable (my DH is fine by the way and no waterworks problems. Options have improved considerably since he had his op)
Yes another new kitchen is due soon soop. I will being an offering from Waitrose or M&S....wouldn’t want to poison the kitcheners with one of my baked offerings ?

Izabella Wed 15-May-19 18:10:15

Still around but a bit foggy and very tired. TOYA.

Marydoll Wed 15-May-19 18:34:58

Will Mars bar cake do? It's the only thing I can muster the strength to make just now. ?
Izabella good to see you.
Prayers for those with sorrow and ill health.

kittylester Wed 15-May-19 20:13:08

gd, dh has prostrate cancer. His is the slow growing 'old man's' variety which is a watch and wait one. I hope it is the same for your bil.

Izabella, always good to see you.

1inamillion may I call you lina too? I think I may have already! blush

As you know, marydoll, cake of any description is fine by us. Take care.

Any news topsy?

soop, I'm sorry about your knee. Life is full of buggeratiins.

I hope corner had a lovely post birthday celebration.

Anyone missing ANY squirrels, please feel free to collect them from our garden.

We have had Wolfie today - he didn't like it!! Hes at the stage of missing his mum. Qe walked miles round the village to get him to sleep and dh and I are both totally knackeroonied!

If you move kitchens before I get back, please leave a trail.

TOYA

Doodle Wed 15-May-19 20:23:49

Izabella nice to hear from you. Please keep posting if you can. We are all thinking of you.

Doodle Wed 15-May-19 20:26:03

? I will leave you a trail of chocolate bits kitty. Just scoffed a large snickers bar.?......feel a bit sick now ?

annsixty Wed 15-May-19 21:18:31

I posted earlier but it seems to have disappeared.
My hope was that the next kitchen is a much happier place than the last one has been, so much sadness, mine included , and so much serious ill health.
We must all pray for happier times for us all.
TOYA

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-May-19 21:26:16

Just popping in, have been reading but not posting (have been slightly obsessed with the political threads, no idea why as I always come away battered and bruised, should have learnt my lesson)

Soop please take care, we need you in the kitchen.

annsixty I echo your post for the next kitchen.

TOYA??

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 21:46:21

Please can we not be genteel in the next kitchen.... it makes me want to clasp Grampy to my bosom and faint ....??

Just passing through , but I will pop into the new kitchen but I agree with anns post, I’m hoping the same as you and that all those with worries, pains or sadness all feel a little better x

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 21:50:52

I could not agree more! Is there anybody around to finish off this kitchen?

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 21:53:12

Who is starting the new kitchen ?

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 21:55:03

You and me?

NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 21:56:49

Lol ippy dippy dation , my operation , how many people at the station ?

Charleygirl5 Wed 15-May-19 21:59:45

Fire away!!!

cornergran Wed 15-May-19 22:08:45

Evening All. It was a wonderful day, thank you for asking kitty. Weather just right and a peaceful space, good for the soul. I’ll try a photo or two, not so sure if the quality though

I’m sorry you’re worried about your brother in law greyd. I’m sure your letter will express exactly what you want to say, you write from the heart. I sympathise with your husband, had a wisdom tooth out in December, please don’t tell him but it took three months to heal properly, it did stop hurting after two weeks so not as bad as it sounds.

Oh dear soop, you don’t need more health hassles, please try to stay upright. nannyt eyes are indeed important, hope today has been reassuring.

Yes, ann, completely agree

My feet feel as if I’ve walked 10 miles today and Mr C has an unreasonably early appointment with the vampire at the. surgery tomorrow, so off to bed soon, TOYA everyone. Be good.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion