Gransnet forums

Chat

Caught in the Act!

(60 Posts)
Anja Tue 16-Apr-19 15:13:56

When I last had a skip I put up a BIG sign saying

‘Take OUT whatever you want but please don’t put anything IN’

sunseeker Tue 16-Apr-19 15:13:24

They were embarrassed - if I didn't have so much to get rid of I would have let them put their stuff in but as it is there may not be enough room for all my rubbish!! I would have no problem with anyone taking anything out!

Namsnanny Tue 16-Apr-19 14:37:27

Urmston..grin and half of a broken lavatory...there’s alwayone of those!!!

Urmstongran Tue 16-Apr-19 14:25:57

Bet they had planned to dump a mattress on top!
?

Namsnanny Tue 16-Apr-19 14:22:32

I’ve taken something out of a skip before now but NOT without asking home owner first!!
Funny isn’t it we get hot under the collar if people put unwanted things in....and if they take unwanted things out!!!
I suppose it’s all about ownership and having the good manners to ask first.

sassenach512 Tue 16-Apr-19 14:16:10

Flamin cheek! some people have no shame, I hope you gave them short shrift sunseekerangry
I suppose you're lucky you didn't find a rusty old Reliant Robin in it though!

ninathenana Tue 16-Apr-19 14:15:52

Some people have no shame.

On the other hand, last time we had a skip we caught someone taking stuff out and loading his car !

Namsnanny Tue 16-Apr-19 14:11:21

We’re they red faced sunseeker?

sodapop Tue 16-Apr-19 14:10:37

What is it with people that they feel entitled to use skips paid for by others. I hope your neighbours were suitably embarrassed sunseeker

sunseeker Tue 16-Apr-19 14:02:03

As I am planning to downsize I have been having a good clearout. My lovely brother in law came on Monday to clear the garage (DH was something of a pack rat). A skip was ordered and half filled before he had to go home, planning to come back in the next couple of days to finish.

I left home this morning to go shopping, on the way I realised I had forgotten something so turned around and drove back home - only to find two neighbours halfway down my drive with arms full of rubbish which they intended putting in the skip - they had obviously waited until I had left the house! I pointed out I still had lots to put in the skip and didn't have room for their rubbish as well!