Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(43 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 17-Apr-19 07:47:27

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. It looks as if it has been raining all night.

Off to get bloods done and BP checked, as I start my new medication. It means fortnightly checks for the next year. sad
What little free time I do have seems to be disappearing fast!
However, I will try and squeeze in a little bit of retail therapy as well! grin

BlueSapphire, I am so envious of your trip. My first ever trip to Germany was at seventeen on a school exchange trip to Nuremberg. It started a lifelong love of Germany.

Good luck to all those looking after grandchildren, I'm recovering from yesterday's visit!

Justme67 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:46:32

Good morning everyone, the sun is shining, and the forecast seems promising, so perhaps some good gardening weather is here for a few days. I have my gardener, coming today to discuss getting the garden tidy, it was neglected whilst my husband was not well. Had a lovely morning yesterday chatting with friends over coffee and cake. Enjoy your days.

Susan56 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:44:34

Good morning fromShropshire,looks like it’s going to be a better day weather wise today.
Mum,DD2,SIL and little B arrive today.They are booked into a local spa hotel not far from our house.We are happy to have them here but mum likes the hotel life and as she is too frail to go on holiday now,she likes to stay in this hotel if DD and family stay too.They will come here for some meals and we will join them some of the time.
Kitty,good luck with childcare,we will just have one year old B today,will manage with the two of us!Am full of admiration for you and Gilly looking after 3 and 4 respectively.
Mick,we loved Mary Poppins returns.
Blue Sapphire,enjoy your trip down the Danube,its spectacular.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Wed 17-Apr-19 07:38:11

Do you go up the Danube or down? ?

Pittcity Wed 17-Apr-19 07:33:29

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Forecast to reach 17° later....what to wear?
Into town for weekly Coffee meetup this morning.

Sar53 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:30:14

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. It looks like being a lovely day. I'm off to the opticians this morning then packing for my trip to DD1 in Leamington for Easter. DH is off tomorrow to the South of France to spend a week on his friend's boat, I'll be doing his packing too !!! He gets his clothes out and I pack his suitcase.

Urmstongran Wed 17-Apr-19 07:29:00

Good morning everyone from another sunny Malaga. No particular plans today but it is lovely just pleasing ourselves as to what we do or don’t!

You sound as if you’re enjoying your holiday BlueSapphire which is great.

It’s a friends birthday today in Manchester I must call her later this morning. Hope Wednesday is good to us all. x

Brunette10 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:26:36

Good Morning from a dull Fife. I believe it's to get better though. BlueSapphire - your journey sounds wonderful, are you on a River Cruise? Have DGS's again today but not sure what we shall do yet. Hopefully get out in the garden. Hope todays good for everyone.

gillybob Wed 17-Apr-19 07:25:21

I hope you continue to enjoy your trip up the Danube Blue Sapphire it sounds brilliant..... there goes that music ? ? again .

1inamillion Wed 17-Apr-19 07:14:28

Good Morning from a sunny S Welsh coast.
DH going for a blood test and a blood pressure check this morning.

BlueSapphire Wed 17-Apr-19 07:14:09

Good morning all, from another sunny day in Prague!
Just about to pack as we leave Prague today and drive to Nuremburg to join our boat on the Danube.
Had a great walking tour of Prague yesterday and a fun evening at a folklore restaurant with traditional Czech food, music and dancing.
Hoping the weather stays fine.

gillybob Wed 17-Apr-19 07:13:30

Good morning from the NE coast. It’s a bit of a misty start but the sun is just breaking through.

We have just got the Mary Poppins DVD for the grandchildren who loved the original Mick . We haven’t had chance to watch it yet and will save it for one of our special movie nights. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Good luck with your childcare kitty you will sail through it ! I had 4 yesterday (13,11,9 and 11 months) it was as chaotic as ever but everyone survived (although the poor house breathed a sigh of relief when they all went home) .

We pulled a couple of overgrown shrubs out of DD’s garden last weekend Gaga (planted in the wrong places) and it’s not an easy task is it?

It’s a short week this week and a long weekend ahead although I still have childcare on Saturday and Monday for the baby so there won’t be too much relaxation.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday x

Gagagran Wed 17-Apr-19 06:54:00

Morning all!

It was misty when I got up at 5.30 but the sun is now coming up, here on the south coast and it is definitely much milder. I think we are in for a lovely day.

We did a major shrub removal in the garden yesterday so that I could relocate an obelisk and despite DH's initial misgivings, he now agrees that it looks much better. (It won't be long before he claims it was his idea!). The root took a lot of getting out and I could never have managed it. Thankfully he is still very strong at nearly 77.

Looking forward to choir this evening and the first full run through of the concert programme. Our MD has taken out some of the pieces we were struggling with so it should be less stressful.

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

Sara65 Wed 17-Apr-19 06:45:04

It’s like riding a bike Kitty, trust me, you’ll be fine! Have a lovely day

cornergran Wed 17-Apr-19 06:36:23

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy, dry corner of Somerset. Certainly do wish you luck kitty, I have confidence, you’ll be more than fine. Recovery day here today, little planned other than a bit of post child cleaning. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

kittylester Wed 17-Apr-19 06:31:50

Morning mick, ginny, everyone.

It's cloudy here in North Leicestershire but not cold.

I have DD3's 3 children this afternoon. It's about 40 years since I had sole charge of a baby and 2 children. shock Wish me luck.

Ginny42 Wed 17-Apr-19 06:23:51

Morning Mick, is it that time already? Just tweaked the curtain and peered out, it's a murky morning in Cheshire.

Hoping the forecast for a brighter day is correct after yesterday's rain. Meeting some friends and their GC at a park with big climbing equipment for older children and taking a picnic.

12Michael Wed 17-Apr-19 06:13:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light, but with a foggy start here in Brackley this morning.
watched the Mary Poppins returns DVD last night it was brill.

Quiet day to today , watching cycling on TV latter , think will do laundry this morning.

Mick