Good morning Easter Sunday!

(38 Posts)
Marydoll Sun 21-Apr-19 07:07:39

Happy Easter all from a hazy Glasgow.
Mick enjoy your mystery weekend.

Have a lovely Easter Day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sun 21-Apr-19 18:40:45

Hello again,
Yes the garden centre was closed when we got there and will reopen tomorrow, so we’ll go then. ( Luckily, it’s not far away). There is another one that is open today, but closed tomorrow, though we didn’t bother going there, we decided to come home instead and we spent a lazy afternoon enjoying our garden and relaxing.

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 21-Apr-19 18:07:49

Happy Easter all. Blue skies, lots of chocolate and a nice cuppa. Bliss brew

BlueSapphire Sun 21-Apr-19 13:57:45

Happy Easter to all from a beautifully sunny Vienna. Had a wonderful walking tour of the city this morning (with time for an Aperol spritz at a pavement cafe in the sunshine!)
Going to a concert tonight and hopefully plenty of Mozart and Strauss.
Being well looked after on the cruise and had a lovely birthday yesterday with candle and cake.
Internet connection is very intermittent but thankfully back on today.
Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather.

Harris27 Sun 21-Apr-19 12:57:03

Happy Easter family coming around so will have to get sorted lovely day in NE England! Enjoy everyone!

LuckyFour Sun 21-Apr-19 11:03:52

Morning all and Happy Easter to you. Lovely morning here in our small village near Exeter.

I'm not dressed yet, been watching horrid news from Sri Lanka. My heart goes out to all those affected by this.

Legs55 Sun 21-Apr-19 10:30:02

Happy Easter every-one from sunny Devon, another glorious day down here. All stores/shops over a certain size have to stay shut today, unfortunately this affects Garden Centres, somebody didn't think that one throughhmm

Have a lovely day whatever you're doing, I'm staying home to avoid all the traffic heading for the Coast or Dartmoor, sitting in my garden is more appealing than sitting in a traffic jamgrin

Nanah67 Sun 21-Apr-19 09:45:27

Happy sunny Easter to you all. The sun is out making it a glorious weekend. BBQ yesterday great to see grandkids out playing. Turkey stuffed and in the oven for special lunch all family coming. Easter egg hunt later we have not all been together for Easter for 10 years and now have an additional 3 gc to join us.Have a wonderful day one and all.

Grammaretto Sun 21-Apr-19 09:37:08

Happy Easter to you all from the Scottish Borders where the sun is almost through.
We had our family get together yesterday so a restful day is called for.

Justme67 Sun 21-Apr-19 09:15:27

It is a beautiful morning here and my son is coming to lunch, so a happy Easter Sunday is what I am going to have, and I hope all those that are able do the same.

travelsafar Sun 21-Apr-19 09:09:48

Such a beautiful morning here today. Iam chilling at home today and pottering in the garden. Good Friday i was out with my sister and niece , then company yesterday afternoon, so catch up time at home today as out and about again tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone.

Anniebach Sun 21-Apr-19 08:55:29

Happy Easter to all x

crazyH Sun 21-Apr-19 08:51:52

Happy Easter to all on Gransnet, including admin. Thanks a lot. Have a lovely Sunday, whatever you're doing ..

Pittcity Sun 21-Apr-19 08:51:21

SNAP Gilly grin

Pittcity Sun 21-Apr-19 08:50:06

Is your garden centre open today mapleleaf? I thought it was the law for large shops to be closed on Easter Sunday.

gillybob Sun 21-Apr-19 08:49:03

I would have loved a trip to a garden centre today Maple but they are all closed in these parts (apparently they are not allowed to open on Easter Sunday ???)

gillybob Sun 21-Apr-19 08:47:15

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a very warm but hazy start to the day. After a busy day taking my dad shopping and working in the garden, DH and I cooked a lovely Seafood Fregola for our supper last night which I enjoyed with a couple of glasses of Prosecco (it is Easter weekend after all) .

I hope those lucky enough to be away on holiday continue to have a lovely time .

We are taking dad out for a curry this evening ( strange choice for Easter Sunday I know) .

Have a good Sunday everyone x

Mapleleaf Sun 21-Apr-19 08:41:09

Happy Easter to you all.

Another glorious day for us.
I’m going to church shortly, then will prepare the veg etc for dinner this evening.

We plan a visit to the local garden centre this afternoon to get some compost. Other than that, a lazy day!

Whatever you do, enjoy yourselves. ?

Ginny42 Sun 21-Apr-19 08:39:01

Happy Easter everyone. Lovely morning again in Cheshire. We had Easter early as my DD and GS came for a family Golden Wedding and flew home last night. GS was pleased to find that although he doesn't believe in the Easter bunny any longer he still gets eggs.

The fridge/freezer decided to pack up last evening so been up since dawn clearing it. I should have replaced it a long time ago so it's my own fault!

Have a great day everyone.

oldgaijin Sun 21-Apr-19 08:14:10

Good morning from Aberdeenshire. The sun is burning through the haar and it should be another glorious day. Yesterday's romp in the woods included five dog walkers sitting in a sunny clearing having a right good blether for about an hour, while the various mutts played happily...it's all very social!
Shall have late lunch for a change as am going to see 'Fishermans Friend' this evening in the local hall...the trailer looks quite funny.
Just waiting for the Sunday video call from Singapore...I wonder if the Easter bunny gets that far?
Have a great day everyone.

SisterAct Sun 21-Apr-19 08:06:59

Happy Easter to everyone and enjoy the beautiful weather ?

Urmstongran Sun 21-Apr-19 07:55:18

Good morning and Happy Easter everyone from a mild Malaga. I’ve just looked out the front door and there are dark clouds over the mountains so we will have rain later I’m sure!

Our next door neighbours fly out here this evening from Yorkshire. Such a lovely couple in late 70’s and great fun to be with so I’m sure we’ll be having a couple of scoops with them tomorrow!

Hope we all have a good day. x

Susan56 Sun 21-Apr-19 07:49:36

Good morning and Happy Easter fromShropshire.Another sunny day.
We are meeting DD1 and family,my mum and niece for lunch.DD2 and family went home yesterday,was so lovely having them here,missing them already.
Have a lovely day everyone.

Greyduster Sun 21-Apr-19 07:48:25

Good morning, Marydoll, and all GNs on this lovely Easter Sunday. The sun is well and truly up in South Yorkshire. DD et al are coming for lunch, but they are going for a bike ride first, and we will be eating late, so may manage to squeeze in a walk while the meat is cooking. Have a splendid day, one and all!

Brunette10 Sun 21-Apr-19 07:46:12

Happy Easter Sunday everyone! I hope you all have a great day. Sun is poking it's little head out here inFife at the moment smile

Merelina Sun 21-Apr-19 07:45:05

Morning all from not at all sunny Spain. On family holiday in only spot in Europe not under sun. However gc liking puddles in their 2€ plastic macs and parents and g parents the vino and parlla