Gransnet forums

Chat

The Easter Bunny

(15 Posts)
Willow500 Mon 22-Apr-19 06:36:12

BlueSapphire what a fabulous neighbour whoever it is!!

No eggs here but two chocolate bunnies sneaked into the trolley during the weekly shop so they've been enjoyed. We did have an ice-cream on the cliff top yesterday though smile

kittylester Mon 22-Apr-19 06:36:09

phoenix, that's the thought of thing that really niggles isn't?

BlueSapphire Mon 22-Apr-19 06:13:33

Send the creme eggs this way please! I love them!
My neighbour texted me (on my holiday!) to tell me that the mystery fairy has been busy again in our little close. Apparently everyone woke up to a Lindt chocolate bunny on their doorstep. At Christmas we all got a bottle of Prosecco, and a red rose on Valentine's. We have no idea who it is!

BradfordLass72 Mon 22-Apr-19 00:10:06

phoenix Has he learned nothing in 18 years?

Poor you sad

Deedaa Sun 21-Apr-19 21:42:34

Well the Easter Bunny had a bit of a hiccup in my house. I had some carefully selected eggs (Aldi but just as good as the expensive ones) and I've been keeping out in the porch which is the coolest part of the house. Family coming round today so I arranged them all on the dining table. DS, DiL and GS3 arrived and were given their eggs - all fine. 1/2 hour later DD arrived with GS1 & 2. I start handing out the eggs and find that they have melted into little pools at the bottom of their boxes! DD is threatening to spread the news on Mumsnet!

boat Sun 21-Apr-19 21:07:01

Hi Phoenix.

I get chocolate, to which I am allergic, at Christmas and cosmetics to which I equally have a bad reaction on birthdays. My family, whom I love to bits, seem to buy me what they would like to be given. It all goes to the food bank and hopefully cheers someone up.

Doodle Sun 21-Apr-19 20:29:57

Ahem.....if there is a cream egg going spare I am quite happy to dispose of it and take it out of circulation. I agree phoenix they are gooey and yucky and sticky and I always feel slightly sick after eating them ....but I still do. Send it this way ?

phoenix Sun 21-Apr-19 19:42:50

I know that in the grand scheme of things it's not important at all, I think the thing that's really pissing me off making me miffed is how wrong he got it!

Its not that I was hoping for a "luxury" egg, I'm actually rather partial to those mini eggs, you know, the ones with the crispy shell, and would have been very chuffed with one of those, but cream eggs! Bleurgh!

ninathenana Sun 21-Apr-19 18:46:44

Oh dear Mr. P a bit of making up to do me thinks smile
Shopping together on Good Friday shock I was asked to "Come and choose your egg" hmmm !
To be fair when I did, he asked if I'd like a larger one.
We've always exchanged eggs. I buy for AC too. GC requested pocket money as they really are not bothered about chocolate.

Telly Sun 21-Apr-19 17:42:34

Last year I told my husband that I didn't want one! He has learnt his lesson and has bought a lovely one this year............

phoenix Sun 21-Apr-19 16:53:21

No, nanaK54 the moment has passed!

It's not so much the egg (or lack off) but the fact that he got it SO wrong!

nanaK54 Sun 21-Apr-19 16:49:53

I think that you should go out on Tuesday and treat yourself to a lovely Easter egg smile

Gonegirl Sun 21-Apr-19 16:47:31

Apologies for that disgusting emoji.

Gonegirl Sun 21-Apr-19 16:47:03

You are better off without phoenix. From the woman who has just consumed a whole bar on Lindt, bar two squares. Sigh! ?

phoenix Sun 21-Apr-19 16:26:34

Hello all,

Well, Mr P was dropping hints that the Easter Bunny would be making a visit, I was quite excited, as in the 18 years we have been together, I have never had an Easter Egg!

It would seem that he has left it in his desk drawer at work sad

I asked him what sort it was, thinking Lindt, perhaps Thorntons.

He said "Cadburys" I said "yes, but which one?"

I was told "Cream Egg"

In the 18 years we have been together, I have never bought or eaten a cream egg, for the simple reason that I cannot stand the horrid, sickly things!

I know it's the thought that counts, but really!