Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Bank Holiday Monday

(42 Posts)
NanKate Mon 22-Apr-19 06:52:57

Morning Folks.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 22-Apr-19 18:12:54

A good evening to one all. Up and out very early, 7.45 to make the journey over to Wales so my husband could do his fell race whilst I had a gently cycle around on my new bike. He came in first for his age group, over 70, and was over the the moon. Back home now catching up on everything including much needed food.

crazyH Mon 22-Apr-19 14:31:43

Good afternoon all! Nankate , Sorry to hear of your friend's son.....too young to die xx

Rufus2 Mon 22-Apr-19 14:20:07

As usual, not going anywhere, doing anything, seeing anyone . Sooo boring.

Annie; C'mon! Perk up! You've got Fred for company and I'm sure you'll have a great time when you're better! My Freda is marvellous.

Btw; someone recently posed a question about naming Fred's shed, but I can't find a follow-up. Great idea! Can I suggest "Freddiebach"? smile

Saggi Mon 22-Apr-19 12:02:43

Morning everyone...gloriously sunny day in Bedford , and looking forward to a quiet day after feeding all the family yesterday.Have a good one all.

Happysexagenarian Mon 22-Apr-19 11:28:16

Good Morning All from the warm and sunny Isle of Wight. After a difficult day of IBS problems yesterday I am going to relax in the garden with a good book and some nice music, but no wine or chocolate sadlysad. Have a lovely Easter Monday everyone.

Legs55 Mon 22-Apr-19 10:30:31

Pittcity sending lots of sympathy, I'm a Hay Fever sufferer, tree pollen starts me off so mine starts early in the year, it's been unbearable recently despite prescription meds but I refuse to have windows shut/sit indoors etc. Hope yours improves.

Chilly start here in Devon & the sun is still fighting to get through the clouds. Might be better for working in the garden though.

Have a nice day all, whatever you are doing

Mycatisahacker Mon 22-Apr-19 10:28:39

Anniebach

That’s the beauty of gransnet you don’t have to leave the house to chat with anyone! grin

Mycatisahacker Mon 22-Apr-19 10:26:04

Morning all very hot and sunny in Worcestershire. Sat in the garden with a cuppa in the sun and a sleepy dog. Dh cooking breakfast. Nothing planned but maybe a stroll later, garden day.

The trees have seemed to grow their leaves overnight and all the rhododendrons are out. Perfect. Have a lovely day everyone

Hymnbook Mon 22-Apr-19 10:00:12

Good morning everyone. Another sunny day here in HuthwaiteNottinghamshire. The washing machine is on getting some winter clothes out of the way although according to the weather l may need them again come the end of the week.

Searcher60 Mon 22-Apr-19 09:53:53

Good morning from Bradford. I am having expresso and brioche in the sun streaming into my window before starting my day. It just does'nt get any better.

Irenelily Mon 22-Apr-19 09:33:22

Sun just breaking through in East Kent after a lovely family weekend. Meeting one daughter this morning for a clothes shop (maybe!) before she drives back to London. Then a day enjoying the sun - hopefully. We sometimes get sea mists that hang around. Have a good day everyone!

Pittcity Mon 22-Apr-19 09:31:26

Antihistamines have kicked in ?
Apparently there's a "pollen bomb" because the hot weather has come so early.

ayokunmi1 Mon 22-Apr-19 09:30:58

Happy Easter Monday from Middlesex.Perfect weather to wash and hang out duvets.
Joyous weather then back to work tomorrow

Have a glorious day all
Remember the reason for Easter.
Renewal.

Brunette10 Mon 22-Apr-19 09:07:55

Good Morning to all albeit a later one this morning. It’s gorgeous again here in Fife. Having an AwAy Day today in Edin. All ready now to leave for bus. Had day in garden yesterday and it was just beautiful. Happy to go out today. Sounds as if everyone is enjoying the sun. Hope today is good to all.

Anniebach Mon 22-Apr-19 08:59:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Sunshine in Powys,

As usual, not going anywhere, doing anything, seeing anyone . Sooo boring.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Annapops Mon 22-Apr-19 08:46:10

Good morning from sunny County Durham.
A restful day planned here today as with 14 to feed yesterday it was all rather hectic. I did love having everyone here though, with GC ranging from 18 to 2 years. Eldest GS is very tolerant, bless.
It's lovely having the garden back in use and paddling pool out too.
Reckon it will just be a couple of deck chairs today with some peace and quiet before GC duties resume tomorrow.
Have a happy day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:39:30

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. A nice quiet day here with no responsibilities.
Get well soon kitty and sympathies kate.
Look after yourselves.

Mapleleaf Mon 22-Apr-19 08:37:23

Good morning from another glorious morning here in South Yorkshire.

As some of you thought yesterday, the garden centre was closed so we'll go today instead. We came home from our short trip (!) and had a very lazy and enjoyable afternoon in the garden, sipping a presecco. Pure indulgence, but very nice.

After the garden centre today, we plan to go up to the nearby hall gardens for a walk around, then into the church in the grounds which is opening today serving tea and cakes.

I hope your cold soon improves, Kitty.
Sorry to hear about your friends son, Nankate - as others say, far too young. ?

Hope everyone is able to enjoy today.

Mamo Mon 22-Apr-19 08:35:21

Morning everyone from gloriously sunny Wicklow - we are also enjoying the heatwave in Ireland. Finishing off Kate Atkinson’s A God in Ruins with a cuppa by the open garden door. No sound except birds even beside usually busy road.... bliss! May drop DD to ferry port later as she heads back to London by ferry/train as she’s feeling guilty about air miles! Otherwise will sort through summer clothes to see what fits for work tomorrow. Have a good bank holiday everyone

aggie Mon 22-Apr-19 08:34:10

Good Morning All , another blue sky , as someone has daid , I could get used to this.
The fly screens are in the washing machine , why did we not wash them before putting them away !

Greyduster Mon 22-Apr-19 08:32:40

Good morning, Kate and all GNs. Something bit me on my ankle in the garden yesterday and it has been driving me mad all night! Another lovely day here and we were planning to go out for a walk today, but my DS’s Stepson has asked if he and his partner can call in this afternoon for a couple of hours on their way back to Bucks. It will be nice to see them. Other than that, a quiet day. Enjoy it all while it lasts folks.

1inamillion Mon 22-Apr-19 08:25:04

Good Morning from a sunny but windy S Welsh coast.
Sat in the garden yesterday afternoon,so warm and not a cloud in the sky or a breath of wind, beautiful.
No plans for today, will eat whatever's left in the fridge.

Hope your cold is better soon Kitty
NanKate ?

gillybob Mon 22-Apr-19 08:24:54

Good morning g from the NE coast. A beautiful sunny start to the day here. I love bank holiday Monday’s because it feels like I’m playing truant from “that place” . We’re looking after our baby granddaughter today and overnight as my DD is working today and tomorrow. The children go back to school tomorrow round here which seems strange but they have been off for 2 weeks and 2 days !

I can’t bear sleeping with the window closed Pittcity and have ours open all year round . It must be hard if you suffer from hay fever though. I hope your cold gets better soon kitty I just can’t seem to shake mine off at all and I’m sick of wheezing and coughing .
So sorry to hear about your friends son NanKate 44 is no age at all. Enjoy your mooch around the Garden Centre and your holiday in Dorset.
Enjoy your wine this afternoon Urmonstongran and the rest of your time in Malaga.

To everyone, I hope you have a good Bank Holiday Monday.....roll on the next one x

NfkDumpling Mon 22-Apr-19 08:20:50

Morning All

A beautiful sunny morning here in the north of Norfolk after a wonderful weekend.

Very hectic with all the family here and GC swopping houses as there’s no longer room for all here now that they’re growing. And I’ve got my iPad back for a couple of minutes before the first child wakes and pinches it again. They’re all exhausted!

Harris27 Mon 22-Apr-19 08:19:37

Good morning from a still sunnyNE. Pure bliss this weather dear family came yesterday we had lovely Easter tea and lots of laughs.plenty of reminiscing about our man who we lost three weeks ago. Although she was in a home we did miss her yesterday but have lots of sad and happy memories to keep us going. I am still off work so making the most of my last day of freedom! Apprehensive of going to dentist Thursday as lost filling is now snapped tooth!! Happy Monday all.