Gransnet forums

Chat

7pm and the Bra is off.....

(117 Posts)
Mossfarr Thu 25-Apr-19 19:58:46

Am I the only person who finds it too uncomfortable to wear a bra after 7pm?

I can wear it in comfort all day but for some unknown reason it becomes unbearable in the evening.

Bellasnana Fri 26-Apr-19 07:04:11

I’ve never understood this need to fling off one’s bra. Mine stays on, comfortably, until I go to bed. confused

Marilla Fri 26-Apr-19 07:07:15

I don’t wear a bra unless I’m going ‘out out’ and when I come home, it gets whipped off and put back in the drawer or laundry. ?

DanniRae Fri 26-Apr-19 07:12:29

So all you GNers who have told us that they keep their bras on till bed time PLEASE let us know what make of bras that they are wearing. Thank You!! smile

BlueSapphire Fri 26-Apr-19 08:09:07

Having been over-blessed in the bosom department, I feel most uncomfortable without a bra on and mine doesn't come off till bedtime. Not wearing one at the moment though as I am sat in my dressing gown having a first cup of tea, but about to have my shower then it will be back on again.
I tend to wear M&S though I did get a nice one from Tescos recently.

Humbertbear Fri 26-Apr-19 08:18:51

Can’t take my bra off. Would look awful and feel uncomfortable. I’ve even invested in nighties with built in bra - wish I’d done it years ago (Bravissimo for those who need to know).

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Apr-19 09:13:05

Being "over endowed" in the bosom department I feel uncomfortable without a bra.

Bravissimo or Rigby and Peller (R & P are expensive but last well)

silverlining48 Fri 26-Apr-19 09:21:04

Yes i wear can one all day but as day turns to evening I need to unhook and if I can’t remove. I often undo it while still in the car on the way home. Soooo uncomfortable.
I made my husband wear one once just so he knew how it felt. He understands now. !

CassieJ Fri 26-Apr-19 10:09:10

I have very large breasts, but I love taking my bra off! I don't get home from work until 8pm, and the first thing I do is to take my bra off.
Weekends, if I am home alone, bra doesn't go on. I can't imagine wearing my bra until bedtime.

Karanlouise Fri 26-Apr-19 10:17:56

I only wear one when I'm going out or think I might see someone other than DH.

Gonegirl Fri 26-Apr-19 10:20:01

DanniRae I wear this one Never occurs to me to take it off in the evenings.

Fugazi Fri 26-Apr-19 10:22:36

Hi DoraMarr - yes ladies do get injured by bra wires! It's an occupational hazard with bikers. I was knocked of my motorbike and had an injury where the end of the wire 'stabbed' me in the breast as I hit the ground. Fortunately that wasn't too serious, compared with my other injuries!

nettyandmasey Fri 26-Apr-19 10:24:55

Pjs on between 5&6pm if I ‘m at home. Bliss.

Kim19 Fri 26-Apr-19 10:30:44

DR regular Doreen for me. Pretty much an unnoticed and very comfortable item throughout waking hours.

Nvella Fri 26-Apr-19 10:34:50

Have never yet found a bra I am comfortable in. Take it off as soon as I get home. Have been measured everywhere from M & S to Rigby and Peller and have never found a bra I can stand whether I pay £10 or £70!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 26-Apr-19 10:35:33

Mostly I'm fairly comfortable but sometimes the band underneath digs in a bit. I became acutely aware of it when I was at the dentist a few months ago going through a lengthy procedure. Laying there with my mouth open wide I couldn't even grit my teeth (what was left of them!). It took my mind off the rest of the discomfort I suppose.

annodomini Fri 26-Apr-19 10:48:53

My problem is that I seem to have abnormally slippery shoulders. I have trouble finding a bra with straps that stay put - even the bras advertised as having 'non-slip' straps don't work for me.

whywhywhy Fri 26-Apr-19 10:53:53

I have hated them all my life! Mine is certainly off by 7pm and PJ's on. You are not alone. Infact I dont know any of my friends who enjoys wearing them either. My mam used to say that if we come back on this earth again she was coming back as a MAN! No bras! x

NotSpaghetti Fri 26-Apr-19 11:08:34

DanniRae I'm a "Prima Donna" fan. Always expensive (currently £40 in the sale at Figleaves) but could be 70- 100 otherwise. shock
BUT I can wear them all day and evening and fit me better than anything else. They keep everything in place with more style than most.
Would rather have my perfect bras underneath inexpensive clothes than struggle in ill-fitting underwear.
One of mine is maybe 6 years old and still in reasonable condition.
I do always hand wash them though.

NotSpaghetti Fri 26-Apr-19 11:09:27

annodomini - have you tried a racer-back style?

Stella14 Fri 26-Apr-19 11:12:10

Recently, mine is off when I am no longer going to be in ‘company’! If I am not going out and just gardening in a day, I garden with the boobs ‘running free’. I don’t think bras proved so uncomfortable when I was young (even though I had cheaper wired bras), maybe it’s to do with the tissue changing, but they have become a garment that I’m often bothered by!

hicaz46 Fri 26-Apr-19 11:15:58

I’m with blondiescot I don’t wear one unless I’m going out and even then sometimes in the winter when I’m wearing several layers I might venture locally without one.

Greciangirl Fri 26-Apr-19 11:19:03

Mine is of long before 7pm.
In fact I only wear one if I need to.

Don’t wear one at all if home all day.
I am not big busted, so don’t feel the need for one.
If I can get away without one, then I will.
Feel very restricted wearing one all day.

eilys Fri 26-Apr-19 11:34:38

Suffering badly from pollen count, bra makes breathing difficult so not wearing one, not good when you are 44dd no support but now I am folding arms and let them take the weight,must look a sight

driverann Fri 26-Apr-19 11:34:57

Our back garden is very secluded I often hang the washing out or bring it in, in the nude if you think how nice it feels without a bra it’s bliss with nothing on at all. My birthday suit is the best one I like to wear.

Craftycat Fri 26-Apr-19 12:04:24

I am just the same. I bought some soft sleep bras to wear in the evening- I am not comfortable without anything.
It only started about 6 months ago- very annoying although I notice that if I am out I don't notice it so I think it may be that I am slumping on my lovely comfortable sofa that is the problem.