Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Apr-19 06:15:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey wet start here in Brackley with some wind as well,Feels cooler as well.
Usual day bus to Buckingham and Bicester, hopefully weather will see flea market on in Buckingham.
Mick

Sprout Sat 27-Apr-19 10:46:25

Good morning all from very windy Kent. Raining and even the dogs don't want to go out. Hope everyone has a good relaxed weekend that's the people who are not working of course.

Mrsh60 Sat 27-Apr-19 10:12:54

Good morning everyone from a windy Co. Fermanagh Very windy night but hopefully will clear up later. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend x

EllanVannin Sat 27-Apr-19 10:08:42

Good morning All x
Blowing a hooley ? here from the Irish sea with all four Oleanders strewn at the front in their pots sad
I certainly won't be going far today---I'd be knocked off my feet ! What a change from last weekend.

I was hoping to hear good news from GS re. my other laptop but not as yet. Mind you he does work all hours so I shouldn't be too impatient. I have to sign-in all the time with this old laptop but never mind it works in fits and starts. You really miss these things when they don't work !!

Hope all is well with everyone and stay safe if in this wind/gale ( Hannah )

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 27-Apr-19 09:42:02

Good morning from east London, grey and drizzling here. Have been up since before 6, reading last Saturday’s paper and generally faffing about. Now feel a bit thick headed. Will pop to the library to collect a book later on, I need the walk if nothing else. Have a good day.

Starry123 Sat 27-Apr-19 09:39:18

Good morning, we are on the south coast and it is very blowy today with huge waves! we have had one of our granddaughters here for a couple of days , she is being picked up about 12 so normal life will resume!

aggie Sat 27-Apr-19 09:20:46

Morning All from a very windy and wet Co Armagh , the tulips are dipping and bowing to the wind , I am amazed that they aren't flattened

CherylMoon Sat 27-Apr-19 09:09:57

That’s meant to say back from holiday!

CherylMoon Sat 27-Apr-19 09:09:21

Morning everyone. Crumbs you’re early risers! I’m back for holiday in Bournemouth, which was fun but very tiring. I’m resting today!

It’s horrible here yet it started so nicely. Grim grey and overcast which I believe is the start of something that’s in for the day.

Have a great day, everyone!

harrigran Sat 27-Apr-19 09:01:18

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Just arrived home after being in A&E since 5am. Woke at 3am with terrible chest pain, decided not to call an ambulance so we took the car. ECG, x-ray and two lots of blood tests showed I had not had a heart attack nor did I have another blood clot in my lung. I am none the wiser and have come back to bed to rest but feel so guilty for dragging DH out of bed when he is having treatment too.
Getting old sucks.

BlueSapphire Sat 27-Apr-19 08:58:28

Good morning all from a windy and damp Northampton.
Not much planned for today except a visit to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription; realised on Wednesday that I would be out of tablets by tomorrow so hastily got an online order in.
The cats came home yesterday and will not leave me alone! Thankfully they do not seem to have got the hump this time. Obviously they do not know, but they will be back at the cattery in 6 weeks!
Have a nice weekend to all.

cornergran Sat 27-Apr-19 08:56:05

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s certainly blowing in our corner of Somerset but it seems the rain has passed through. Little sleep, usual pains kept me awake, so a quiet morning for me while Mr C retrieves garden ‘stuff’ then out for lunch in the cafe at a local nature reserve. May need weights in our shoes grin. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:55:30

Good morning from a cold NE weather forecast or good, son and hubby off to last home match of the season at Sunderland heaven help me if the result not good! Looking forward to tomorrow lunch out then theatre on night seeing illegal Eagles! Housework today and Boring stuff. Hey ho have a nice Saturday all.

Anniebach Sat 27-Apr-19 08:53:55

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Heavy rain forecast.

Fencing finished , dogs raced around and around,

Hope everyone has a good day x

Justme67 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:52:07

Good morning to you all, windy out there, and a rather cool sun trying to break through the clouds, don't think it is going to succeed today, as rain (badly needed) is forecast.
Had a really bad night last night, finally fell asleep at 1.30, but a really deep sleep for two hours after that. Neighbour doing the shopping, so I can wra[ myself round a cup of tea. Enjoy your days.

DoraMarr Sat 27-Apr-19 08:36:33

God morning from a cloudy and windy Birmingham. I’m going to London for my grandaughter’s second birthday party, which will be held at a city farm, so I’m not sure what to wear. I’m staying overnight in a hotel too, so need a change of clothes for Sunday. Decisions decisions.....
I hope today is a good one for everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 27-Apr-19 08:27:05

Morning all from a dull and wet South Notts. No gardening today I fear. Just self indulgent laziness. Maybe a bit of housework to show willing.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Pittcity Sat 27-Apr-19 08:22:19

Good morning from a grey, windy Colchester. Our neighbours tree was heavy with blossom, now it looks like it's snowing. We had a day of rain in the week but the garden could use more, the water butt is almost empty.
Quiet day here and out to a birthday party tonight.

oldgaijin Sat 27-Apr-19 08:20:56

Good morning from a damp, grey Aberdeenshire.
The mutt had a fab day with a friend yesterday and came home exhausted. I spent the entire day at the hospital doing nothing and came home exhausted.
Should get scan results next week at oncology clinic.
Am laying low today so shall binge watch something while taking up trouser hems.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Sat 27-Apr-19 08:09:16

Its raining!

ninathenana Sat 27-Apr-19 08:02:38

Good morning everyone.

We have the wind here in Kent but no rain yet.
No plans to go anywhere. I will do some cleaning then settle down with my jigsaw.
Have a good day all.

Alygran Sat 27-Apr-19 08:00:50

Good morning from a grey and breezy North Yorkshire. Back yesterday evening from Easter holiday looking after DGS in Derbyshire.
My garden needs some serious tidying up but first I must go and get some food shopping.
Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday.

Brunette10 Sat 27-Apr-19 07:56:35

Good Morning from Fife. It's been heavy rain but at the moment dry but I'm sure we are in for more rain. At least we do not have the Storm that's hitting Wales. think I have broken a rib, in agony. Don't know what the day will bring. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sara65 Sat 27-Apr-19 07:51:30

Windy, dull and cold in the West Country, a quiet weekend ahead to catch up with all the household chores! Thrilling!

labazsisslowlygoingmad Sat 27-Apr-19 07:49:58

cold wet and windy in grey Tenbury Wells. i am working all day so will be glad to get home and shut the weather out.

gillybob Sat 27-Apr-19 07:49:45

Good morning from the NE coast. It’s a lovely bright but breezy start but forecast rain later, which I hope is much later as DH and I are spending the day at DD’s and hopefully getting the garden almost finished. All the sand and paving etc. Is being delivered this morning and we hope to get as much done as possible . Ever the peacemaker DD has put a note through Mrs Happy and her boyfriend Mr Angry’s door to warn them that we will be using the back gate and the empty bay today but we will be as quick as possible unloading etc. I hope they can see sense and don’t try to cause trouble as I really can’t be bothered with them, just want to get the job finished so DD and baby granddaughter can enjoy their garden at last.

I’ve coughed and wheezed all night long again so haven’t had a great deal of sleep. It’s so much better during the day but terrible at night. Can’t beleive it’s been going on for so long it’s driving me mad.

You paint the most delicious picture of Malaga Urmonstongran I confess to being a teensy bit jealous. Hope the good weather continues for the rest of your holiday.

A crucial match for my DS and DGS’s beloved Sunderland today so I shall be keeping my fingers crossed for them to win.

Have a good Saturday everyone, whatever you are doing.

Don’t us gransnetters always “behave ourselves” beechnut ? hmm

xx