Gransnet forums

Chat

I have heard...

(221 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Mon 29-Apr-19 22:05:56

...for what it's worth, from an electrician who was working at Windsor Castle, that MM had her baby yesterday and it's a boy.
I pooh-poohed the news but he said that he overheard a footman being told by a woman in the room next to one where he was working.
He said Harry being at the Marathon must have been to put people off the scent as the couple said publicly that they would not make any announcement until several days after the birth.
It remains to be seen whether he's telling the truth...hmm

MiniMoon Tue 30-Apr-19 09:38:36

I was an elderly prima gravidae at the age of 31. Nowadays that seems quite young for a first child.
I hope all is well with the Susseses, baby boy or not.

annodomini Tue 30-Apr-19 09:40:27

Psst! I have heard, from a reliable source that there's a young woman about to give birth to Harry and Meghan's baby. Yes - believe it or not, she's a surrogate and they have her stashed away in a chalet in Windsor Great Park. Megan's 'bump'? inflatable.

BradfordLass72 Tue 30-Apr-19 09:42:31

Yes, it's twins and here's the couple looking after them.

polnan Tue 30-Apr-19 09:52:56

yawn.. why am I even reading your posts. smile

Wobbles Tue 30-Apr-19 09:54:03

? ?

FarNorth Tue 30-Apr-19 10:01:47

There was no need for any further posts on this thread, after the OP gave us the news!
Thanks, GG.

NanaSuzy Tue 30-Apr-19 10:11:39

Enjoyed this thread! Meghan who???

breeze Tue 30-Apr-19 10:18:11

I know this to be true as I have it on good authority from someone who was standing on the other side of Windsor Great Park when they heard Meghan mid labour shriek ‘Arghh. Ow, ow, ow. And if you and your royal tackle come anywhere near me again I’ll chop it off’.

My reliable source then witnessed Harry hurriedly leaving shouting ‘Well I’m off to watch the marathon then’.

So it is true.

smile

Gagagran Tue 30-Apr-19 10:40:20

Her Majesty the Queen is reported to have visited them yesterday so there might be a chance that it was to see the new baby. Seems a bit near B-day to go and take a house warming present.

Grammaretto Tue 30-Apr-19 10:47:28

Why aren't the Sussexes in Sussex?
I'm too confused.
I love your photo of the twins BradfordLass that's neat, as they say in America.

Grammaretto Tue 30-Apr-19 10:49:20

Reported by whom? Gagagran
Do you have a reliable source?. It wasn't on any news I listened to.

Witzend Tue 30-Apr-19 11:05:45

Well, let's just hope it's a boy or a girl, whenever it arrives and whenever they choose to tell us. Not that I am overly bovvered at all.

BTW I was down in my notes as an 'elderly primigravida' at 28!
To be fair I was way older than all the other mums on the ward at the time.
How things change - dd had her two at 38 and 39.

Gagagran Tue 30-Apr-19 11:06:15

You sound a bit peremptory there Grammaretto!

It was reported in the Mail online today. If you choose to doubt that, it's up to you.

breeze Tue 30-Apr-19 11:49:18

If it's in the Mail it must be true smile

Framilode Tue 30-Apr-19 11:52:58

Im shure this must be true. We herd it from the purson whose never rong about anyfing. Im bored of wayting now.

Oldwoman70 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:56:22

The report I read said the Queen visited them over Easter weekend as she wanted to see them in their new home before the birth of the baby. Personally I have very little interest in when the baby is born or what she has - I just wish for both mother and child to be well, as I would for any new parent.

knickas63 Tue 30-Apr-19 12:24:00

I actually suspect this is true. Will be interesting to see, if only out of curiosity.

BlueBelle Tue 30-Apr-19 12:32:54

This has given me a chuckle anyway
None of it matters, what ll be will be and when it happens it happens I wish them all the very best and couldn’t really muster up more interest in any royal births than that
I too was elderly on my notes when I had my third at 28 none of my children had even started their families by then my eldest was 34 and 36, my second was 29 and 34 and my third was 28, 31 and 34 so must have all been in their dotage

grandtanteJE65 Tue 30-Apr-19 12:33:15

Prince Charles is first in line to the throne, then his eldest son, Prince William, then his children, then Prince Harry and his children.

After that come the children of Prince Charles' sister and brothers - I think the brothers' children take precedence of Princess Anne's but I am not quite sure about that.

kittylester Tue 30-Apr-19 12:58:19

None of this has come up on my news feed. Just saying!

pamdixon Tue 30-Apr-19 13:10:23

can't wait for next installment

GillT57 Tue 30-Apr-19 13:30:13

well, the cynic in me wonders if the announcement is being held back until Friday, the day after the Conservative and Labour parties lose hundreds of seats in the local elections on Thursday. grin

Nonnie Tue 30-Apr-19 13:34:45

Anyone else remember "Send reinforcements, we're ready to advance" being sent back to HQ and arriving as "Send 3/4p we're going to a dance". I must be old!!

missdeke Tue 30-Apr-19 13:38:37

Witzend I was an elderly prima gravida at 24 according to my notes, hope I've spelled/spelt everything well enough to satisfy everyone.

Rufus2 Tue 30-Apr-19 14:17:12

Well; it's obvious to me even from this distance that she's hanging on for May 1st. Labour Day!, and an inducement if necessary! It's all about party loyalty. wink