Gransnet forums

Chat

I have heard...

(221 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Mon 29-Apr-19 22:05:56

...for what it's worth, from an electrician who was working at Windsor Castle, that MM had her baby yesterday and it's a boy.
I pooh-poohed the news but he said that he overheard a footman being told by a woman in the room next to one where he was working.
He said Harry being at the Marathon must have been to put people off the scent as the couple said publicly that they would not make any announcement until several days after the birth.
It remains to be seen whether he's telling the truth...hmm

Rufus2 Tue 07-May-19 13:35:27

He shares his birthday with my husband & Tony Blair
Isn't that nice! smile Monday's child is fair of face; Friday's is loving and giving! blush

Urmstongran Mon 06-May-19 20:05:51

Ah bet baby Sussex is so cute (like all babies). He shares his birthday with my husband & Tony Blair.
?

blondenana Mon 06-May-19 19:06:13

Just been on the news now, must have been earlier too, but missed it,

blondenana Mon 06-May-19 18:04:48

Just said on TV that the Duchess of Sussex has given birth to a baby boy, but it has not actually been on the news as far as i know,

breeze Mon 06-May-19 15:51:31

You may get frances maggie you never know ?

seacliff Mon 06-May-19 15:13:42

sorry, just saw new thread

Maggiemaybe Mon 06-May-19 15:13:16

Lord Alice Frances, breeze! Well who’d’ve thunk it?! grin

seacliff Mon 06-May-19 15:12:08

It's here at last apparently....a boy!!

Callistemon Mon 06-May-19 15:04:29

Btw; our sun sets 9 hours ahead of yours!
Sometimes it's 10 hours ahead if you're running fast. grin

Callistemon Mon 06-May-19 15:03:19

As I've said before I'm Britain's cultural attaché in Melb. so must set a good example!
Relieved to hear that you are not the Australian cultural attache in the UK, Sir Les P, Rufus shock

breeze Mon 06-May-19 14:50:37

A boy! Called Alice? confused

Well you never know smile

Bathsheba Mon 06-May-19 14:47:23

grin breeze

breeze Mon 06-May-19 14:45:03

Looks like the sparky was wrong GG54 may be worth getting your wiring checked out ?

Good luck maggie ???

Anniebach Sun 05-May-19 09:18:54

I assume when the pregnancy was announced in October Megan must have been at least 3 months pregnant

breeze Sun 05-May-19 09:15:10

Yes God's ? I have woken to discover not a royal baby announcement but the discovery that Rufus is actually dame Edna ?

Just when we were thinking of popping in to check out the new boiler we find we would have to fly thousands of miles for a cuppa. Darn it Rufus ?

????

Rufus2 Sun 05-May-19 08:56:15

Goodness, indeed it must have been about midnight in the Antipodes!
Callistemon/CrazyH; Dead right! That's an early night for me, but I was exhausted after reading all these smart posts and needed some shut-eye to conjure up something funny for Breeze! All I kept coming up with were rude (not crude!) ones; inappropriate for every one here, but at least I went to sleep with a smile on my face! As I've said before I'm Britain's cultural attaché in Melb. so must set a good example!
Btw; our sun sets 9 hours ahead of yours! grin

Rufus2 Sun 05-May-19 08:32:18

Honestly, you'll be accused of being more attention seeking than Meghan soon grin
Not Guilty your Honour! wink Very unlikely for me to get pregnant, even though I've been told to get (censored; breaches guidelines!) on more than one occasion. shock

BradfordLass72 Sun 05-May-19 07:50:50

As Rufus is probably in bed, no doubt wrapped up in a Doona with his tucker bag for a pillow and a corked Akubra over his face, I can tell you he lives in Australia.

He gets his water from a billabong and boils it in a billy under a Cooliba tree.

Of course he'll deny all this - but I have a picture of him waltzing matilda.

Callistemon Sat 04-May-19 22:53:04

Goodness, indeed it must have been about midnight in the Antipodes!

crazyH Sat 04-May-19 22:34:46

Callis, only reason I thought that was because he said it's way past his bedtime or something like that and it was only about 3pm here

maryeliza54 Sat 04-May-19 22:31:23

I don’t know why but I keep thinking of Boris Becker’s ‘cupboard’ baby

breeze Sat 04-May-19 22:28:00

This thread is so funny. It's gone so surreal it's like the sixties all over again grin

Peace and love to all grans and Rufus of course.

Off to bed to dream of Afros, Jamelia's Chinese ribs and wondering where our Jalima is hanging out.

Where's the flipping baby before we get any sillier grin

Maw didn't correct me because she loves me GG54 ner ner ne ner ner smile

crystaltipps Sat 04-May-19 18:46:18

What’s wrong with Afro ginger hair?

Callistemon Sat 04-May-19 18:44:37

Is Rufus on the other side of the world ?
That all depends on where you are crazyH grin

He could be on the same side of the world as some of us.

MawBroonsback Sat 04-May-19 18:39:56

People, glasshouses, stones GabbyG hmm
Who is this Jamilia anyway? If you’re new, welcome!