Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Sat 04-May-19 06:13:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking a clear and dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Pop off on the buses to Buckingham and Bicester , then get back and watch the cycling.
I noticed yesterday on the race , there was a nice Ariel shot of Nidd Hall , where I have stayed a few times, plus with the world championships in Harrogate in September a chance to see likely spots to watch the racing.
Mick

Anniebach Sat 04-May-19 12:04:34

Good morning auntyflo and all x

Not raining in Powys.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Sprout Sat 04-May-19 09:16:29

Morning everyone. Sunny here in Kent but little windy. Garden all sorted now the dogs are really happy. Hair done yesterday now three colours Brown based Blonde and lovely Red go that 75yrs old lady. Nails hand and toes blue. Not much going on today so relax with the dogs. Have a good day everyone and those who are feeling poorly today get better soon.

BlueSapphire Sat 04-May-19 09:09:08

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton. Looks windy out and I fear it is cold (haven't been out yet!).

I will have to wrap up warm for the rugby this afternoon. It's Saints last home match of the season, and will be a great atmosphere. Leaving ceremony afterwards for those players leaving for pastures new. Need to win today to keep hopes alive of finishing in the top four. Keeping fingers crossed!

Nothing else planned for today. Hope everyone's day goes well.

aggie Sat 04-May-19 08:54:25

Good Morning everyone , brilliant sun here but very cold , took a walk round the garden checking everything , no sign of frosted plants smile
Washing machine churning away
I might pot up some seedlings in the wee plastic greenhouse later

EllanVannin Sat 04-May-19 08:46:18

Good morning All x
Bright sunny but rather cool with the sea breeze blowing around.
I've been up for about 2 hours just pottering/faffing around folding and putting clothes away, changing the bedding and generally tidying. Just the hoovering to be done and then whatever the rest of the day has in store.

Hope everyone's day goes well.

harrigran Sat 04-May-19 08:44:34

Good morning, cool and damp. Slept later today, bit of a treat and DH doesn't have a hospital appointment today.
No plans for the weekend yet but expect to get a summons from my sister who is in the UK for three weeks.

Beechnut Sat 04-May-19 08:43:49

Good Morning everyone.
Damp and sunny here.
I’m late this morning to the thread because I have been googling about ‘dreaming of dead people meaning’.

Plans for today are errands and bluebell spotting and greenhouse work.
I hope you all enjoy your weekend ??

Grammaretto Sat 04-May-19 08:40:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I've been sitting out in the sunshine with my tea. but came back inside as it's too cold yet
I am so glad you're on the mend 1inamillion and you've finished that garden gilly

I've been waiting for my new laptop to arrive. They say they couldn't find the house which I find odd since it's stood here for 200years and hasn't moved.

Sar53 Sat 04-May-19 08:39:54

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. A few things to do in town, pick up something from the sorting office, no idea what, but it needs a signature. DH off to watch our local football team in their last match of the season later this afternoon.
I shall catch up on tv programmes and make a start on my next jigsaw.
Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Sat 04-May-19 08:39:44

Hello everyone from a chillyNE. Was looking forward to the weekend no serious plans in place but woke early with asthma bad coughing and wheezing think I will take it a bit easy today after long gphard week at work. Wish the weather would warm up doesn't seem to know if it's spring or winter here! Have a good sat all.

kittylester Sat 04-May-19 08:36:52

Good morning all.

My bit of North Leicestershire is pretty much the same dragonfly's - looks lovely but its freezing.

A quiet day for me today.

NannyJan53 Sat 04-May-19 08:31:32

Good Morning from a bright but chilly Black Country.

Took partner to the train station at 8.00am as he is off to London to see his daughter, and will be back later tomorrow. I couldn't go as I had promised months ago to have 2 DGD's for DD whilst they go to a gig, and this is his DD's only free weekend for a while. They will be over here this afternoon.

So having a relaxing hour, then start on making a Lasagne and changing beds etc.

Looking forward to Monday when my friend who moved to Lincolnshire 18 months ago is coming to stay .

Have a great weekend everyone.

gillybob Sat 04-May-19 08:28:16

Good morning from a cloudy NE coast. Bright spells and showers forecast for today and it feels quite chilly too.

Well we finally got DD’s garden finished last night . It has been a long hard job, carried out a bit at a time, over 4 weeks but it has been worth it . She and baby girl are absolutely thrilled with the results. All they need now is some nice weather to enjoy it .

A bit of food shopping to do today as my fridge is bare then we have the baby overnight tonight.

So glad your foot is on the mend linamillion you sound like the million dollar grandma with all those screws and plate.

Have a good Saturday everyone x

Nannytopsy Sat 04-May-19 08:23:37

Good morning everyone! We are off to Eyebrook reservoir for a short walk and long birdwatch today then lunch out. Glad the weather has improved!

Brunette10 Sat 04-May-19 08:05:31

Good Morning from a lovely sunny day here in Fife, it’s a tad chilly but great to see sun again. No plans for today suspect DH will be back out building in garden. Will prob cook and freeze some food. Good news Linamillion. Hope everyone’s day is good for them.

Greyduster Sat 04-May-19 08:03:34

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I have been missing in action but we are now back from our holiday in Northumberland which was lovely, if a little frenetic. We covered a lot of ground! Nice to be home. Today we can’t wait to see GS and his Ma and Pa; we have missed him sorely. Have a good day folks.

1inamillion Sat 04-May-19 07:56:28

Many thanks NanKate and Ginny

DoraMarr Sat 04-May-19 07:44:10

Good morning from a bright and breezy Birmingham. I’m starting back at Tai Chi this afternoon after a bit of a break, and the family are coming for tea later, so I need to go shopping and do a bit of a tidy up after my two childcare days. Sitting here with the sun shining through my East windows I can see lots of baby fingerprints!

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 04-May-19 07:39:51

Good morning, bright but cool in east London. Aiming to go shopping as early as poss to get stuff for the family barbecue on Monday. Off to the tennis club for a couple of hours this afternoon to help out with an open day, hopefully not doing anything too energetic as last night’s match (which we won) was hard. Have a good day.

Pittcity Sat 04-May-19 07:33:43

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Very cold though.
We managed to get wet on our walk yesterday and rain's forecast again this afternoon when we plan to go on another local history walk.

Ginny42 Sat 04-May-19 07:20:50

Goodness 1inamillion that sounds very painful and certainly puts my complaints about hurting my foot and being housebound for a week into some perspective! Glad the news was good yesterday. flowers

NanKate Sat 04-May-19 07:17:33

Glad you are no longer incarcerated lina. My ankle is working again, excellent.

NanKate Sat 04-May-19 07:14:54

Morning Mick and All.

I can report Nfk it is sunny and chilly here in South Bucks. I think it will warm up a tad later today.

Off to the French Market for its annual visit in our riverside Park. I think a crepe with lemon and sugar is in order. ?

oldgaijin Sat 04-May-19 07:13:32

Good morning from a bitterly cold Aberdeenshire...the sky is clear blue and the sun brilliant but it's more like January. Winter drawers back on for romps in the woods with the mutt today.
Don't think I'll put bedding plants out or tomatoes in the greenhouse this weekend as planned. It's far too chilly.
Have a great day everyone.

1inamillion Sat 04-May-19 07:07:33

Good Morning Mick and all. It is damp from overnight rain here on S Welsh coast but we are promised a dry day.
Hospital appointment was positive yesterday, have to wear a boot for another two weeks but must walk without the crutches, not easy! I've had a plate inserted and five screws in my foot.

We had lunch at a N. Trust property on the way home, it was so lovely to see the tulips and bluebells after being housebound for three months.

Hope everyone has a good day.