Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Thu 09-May-19 06:11:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Have woken up to grey sky's this morning, usual day some housework then go out later to my usual coffee haunts, first in Bicester , then Buckingham.
Mick

moggie57 Thu 09-May-19 13:31:50

not so good morning here. now afternoon.tuesday had my mobile stolen from salvation army charity shop in the staff quarters ,am really gutted as the mobile had all my hospital numbers and emergency numbers /grandchildren etc.must have been customer heard my phone ring took a chance and went through the door to sorting area and nicked my phone. strange as there were other items of value like watches and silver items .why my crappy samsung s5...... provider and police have been told. but the cheek of it ...bloody people got no shame....

dancingnana1 Thu 09-May-19 12:34:39

Good morning everyone from the west of Scotland. It is dry here,hooray,and hb has put out the washing. Plasterer is in doing the ceilings downstairs.It is a messy job but will be worth it.Just the painter to come in ,possibly next week. Have a good afternoon.

Mapleleaf Thu 09-May-19 09:36:35

Good morning,
It's grey and damp here, but for the moment not raining, which is a huge improvement on yesterday's non stop rain.
Must get outside today, just to get some fresh air, will need my brolly though, I'm sure!
Enjoy your day. ?

KatyK Thu 09-May-19 09:34:20

Good morning. Dark, wet and miserable in this part of the West Midlands. I have to venture out as I'm meeting a friend for lunch
Have a good day everyone.

Sprout Thu 09-May-19 09:25:55

Good morning MICK and all. Sunny here in Kent hope it stays that way for a while. Off to the library left my driving licence there yesterday when doing some copies for the freedom pass. Then having lunch with the ladies that lunch always great fun. Then some shopping. . We are moving house soon so lots of planning. I am surrey lots of you know how that is. Anybody not feeling well today get better very soon. And a good day to everyone.

gillybob Thu 09-May-19 09:22:23

A very late good morning from the Scottish Borders where it has actually stopped raining ! Still quite grey but brightening . Sadly we are off home later today ( typical) as duty calls .

To those who are under the weather I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good Thursday everyone x

Gaggi3 Thu 09-May-19 09:16:07

It was sunny here in Sussex, but has clouded over in the last few minutes. DH off to London to meet old university friends for lunch today, so I shall do whatever I fancy, probably in the garden if the rain holds off. Have as happy a day as you can everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 09-May-19 09:10:54

Good morning All x
Dull damp and cool------again ! I can't get motivated when the weather's like this as it doesn't give me the impetus to do so.
Just watched a poor mother struggling to get her little one to school as he was bawling " I don't want to go to school ". I really felt for both of them, oh dear.

Some baking on the agenda today----a meat and potato pie and a lemon drizzle cake, so that'll keep me out of mischief for an hour or two.

Hope everyone gets through the day okay.

oldgaijin Thu 09-May-19 09:01:04

Good morning from a bright'ish Aberdeenshire. It's getting a wee bit warmer...not before time. I had a surprise visit from the Kindle Fire fairy yesterday...I happened to mention that the old one took forever to charge, so daughter ordered a new one for me. She's a good lass and looks after her Mum, so I must have done something right.
The mutt is looking forward to the usual romp in the woods so it's time I got up!
Have a good day everyone, be good.

Annapops Thu 09-May-19 09:00:38

Good morning all. What an awful wet day so I must keep busy. Grey skies can be so depressing.

We arrived back from Florence yesterday. Thank goodness it wasn't later in the week as we had to transfer at Paris and those dreaded airport strikes are happening there tomorrow.

We've climbed the cathedral tower and the dome. The views were absolutely spectacular. What an amazing building that cathedral is with it's red, pink, green and cream marble facing. The interior is quite plain by comparison. They have a terrific museum in the crypt where the foundations of the earlier church have been excavated along with mosaic Roman flooring.

We are so fortunate to be able to visit such places these days. Whenever I make these trips I always think about my parents who never expected to have such opportunities to travel so far.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Anniebach Thu 09-May-19 08:56:46

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Rain in Powys again.

Hope everyone has a good day x

Nannytopsy Thu 09-May-19 08:50:54

Dry now in Leicester but clearly rained recently. I have felt as if I have something in my eye since I woke on Sunday. Been to the opticians once but I shall go back today as I can’t keep my eye open anymore. Enjoy your days everyone!

Auntieflo Thu 09-May-19 08:32:26

Morning Michael, Annie to come and all other GN's. It is dull here, but dry, after yesterday's torrential pourings, anything is better. Nothing planned, so a very lazy start for us this morning. DH is not his usual self, and I am concerned
Have a good day one and all.

harrigran Thu 09-May-19 08:32:23

Good morning from a grey, wet NE.
Nothing planned as DH has lunchtime appointment again. I need to do some tidying up as we will have a houseful on Sunday.
Postal voting forms have arrived, shall spend some time reading up on candidates.

Pittcity Thu 09-May-19 08:24:36

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It poured here all day yesterday and rain is due again this afternoon. We will get out for a walk this morning and tackle the ironing later.

Marydoll Thu 09-May-19 08:15:58

Good morning all from a breezy Glasgow.

Another day in for me, just pottering about and taking it easy, which is so difficult for someone like me, who is always out and about.
DH will have to pick up DGD from nursery, as I'm not able to drive at the moment.☹️. It's such a pain! I'm so looking forward to seeing her, she is such a tonic.

Have a pleasant day everyone, Maw, I'm envious of your trip!?

Greyduster Thu 09-May-19 08:03:29

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey but dry and cool in South Yorkshire after yesterday’s day of non stop rain. I have a huge pile of ironing threatening to fall over and crush me, so that is my ‘task du jour’! School run this afternoon. Have a good day folks.

aggie Thu 09-May-19 07:55:15

Good Morning All , another miserable wet morning , nothing planned , tv and crochet seems to be the best bet

1inamillion Thu 09-May-19 07:55:01

Good Morning from a dry and breezy S Welsh coast.
DH is going to the local N Trust property this morning to a meeting and do some work on the archive. He hasn't been able to go much recently as he's been looking after me. DD is home safely from holiday and is back in work today.
Our cleaner is also coming this morning.

Have a pleasant day everyone.

DoraMarr Thu 09-May-19 07:40:34

Good morning from a very wet Birmingham. I’m off to fetch my grandaughter shortly. We have our toddler pottery course this morning, then one of her favourite things, a trip to Aldi.
Keep warm and dry, everyone, and Maw, have a nice day- I must try to get to the V&A.

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 09-May-19 07:39:24

Good morning from east London, was quite sunny earlier on but clouds have come over. Tennis this morning then choir tonight with a nice gap between. Have a good day.

cornergran Thu 09-May-19 07:38:00

Morning Mick, morning All from a dismal, grey corner of Somerset. Enjoyed a retail therapy day yesterday, back to normal with the housework and a (boring no doubt) meeting I really should go to but actually don’t want to. Wonder which bit of me will win hmm. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Thu 09-May-19 07:28:28

Good Morning from a rainy Black Country...again!

Tiler finished the job in the kitchen yesterday, so all we need now is the sockets and switches to be replaced and a window blind and the Kitchen is finished. Only took 3 months smile

No real plans today, may have a walk into town if the rain stops.

Enjoy your coffee meet NanKate

Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Thu 09-May-19 07:28:15

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Is that sunshine I can see? Whatever it is it has to be an Improvement on yesterday when I traipsed around Edinburgh trying on clothes for the forthcoming wedding. Needless to say, nothing was bought as I became more despondent by the foot aching minute, apart from a replacement coffee pot.
Maybe on-line is the way forward.
Hope everyone's day goes well.

NanKate Thu 09-May-19 07:21:52

Morning Mick and All.

Sun coming through the mist here in South Bucks.

Off for coffee with a GN member this morning. It’s our first get together and I am looking forward to meeting her.

Have fun with Wolfie * Kitty*.