Gransnet forums

Chat

Interesting !

(57 Posts)
ninathenana Fri 10-May-19 14:06:57

Yes, I admit it. I'm nosey smile but am also slightly concerned about our neighbour.
We share a path to the front doors with the neighbours in the other half of our semi detached.
Right now there is an ambulance, two pollice cars parked in the street and 6 officers milling around the pathway and sitting on the dwarf wall.
We heard no sirens and they all seem relaxed and just chatting.
No point in asking, as I know they can't tell us.
confusedconfused

Jane10 Fri 10-May-19 14:18:26

How can you restrain yourself from going out on some casual pretext! Pretend to call for your (nonexistent) cat/dog/budgie, then express surprise to the nice officers and innocently as what's going on? Play the 'nice old lady card'!

ninathenana Fri 10-May-19 14:47:03

grin Jane not sure if I've got one of those.

wildswan16 Fri 10-May-19 14:53:00

I suspect the ambulance was called first and possibly thought they might need assistance. Please go and ask - being concerned about your neighbour isn't being nosey!

Jane10 Fri 10-May-19 15:31:52

... and let us know what's going on too please!

Anniebach Fri 10-May-19 15:38:26

There is a lady living next door to me, never met her, when an ambulance is at her house it is always accompanied by a police car, if an ambulance at another house no police car

Nonnie Fri 10-May-19 15:52:04

If they are still there its time to offer them a cuppa.

Nonnie Fri 10-May-19 15:52:17

Oh, and use of your loo.

kittylester Fri 10-May-19 17:23:01

What nonnie said. Then come back and tell us cos we are ever so nosey!!

ninathenana Fri 10-May-19 17:30:25

Ambo went after about 15 mins. Then cops 10 mins later. We saw our neighbour out the front just now. She was smiley and waved but was getting in her car. So, so far none the wiser.

Lily65 Fri 10-May-19 17:33:23

You could say " are you OK? do you need any help?"

midgey Fri 10-May-19 19:23:44

There is nothing worse than not knowing what the excitement was! grin

lemongrove Fri 10-May-19 19:28:49

nina pop round and ask if there is anything you can do.
It’s the police cars that make it intriguing isn’t it? grin

BradfordLass72 Sat 11-May-19 07:47:18

I'm convinced she's an international arms trader, masquerading as a harmless suburbanite.

Meanwhile, how on earth do you expect us to sleep with this sort of mystery hanging over us?

Pressing the "Watch This Thread" button grin

sodapop Sat 11-May-19 08:53:26

Any more news ninathenana not at all nosey you understand just interested.

Auntieflo Sat 11-May-19 09:28:20

Seeing that we have had at least two serious incidents in the past, concerning neighbours, i would like to hope that yours is not too worrying.

nanee Sat 11-May-19 09:33:37

I'm surprised they didnt knock to let you know what's going on or ask questions? Sounds like someone got there first with the cuppa!

CaroleAnne Sat 11-May-19 09:48:18

I too am on tenterhooks. Like everyone else I am not at all nosey but interested in the wellbeing of others.

sarahellenwhitney Sat 11-May-19 09:57:09

Could be ? on standby should they be needed as support for an incident taking place not far from your location. I could not bear the suspense so would have to stick my nose in and ask what was going on.

Legs55 Sat 11-May-19 10:17:19

Oh the excitement & frustration. Where I live I have several elderly neighbours, although many are in better health than me. The sight of an ambulance always raises interest but not one but two Police cars would be very curious they're a rare breed down here hmm

Margs Sat 11-May-19 10:46:51

Faking "sympathetic concern" when the true motive is plain noseyness is quite vile.

Too many of us are blighted with neighbours who have noses longer than Pinnochio's.

Privacy is a precious and - sadly - hard to come by commodity these days.

Butt out.

crazyH Sat 11-May-19 10:51:41

I admit, I am caring/nosey. Nothing wrong with being nosey and willing to help if needed.

FarNorth Sat 11-May-19 10:54:03

Maybe they should have been at Acacia Drive instead of Acacia Road, say?

sylviann Sat 11-May-19 10:58:48

I'd be out asking what was going on rather than wait for a second hand version from a neighbour

harrigran Sat 11-May-19 10:59:56

Ambulances and police cars were an everyday event in our street, we had some real charmers living in rented accommodation. I could sit in the study and watch it unfold courtesy of my CCTV cameras, no dialogue of course. We are lucky that the police often visit us and give us an update especially in the run up to the tenants being evicted.