Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-May-19 06:18:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Have woken to a bit of a grey and misty start.
Had equal to 2 pints yesterday , some in 1/3rd options and a dark stout at 9.4%.
No beer now for awhile , today Bicester and Buckingham on the buses.
In Bicester Sainsburys on the Tu clothing side have some reduced bargains so will check.
Buckingham wise weather should be good, as last week on the flea market I spotted some maps , and hope they are still there today.
Apart from having a coffee and all day breakie in Buckingham around 12.
See what they has today, apart from the Giro cycle race in Italy stating today will be watching on Eurosport.
Mick

travelsafar Sat 11-May-19 11:55:32

Just got back from meeting my sister for coffee and a catch up. Now hoping the weather holds as off to play bowls after luch. Happy Saturday to everyone.

Grammaretto Sat 11-May-19 11:42:24

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Only just, as I was up early baking, picking flowers and listening to the birds.
Such a beautiful day here.
We have DD's family coming for the w/end. They're on their way.

I am shocked to hear how you were sent home with the wrong medication Marydoll. Sending healing hugs.

We had good results from the homeopathic hospital when all else failed. It wasn't for RA though but rather migraine.

Urmstongran Sat 11-May-19 10:31:58

Gosh I’d forgotten about the professional cycle race we watched last year annesixty

We were in Malaga and ‘La Vuelta’ passed right by the front entrance to our apartment! Crowds were lining the road and although it whizzed by in a flash, our grandson in particular enjoyed watching the competitors, the buzz of excitement and the TV camera helicopters circling overhead!

It was 27 August last year (my birthday - I said the Spanish had gone to a lot of trouble to entertain me!). I took this super photograph at 5pm....

SirChenjin Sat 11-May-19 09:46:02

Good morning all smile Blue skies with lots of white clouds that I’m hoping don’t turn grey! Housework this morning after a week at work, a quick trip to the shops later with DH and then interview prep this afternoon for a job that I might have over exaggerated my skills for on my application form - now feeling a mixture of panic and ‘why did I do that’ confusedshock. A nice M&S meal later.

Have a lovely day everyone smile

Gaggi3 Sat 11-May-19 09:31:03

We had a cat who came home with green paint on her when she was quite small. We were advised to rub vegetable oil into it and then wash her. You can imagine how she loved that! . It did get rid off the stickiness though she had a greenish hue for a while. Happy Saturday, everyone.

aggie Sat 11-May-19 09:24:49

Marydoll that is very scary to think that the medics could get your meds so wrong , I hope you can take it easy for a day or several !

aggie Sat 11-May-19 09:23:15

Morning All , lovely sunny one here in Co Armagh .
Last evening we were paying the Stonemason when the hail rain thunder lightning came on , we had to drive at a crawl as the wipers couldn't cope , the road was white as if it had snowed ! Went on for ages too , the tulips have been beaten to bits

annsixty Sat 11-May-19 09:15:32

Marydoll I hope you have made sure that that very serious blunder was reported and taken seriously.
It mustn't happen again to anyone else.
I hope you soon adjust to your new meds and make a rapid recovery.

NannyJan53 Sat 11-May-19 09:12:12

Good Morning from a dull but slowly brightening Black Country.

Off to a 70th Birthday bash later this afternoon/evening. Partners elder brother is 70!

That 'breakdown in communications' was really serious Marydoll but pleased it was found out and you are back on the road to feeling better.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

annsixty Sat 11-May-19 09:09:06

Good morning all from a very sunny Stockport.
Happy/sad memories prompted by Mick this morning.
My H and I were staying in Limone on Lake Garda when the Giro D'Italia went by the hotel.
Along with dozens of other we went to the steps at the front of the hotel at the appointed time.
After about an hour of advertising vehicles, merchandising vehicles, lone cyclists ,everyone in dayglo pink, the participants flashed by in a blur of pink and in seconds it was over.
It remains with me as a very happy time.

Sprout Sat 11-May-19 09:07:58

Morning Mick glad you enjoyed your beer and all day breakfast. Mary doll so sorry to hear the tabs were wrong and hope the new ones start to work quickly. As for me dark dull day in Kent bit nippy also. Nothing going on today quiet one for me. Even the dogs are a sleep. Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Sat 11-May-19 08:58:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Not raining in Powys

Hope everyone has a good day x

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 11-May-19 08:49:15

Good morning from east London where it’s dull and cloudy. Haircut this morning then mixed tennis match in Epping this afternoon. Just hope the rain holds off. Have a good day.

EllanVannin Sat 11-May-19 08:40:02

Good morning All x
From a lovely sunny NW, what a treat.

D and I were in Asda yesterday afternoon and the Heavens opened ! I'd never seen such a deluge of the heaviest rain, hail and thunder. Everywhere was white ! Cars were covered in white blankets of ice lumps. It was like a monsoon.

Washing on the go as I don't like damp towels hanging around, so a jolly good boiling.
I'll be trying to remove some green paint off one of the cats today. I've no idea how it got there which must have happened while roaming around. It looks for all the world as though it's been purposely done with a brush around the collar area. At least he can't get to lick it but it's sticky to the touch. I might have to try and snip it off------gloves at the ready.

I hope the day is kind to everyone.

gillybob Sat 11-May-19 08:35:10

Blimey Marydoll that’s quite a lot more serious than a “breakdown in communication “ the bloomin’ tablets could’ve killed you ! Just as well you got that emergency appointment . How careless of them . angry

Hopefully they can now get you sorted properly and it will be upwards and onwards .

Take care of yourself x

Nannytopsy Sat 11-May-19 08:32:27

Morning all! Off to Eye Casualty shortly - I have had something in my eye since last Sunday I think. It seems better then is so sore again. Typing this with it clamped shut! Tried the optician who said go down there if it continues to be a problem. Ho hum! Another house viewing this afternoon.
Have a good day everyone.

gillybob Sat 11-May-19 08:30:33

A bright but cold start here on the NE coast. Masses of washing to get caught up on, Shopping and childcare for me today and DH is taking DGD2 and DGS to see the WWE ( wrestling) at the Arena tonight so they will be staying over too as it’s a late finish .

Hoping everyone has a good Saturday x

Brunette10 Sat 11-May-19 08:27:37

Good Morning all from a lovely sunny Fife, so nice to see the sun once again. Off out today to the country for lunch with DH, looking forward to it then later we have DGS1 for an overnight stay. Nice way to end my day, he keeps me going. Hope everyone has a good day.

Marydoll Sat 11-May-19 08:24:39

Good morning all from a sunny, but cool Glasgow.

I'm still abed, as yesterday was very exhausting after my hospital visit.
I'm usually up with the park, but I'm beginning to enjoy these gentler starts to the morning.?

I had a bit of a shock yesterday. It seems that I was taken off all my rheumatoid medication in Coronary Care, as there was a high chance of them causing a fatal heart attack or stroke!☹️ My BP has-been sky high and these drugs have caused this.
I thought I was well informed about my conditions, obviously not!!!!?
Due to a breakdown in communication, I have been taking them since I came home from hospital!!!
The good news, I'm on a new course of medication, which hopefully won't kill me!
I plan to chill today, just glad to be back with my friends on GN.
Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

1inamillion Sat 11-May-19 08:21:54

Good Morning all. The sun has got his hat on here too on S Welsh coast.

Woke at 6.15 but fell back asleep, unusual for me, woken by the bin men.

DS and DiL going to a wedding later so we are spaniel sitting.
DH is going to the local butcher later as we are thinking of a BBQ tomorrow, a case of making hay while the sun shines.

Enjoy the cycling Mick I like to watch the scenery and the sites on the Giro d'Italia, like the Tour de France in July.

Have a lovely day all.

vena11 Sat 11-May-19 08:21:27

Good Morning from the sunny south , what a lovely day . Makes you glad to be alive . Enjoy everyone whatever your weather .

Nannyfaraway Sat 11-May-19 08:16:18

Good morning all. Nice and sunny all. I'm off to work soon so won't be able to make the most of it unless any of the tenants wants to go out.
Have a good day all

Greyduster Sat 11-May-19 07:56:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire - not sure if it is going to stay out! We have to drive up to York later today for a family party and back this evening so I hope it stays dry. Have a good day folks.

Justme67 Sat 11-May-19 07:52:09

Good morning to you all, not felt much like writing over the past few days, but enjoyed reading all that has been going on. The weather here this morning does not look very promising, and I do like to get out in the air if I can. Have managed to keep myself fairly busy, went mad and bought new net curtains, now I have to put them up, not sure I can manage that, we shall see, enjoy your days.

MawBroonsback Sat 11-May-19 07:49:41

Good morning everyone from a grey N Bucks.Yesterday cleared up nicely so fingers crossed for today too.
DD, SIL and Flynn coming up at lunchtime to stay over and we are going to check out the new MK Gallery this afternoon. It has had excellent reviews-we’re not just roundabouts and concrete cows you know!
Wishing you all a pleasant day and hopefully some reassuring news from Marydoll.