Gransnet forums

Chat

‘Watching’

(13 Posts)
Gonegirl Sun 12-May-19 10:13:32

I have to keep on and on agreeing that they value my privacy. hmm On my Ipad only. Never on desktop.

mancgirl Sun 12-May-19 10:12:07

Got them again now after using desktop site!

mancgirl Sun 12-May-19 07:00:43

What I don't get any longer is the daily email. I've tried lots of times to re register my preferences but nothing comes through. Maybe I need to do this on desktop. I'll try now!

BradfordLass72 Sun 12-May-19 05:09:21

I have often clicked on 'Watch this thread' and sometimes I get an e-mail alert when there are new posts.

Mostly, I don't.

However, if I click 'Watching' here on the GN site, all the watched threads pop up!

shysal Sat 11-May-19 11:37:15

For me every thread on which I have posted is listed on 'I'm on', but on 'watching' are only the ones on which I clicked 'watch this thread'.

BlueBelle Sat 11-May-19 11:15:04

No jackie I have it on my iPad
I give up with my iPhone as I have to sign in every time to Gransnet although I have the keep me signed in button ticked so just use my ipad

FarNorth Sat 11-May-19 10:57:12

'Watch this thread' is available on my Hudl & phone, as well as desktop.

Charleygirl5 Sat 11-May-19 10:45:26

No Jackie I have a desktop.

JackyB Sat 11-May-19 10:40:28

I understand it that "watching" shows any thread you have posted to PLUS those where you have clicked on "watch this thread" without actually posting. The "watch this thread" button is only available on the desktop version, I think.

Charleygirl5 Sat 11-May-19 10:34:52

Mine also says no recent activity on discussions you are watching.

BlueBelle Sat 11-May-19 10:26:28

I don’t see that much difference to ‘I m on’ is there any ?

FlexibleFriend Sat 11-May-19 10:16:54

Really? if I click on watching it says no recent activity. Are you sure it wasn't "I'm on."

Auntieflo Sat 11-May-19 09:41:05

Well, I have just discovered that by clicking on the ‘Watching’ heading, that everything I have posted on, is there for me to see.
I just clicked on it, to be able to find a thread I was interested in.
Why didn’t I know this?
Because I suppose I imagined it was just for watching something that I was interested in.
I have now spent ages going through and removing loads of stuff.
One good thing though, I found a poem that I had mislaid, so can now copy it down in a notebook, again.
Old age strikes again in the Auntieflo household. ?
Oh, and what a lot of names came up that now no longer seem to be around. Wonder what happened to them all?