Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(37 Posts)
12Michael Mon 13-May-19 06:12:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning , usual day for me .
hopefully a trip to cemetery with flowers , before cycling on TV.
Mick

MawBroonsback Mon 13-May-19 10:37:33

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QxvPXK3Gv4

Anniebach it’s a lovely day for doing nothing, maybe you can make it into the garden, but even if you are only enjoying it through the windows, this song has always summed up for me the joys of “ doing nothing” flowers

Hymnbook Mon 13-May-19 10:24:49

Living room today.

Hymnbook Mon 13-May-19 10:24:04

Morning everyone. Dry bright sunny but chilly here in Nottinghamshire. Window cleaner just been washing to do shall l tackle my living today?

Patticake123 Mon 13-May-19 10:19:35

South coast is sunny but not very warm. Off to a beginners French class. Feel like a schoolgirl, I’m so anxious!

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 13-May-19 09:52:32

Good morning from east London, sunny outside and hopefully warming up. Quick trip to Stratford to collect an order, tennis at lunchtime and while not doing the school pick up today, we are going over later to ‘sit’ as DD is being taken out by DSD for a late birthday treat. Have a good day.

Mapleleaf Mon 13-May-19 09:46:56

Good morning everyone.
Greyduster has the forecast spot on for South Yorkshire- it’s a beautiful morning.
Off to coffee group shortly, then I’ve got some planting up to do in the garden when I get back.
So glad you managed to get to your sons yesterday, Marydoll. I imagine it helped you to feel much better. Just be careful out in the sun today and put plenty of sun cream on.
Well done to your DD, BlueSapphire.
Right, I must be off or I’ll be late. ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 13-May-19 09:46:36

Morning all from South Notts. Sunshine!
Off to the computer shop to see if they can cure a little glitch. The new one isn't as simple as the old one I'm afraid.
Hope all is well with everyone.

Auntieflo Mon 13-May-19 09:35:26

Morning michael, Annie and all. EllenVannin, you beat me to it for Marydoll's face turnabout in the sun smile. So nice to hear that you are beginning to feel more 'yourself' Marydoll, take it easy.
DH has an appointment with the nurse this morning, checking his feet, then he is off out to lunch with a group of friends. So, I may take myself into Reading for a bit of retail therapy. I don't need anything, but nice to look.
Congratulations to BlueSapphire's daughter.
Have a good day one and all.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 13-May-19 09:30:25

Good morning - waiting for the sun. Washing out and off to make up the hanging baskets. Glad you are up to seeing family and friends marydoll. Some medications make you susceptible to the sun so maybe be extra careful this week and use a sunscreen. Well done to all the runners.

EllanVannin Mon 13-May-19 09:14:37

Good morning All x
I love waking up to sunny bright mornings they make a huge difference to health and well-being.
Whilst it's on the " warm " side I'll wash a batch of jumpers and pack them away for winter. I do it each year.
Some dusting to do as it's more noticeable when the sun's out ! but little more to do today so far.

Have a good day everyone, and Marydoll, sit with the other side of your face to the sun today smile)

allassinsane Mon 13-May-19 09:11:27

Good morning to all. It's another beautiful sunny sparkling day here in Cumbria but a bit chilly.
The sky is clear, the birds are singing, the hawthorn's in flower, it's a lovely day. Just going to try and sort out my weedy front garden today and maybe pop to nurseries or garden centre for some veg plants for raised beds.
Have a great day everyone. sunshine smile

Anniebach Mon 13-May-19 08:53:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

As usual. Not going anywhere. Not doing anything.

Hope everyone has a good day x

aggie Mon 13-May-19 08:50:36

Good Morning all , still in PJs , lovely sunny day here . We are going to a National Trust place today , they charge for the whole kaboodle , but we only want to walk the garden sad

oldgaijin Mon 13-May-19 08:39:16

Good morning from a bright Aberdeenshire...it's a wee bit nippy but I think I will chance putting my tomatoes in the greenhouse at last. I can always give them a layer of bubble wrap at night if they need it.
More woodland romps for the mutt today then going to a friend to help her make shirts in to cushion covers. The shirts belonged to her late husband and her daughter's each want a memento of their Dad.
Have a great day everyone.

Sprout Mon 13-May-19 08:37:08

Morning Mick and all. Lovely morning in Kent. Washing today and tidy up after weekend. Rubbish out so exciting. Have a good day whatever you are doing.

cornergran Mon 13-May-19 08:19:04

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset. Not quite sure what the day will bring, not much unless I stir myself. Congratulations to bluesaphire’s daughter, an achievement for sure. Enjoy that first step marydoll. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Justme67 Mon 13-May-19 08:14:35

Good morning to you all, like everyone we have a really bright start to the day, a little chilly but warming up now. Not a lot planned, will try to get another window cleaned and fresh net curtains put up, and then in the garden for a little bit if light gardening. Well done your daughter Bluesapphire, one wonders what charities would do without the folk who are willing and able to give their time for fund raising. Take care everyone and enjoy your days

Marydoll Mon 13-May-19 08:09:11

Good morning from a sunny Glasgow.

Another easy day for me today.
I sat chatting in DS' garden yesterday, not realising how fierce the sun was. One side of my face looks like a tomato ? and the other is chalk white.
I look ridiculous!?

A friend is coming for a short visit this afternoon, we should be able to sit in the garden and set the world to rights.
I have been putting visitors off, as I felt so unwell.
The first step back to normality.
Congratulations to Blue sapphire daughter. What an achievement.
Have a good day all.

Brunette10 Mon 13-May-19 08:03:32

Good Morning all from a beautiful morning in Fife. I believe it’s to be a gorgeous day. Will have a visit to garden centre whilst their 20% off to get some bits and bobs. Well done to Bluesaphhires daughter on her marathon walk, great achievement, very well done. I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Greyduster Mon 13-May-19 08:01:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A bright sunny South Yorkshire this morning. GS is not well enough to go to school, full of cold, so his dad is bringing him over to us today. He shall be suitably cosseted ?!
Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Mon 13-May-19 07:58:44

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Walking Netball this morning after Bank Holiday break...why are they always on Mondays?

harrigran Mon 13-May-19 07:55:26

Good morning, it is dry but not as sunny as yesterday. The forecast is promising though.
DH has mid morning appointment so I will tootle around and tidy up after the family gathering yesterday.
Well done to your DD BlueSapphire.

NannyJan53 Mon 13-May-19 07:55:13

Good Morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely family get together for Partners brothers 70th. We were all outside, but it did get rather cold by 10pm. Food was Fish and chips! Which was lovely, but we had the same for dinner the evening before!

Stayed overnight in a hotel, and arrived home after a detour to a Garden centre about 3pm.

No plans today as I have to wait for an Electrician to appear, which is a shame as it is a lovely day for my Monday Walking for Health walk.

Enjoy your day everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 13-May-19 07:48:27

Morning All

A still, bright sunny clear skied (apart from con-trails) morning here in the north of Norfolk. A very chilly night last night though.

Sitting for DGD2 this afternoon while DD2 goes for a doctor’s check up, otherwise another day in the garden.

DGD1 and DGD 3 (sisters) did a 5K run for Cancer Research yesterday quite an achievement for the seven year old who usually only runs in short sprints! I think Cancer Research must have raised quite a bit yesterday.

gillybob Mon 13-May-19 07:35:12

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s a lovely bright and sunny start to the day here on the North East coast. Promises to be a lovely day. Shame I will not see most of it as it’s back to “that place”, wishing it was Friday already.

Well done BlueSapphires daughter for walking 26 mile. Such a good cause too.

Have a good Monday everyone x