Gransnet forums

Chat

Wedding "favours"?

(80 Posts)
Chewbacca Mon 13-May-19 20:54:45

Do you do cross stitch dontaskme? If you do, you could do a very simple design, again maybe just the name of the guest, date of wedding and names of the bridal pair. Depends how long you have to do them jntil the wedding though.

Dontaskme Mon 13-May-19 20:42:48

Dilly there will be 30 of us and I would love to make something but it would have to be simple, so probably buying is more realistic tbh!
Chewbacca they sound lovely - I can barely write legibly so I'm out on those though smile

Chewbacca Mon 13-May-19 20:38:02

I do calligraphy and so made I bookmarks, with the guests name written on it, as a table placemarker. I had some small stickers printed, with the names of the wedding couple and the date of the wedding, stuck onto the back of the bookmark and I finished it off with a ribbon looped through the top end that matched the bridal colours. Very simple to do, inexpensive and lightweight to transport. It doubled up as a placemarker and a wedding favour.

DillytheGardener Mon 13-May-19 20:37:42

How many people is it for? Do you want to make something or buy something?

Dontaskme Mon 13-May-19 20:31:11

We're going to our DS wedding overseas soon, and I really want to take something unusual (and light!) for the tables/other guests. Any suggestions please? So far I like wedding crackers but they're quite ordinary, so I'd appreciate any other ideas please. Its going to be a small "do" but I want to help make it very special.