Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(39 Posts)
12Michael Wed 15-May-19 06:12:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Easy day today, small shop, and then become a coach potato, watching the cycling on Eurosport.
Mick

LadyO Wed 15-May-19 15:17:00

Thank you Mapleleaf... I’ve posted on other topics just not this thread... wink

bootie41 Wed 15-May-19 14:12:10

Hi Mary sorry to hear you have been so unwell, I really appreciated it when you messaged me, Happy birthday for yesterday, hope you are feeling a lot better soon. Here is a big hug from me flowers love maddy.

Mapleleaf Wed 15-May-19 13:34:37

Welcome to GN, LadyO.

LadyO Wed 15-May-19 13:17:40

(My first time posting on this thread... I always read it though!)
In reply to MawBroonsback- yes I did see All My Sons in our Gerrards Cross cinema last night - it was FAB!
Loved the way the tension built... I didn’t know the outcome so it was a genuine surprise! Sally Field and Jenna Coleman were amazing - also loved the guy who played Chris.
Facially, Bill Pullman is morphing into Robin Williams, don’t you think? grin
So, my day today: car taken away for its service and MOT, borrowed partner’s car to get some supermarket stuff, did a bit of housework and laundry but the glorious sun sunshine is beckoning, so I’m off out to cut the grass now.

Legs55 Wed 15-May-19 10:42:49

Morning all, sunny but windy here in Devon. Not going out today, already got a load of washing in, just doing a couple of crosswords/sudoku & trying to psyche myself up to getting out in the garden. Didn't sleep well but I love being outside so even if it's just pottering & sitting in the sunshine that's fine by me

Sprout Wed 15-May-19 09:48:15

Morning Mick and all. Lovely sunny day here in Kent. Dogs fed and walked. So lunch with friends then maybe a spot of gardening. Have a good day everyone.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 15-May-19 09:45:58

Morning everyone from a sunny South Notts. Pace yourself, Marydoll hope you feel better soon.
Off to the dentist this afternoon for the second stage of extensive treatment. Fingers crossed.
Hope all is well with you all.

Greyduster Wed 15-May-19 09:44:16

Good morning, Michael and all GNs and a late one from me. DH had a tooth out yesterday and has been in a lot of pain, so a broken night for both of us. As Maple says, we have the sun again today and I will be doing some gentle gardening, all being well. A new buddleia to find space for, and copious weeding to do. Sorry you will miss sports day, Marydoll, but you can do the “feet up and drink tea” event instead! Have a good day folks.

Nannyfaraway Wed 15-May-19 09:39:29

Good morning everyone. Another sunny day in Wales.
Day off today. So time to catch up on the housework but also time to relax and refresh after a busy few days at work.

Anniebach Wed 15-May-19 09:04:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Hope everyone has a good day x

EllanVannin Wed 15-May-19 09:03:28

Good morning All x
I could really get used to this weather, it's lovely here again.
After bagging up a heap of jumpers at the weekend, I forgot to put the darn things out for collection yesterday but as it happened there was another bag through the letter-box for collection tomorrow-----different charity but they shouldn't mind if I put a bag inside their bag.

My trailing geranium is bursting into flower after doing well over winter. It's covered in buds and is as healthy as can be, a really hardy plant so must get some more geraniums as they rarely let you down for colour and variety.

A bit of local shopping today then just some pottering.
Hope everyone enjoys this drop of good weather, it does the soul good.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 15-May-19 08:59:42

Good morning, bright and sunny and possibly warming up. It was quite cold last night by the time tennis finished. I was due to play tennis this morning but we could only get 3 players (unheard of til now) so it will be a house day until the school run and GD’s gymnastics after. Have a good day

travelsafar Wed 15-May-19 08:30:33

Looks like it's gonna be another lovely day smile. My best friend coming for the day a bit later so there will be lots of catching up to do with lots of laughter and no doubt a few tears. Must chivy myself to get organized as have to pick her up when she arrives in town. Been looking at Indian Holidays as my sister and sister inlaw planning on going next year all being well.Have a great day everyone.

Mapleleaf Wed 15-May-19 08:30:22

Good morning.
It's another beautiful morning here in SY, though a tad breezier than yesterday.
I must try to get the grass cut today as all that rain last week followed by the warm sun this week has encouraged it to grow.
SiL's calling tonight for tea and natter so I'd better do a bit of baking this afternoon. It looks like I'm in for a busy day today!
Whatever you are doing, hope today is a good day. ?

aggie Wed 15-May-19 08:19:00

Good Morning everyone , another good day in prospect !
We had an Awning fitted over the back of my grannyflat yesterday so I hope we get plenty of use with it this summer , it gets so hot in this south facing house that I spent last summer with the heavy curtains closed !

1inamillion Wed 15-May-19 08:15:19

Good Morning from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Enjoy the cycling Mick
Glad you enjoyed your birthday Marydoll but take it easy today.

Have a good day all.

oldgaijin Wed 15-May-19 08:08:00

Good morning from what should be a sunny Aberdeenshire once the thick haar has burned off.
Was greeted by Corbyn and Sturgeon on the doormat when I went down to make tea...Postie must have been early, so both are in the bin.
Grass cutting today after the romp in the woods with the mutt.
Have a good day in the sun.

cornergran Wed 15-May-19 08:07:54

Morning Mick, morning All from our bright and sunny corner of Somerset. Off to meet friends today for a belated birthday outing to some rhododendron woods, it will involve cake ? Take it easy marydoll, the ‘I feel better’ time is a dangerous one. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

Harris27 Wed 15-May-19 07:55:21

Sorry dashing 'hope'.

Harris27 Wed 15-May-19 07:54:45

Morning all from ne. Jooe everyone has good day and weather is kind off to work early today.

Pittcity Wed 15-May-19 07:54:25

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Still the coolest part of the country.
Usual Wednesday coffee meetup this morning followed by a few of us going for lunch.

ninathenana Wed 15-May-19 07:32:49

Good morning everyone.

I hope your going to be sharing that sunshine it's overcast in Kent at the moment.
DD and I are going for a pedi and afternoon tea at a spar today. Be lovely to share some girly time.
Enjoy your days

BlueSapphire Wed 15-May-19 07:29:31

Good morning everyone from a beautiful sunny day in Northampton.
Awaiting a third electrician to come and be baffled by my lack of power downstairs. Had two yesterday who couldn't do anything. Fingers crossed it'll be third time lucky. I can cope with no hot water so long as I have the power back. Upstairs is OK at least, so the kettle is up there and I have had to get a mini fridge to keep milk (and wine!) cold.
Expecting the local hospice to come and collect some of late DH's clothes and other stuff this morning, and then will have to try and get the grass cut.
Hoping to get to the dressmaker this afternoon with a long dress that needs shortening before my cruise.
Enjoy the lovely weather everyone.

Brunette10 Wed 15-May-19 07:25:59

Good Morning to all from a brightened sunny Fife. Had a brilliant day yesterday in Peebles. Today we have DGS's so will be content with playing with them in our back garden with all their outside toys. Will be so much fun. Glad you had a good birthday Marydoll but you are right to take things easy today. Enjoy your day everyone.

NannyJan53 Wed 15-May-19 07:23:39

Good Morning from a brilliantly sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely day yesterday at Berkley Castle, we had a guided tour. It is amazing the little bits of history you pick up that you never knew. Also, went round Edward Jenners house, and the Butterfly House. Had lunch at the café but was able to sit outside....summer is here smile

The coach did have Air Con kitty as I had to keep my jacket on in the coach!

Have to wait in for someone to come and fit our extractor fan for the oven, hopefully he will be fairly early. My friend is coming over this afternoon, so I can hear all about her holiday in California.

Have a lovely day everyone.