Gransnet forums

Chat

Soops Kitchen , kindness and cake served with love. Come on in !

(1001 Posts)
NanaandGrampy Wed 15-May-19 22:11:23

Oooooh I’m all excited now......

soop Thu 16-May-19 11:45:30

Oh boy! What wre you lot like? Wonderful springs to mind.
I saunter in thinking...sometime soon I shall need to open our new kitchen. I'm bowled over by what I find. Not only a new kitchen but a mountain of messages to catch up with. You put me to shame. But...I love you lots. flowers sunshine smile cupcake brew wine

soop Thu 16-May-19 11:46:17

Are...not wre blush[

soop Thu 16-May-19 12:02:06

Phew! I'm about to burst into song...

Here we are again,
Happy as can be,
All good pals and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather,
Never mind the rain,
As long as we're together...We'll continue to celebrate and commisserate in equal measure.

It's what we do. you lot have made a huge impact in my life. We have shared sorrows and happy-clappy times and, for as long as one of us cares enough to open future kitchens, we'll benefit from each other's experiences.

Corner Gorgeous photos.
kitty Gorgeous grandson.
Here, in response, is last night's Kintyre sunset.

I need to play major catch-up. wink

soop Thu 16-May-19 12:03:21

hmm The washing machine calls. Drat!

Nannytopsy Thu 16-May-19 13:24:08

So does mine Soop! Ho hum.

lemongrove Thu 16-May-19 13:29:12

What cake is on offer then?Having been away for a few days and having delicious cake every day, has made me rather picky.
It’s not your rock cake is it Soop ??

soop Thu 16-May-19 13:39:10

lemongrove Wash yer mouth out. My rock cake lives up to it's name. Word of warning...those with dentures beware! So, why haven't you come bearing cake?
It's been a while since I walked into the Argy and staggered out again. Trusting that lot are doing what they do best. Can't for the life of me think of one example...but...Marydoll did make me feel sort of welcome. wink

Nannyt Why is it that some people need to feel the need to intimidate, even in a small way. A little empathy wouldn't go amiss. I hope that the new eye drops help to ease your discomfort.

lemongrove Thu 16-May-19 13:42:12

You’re welcome in The Argy anytime Soop ye’ll do for us, rough as ye are! smile

soop Thu 16-May-19 13:46:16

Ann It will be good for you to accept whatever invitations appeal to you. A very good sign that you are beginning to feel more confident.

N&G Goodie. We are all wanting more pics of the boys. Weather here is good. What have you planned for the visit? Those dear grandchildren of yours are truly fortunate.

soop Thu 16-May-19 13:51:34

lemongrove Such kind words. I'm almost overcome. Funny how I can be a proper lady in our kitchen and...yet, when stepping over the grubby Argy mat, I become all sort of otherwise. grin It's a mystery.

soop Thu 16-May-19 13:55:46

Greyduster I meant to say that I was sorry to hear that your husband's brother is very sick. Putting into words how one feels about such news, is a very difficult task. All that you can do, is speak from the heart. flowers

Feelingmyage55 Thu 16-May-19 13:59:29

No cake but given the weather, tubs of ice cream in the freezer, fresh fruit and raspberry sauce. Make yourselves a knickerbocker glory. ???

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-May-19 13:59:47

soop please may I remind you in your present state of health you are going nowhere and certainly not that den of iniquity. You have your health to consider and that is not possible in The Argy.

I agree, the photos are beautiful, especially yours. We do not have a sunset like that in London.

Doodle Thu 16-May-19 14:33:33

Lovely sunset soop . You live in such a pretty place. I think charlie is right, the Argy is a bit dangerous in your current condition. Goodness knows what (or who) you would pick up. Don’t worry, I’ll sneak in the kitchen with a couple of pints of poteen ?. One for you and one for Marydoll. That’ll put hairs on your chest ?
Right I have been baking all morning (i.e. have been to Waitrose and M&S) so have a selection of goodies for you on the table including my favourite chocolate covered coconut macaroons ?. Please tuck in all, before I eat the lot ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-May-19 14:45:31

Doodle sounds lovely but I am trying to be good and eating at meal times only except fruit.

I doubt if there are antibiotics on the market which could clear anything that soop is very likely to pick up at the Argy. If soop is not careful Tara and I will not our way and I doubt if she would like that.

The sun is out but there is a northeasterly wind so I am feeling cold at present. I must make a quick trip to Waitrose because I have no bread or eggs.
TOYA

GrannyGravy13 Thu 16-May-19 15:26:40

Well my pottering hasn't gone to plan!!!!

On the plus side I have sorted out clothes, toiletries and medication for our upcoming "3 generation holiday". No bikini,high heels and glamour this time......more Birkenstock, trainers and all in one swimsuits to cope with an energetic 4 yr old!!! I am so looking forward to GC face when he is woken up early for his "surprise" plane journey!

Far to late for a "pre holiday diet" so I am about to have a madeleine and a coffee, have left some on the work top for you all - first come first served!!!

Soop stay away from the Argy I only popped in quickly, lost my boots and took weeks to recover???

TOYA ?☕️?

Greyduster Thu 16-May-19 15:30:35

Good afternoon the new kitchen! Blimey, it’s moving along like the Epsom Derby in here.
We have just staggered back from a shopping trip to Chesterfield market, and it being Thursday we had to trundle around all the many bric a brac stalls as it is flea market day. I used to enjoy it - all that hmm interesting stuff, and now it hate it, but DH doesn’t. I ended up buying two palette knives, painting for the use of (when I get around to actually doing any!), a(nother) rug making hook, and three pounds of new potatoes. Oh, and two packs of Derbyshire oatcakes. We didn’t even manage coffee and cake today as Himself is still struggling to eat properly, and I thought it incumbent on me to show solidarity sad.

Kitty your GS - I am smitten. Okay, that’s two young men I am smitten with now! The other is coming to stay this weekend while his daft parents do a twenty mile trail run in the Peak District on terrain I would struggle to stay upright walking on, let alone running. And I don’t think the weather is going to be kind to them. Whatever floats yer boat!

Corner beautiful photos - looks a fabulous place to take your camera! Perhaps we should start a Soop’s kitchen gallery!

NannyT be patient with the eye - DH’s took a while to heal, and he is still putting drops in four times a day, but it seems to be keeping things on an even keel.

N&G good to hear you are girding your loins again for the little boys this weekend! You know they keep you on your toes. Better keep Grampy off the footie pitch, his back having only just recovered - or tell them walking football only. You had better have your whistle handy! We were talking to the ref at GS’s last match and he said he wears out a whistle every time he referees walking football for the over sixties. They are not very well behaved and there’s not a lot of walking involved after the first five minutes!

Thankyou for all who wished my brother in law well. He is comparatively young at 61, and fit, and he will get the best of treatment in Brisbane, so we are hopeful. They were making plans to come home to Wales permanently soon - they miss their grandchildren - but that may go on a back burner now.

Well, I will have to go; there is an apple turnover with my name on it in the fridge and my solidarity has suddenly crumbled to dust!

To all I have failed to mention this time, TOYA.

soop Thu 16-May-19 17:24:36

Dear Kitcheners, your well meant advice not to visit the Argy has been duly noted. I might just about fall over the threshold, after which, well...the mind boggles.

GrannyGravy You managed to get off lightly. Losing your boots was a minor buggeration. Marydoll had a very traumatic session with a bearded fella in the cellar. Thankfully, as a result, she merely had a very long phantom pregnancy. What's more, the poteen was most certainly not to blame. Marydoll will tell you what happened in her own innocent way. wink

It has been a wonderfully sunny and warm day in Kintyre. MacSporran has been perched high on a ladder trimming a very tall, long hedge. My heart has been pounding at the very sight of him holding an electric trimmer. I did tell him so. As per he replied - I always take care. That is not strictly true. Next year we shall almost certainly need to pay for help in the garden.

I imagine that there will be yet another colourful sunset a little later. True to form, the camera will be at hand. I have hundreds of images in the sunset file. I shall never cease to enjoy each and every one.

Log off time. Panache You remain in our thoughts. As do all our Granspals who are going through a tough and trying time. TOYA.

Until tomorrow...smile moon

Mapleleaf Thu 16-May-19 17:25:03

Hello, all.
I know I don’t pop in often, but just wanted to say what lovely photos!
I’ve made some melting moments if anyone wants one with their coffee.
I must say, I do like the idea of TOYA, as I invariably miss out someone when reading through all the posts.
Glad your eye is improving, NannyT. It must have been so uncomfortable.
Well, I had another constructive day in the garden, cleared quite a few weeds and played around positioning pots then put some back where they were originally! ? - Decided against going into town as I really couldn’t be bothered to go. Maybe tomorrow instead.
Right, I might pop in tomorrow for a quick coffee, but need to go and have my tea as I’m going out later.
TOYA. ?

MawBroonsback Thu 16-May-19 19:28:40

Just to say if 1inamillion looks in, I had a pm from her which has apparently been deleted at her request.
So I shall never know what was in it.....sad

Urmstongran Fri 17-May-19 05:43:36

Hello lovely ladies. I’ve popped in just to have a peep in the new kitchen. It’s wonderful! I’m another who doesn’t call in as often as I’d like, especially as I was made so very welcome a few weeks ago when I plucked up the courage to open the door.

soop your idea of having a kitchen was inspired.
❤️

Would someone please tell me what or who TOYA is?

Right I’m back to my bed. Throat like swallowing razor blades had me up for anti inflammatory tablets again.

annsixty Fri 17-May-19 07:18:50

T hinking
O f
Y ou
A ll
To save us typing it everytime.

Nannytopsy Fri 17-May-19 08:13:39

Good morning everyone! Sourdough loaf and chocolate cake on the table for you. Popping down to DS’s at the weekend and DGS always asks for chocolate cake!
My dear big brother is in hospital again - broke his hip in December then had his knee replaced a couple of weeks ago. Now they find the hip is badly infected. I pity the nurses - he is not an easy patient. ?
Our house viewing yesterday proved to be the local council. I can’t bear the thought of my beautiful garden being turfed over or worse, slabbed. One of the gentlemen said I would be doing them a favour if I dug it up. I am very reluctant to accept any offer from them.

Panache Fri 17-May-19 08:30:34

And yes another new topping kitchen,one without stupid errors in its title!!!!

Good Morning dear friends and I hope life is being kind to one and all as well as some beautiful sunshine

I hardly have time to breathe at the mo but pleased to add between the therapy,some extra good nourishment plus added tonics my man is now free of the greater pain,is able to walk just a little again so overall we are both all smiles!
He tires very easily but is being the perfect patient,heading off for a little snooze.
I am coping with a some help from the various services,whilst our Hospice at Home have well and truly saved our sanity.
As for sheer tiredness,I could sleep on a pin!

Take care of that eye Nannytopsy eyesight is so very precious.

Morning has certainly broken and my day is in full flow!

TOYA with much love.

Nannytopsy Fri 17-May-19 08:33:38

How wonderful to hear positive news from West Wales Panache! So glad that you are finally getting some support. thanks

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion